margara&john

DAS certificates

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi everyone. My fiance, Margarita, went to pickup her Certificado judicial today. It is only valid for 30 days. At the DAS interview she was asked if her CJ is for a job or to leave the country. She said it is to leave the country. If our interview will be in more than 30 days from now, does she need a new one? She is also having a great deal of trouble getting her Migratory document. We have called DAS and she has gone to the office in Medellin, but she is still confused about how to get it. Our case has allready been sent to Bogota, so she needs to get the Migratory doc ASAP. thanks

i believe you guys can pick up the docs at the DAS office in Bogota. i think it takes 3 working days. plan on spending some time in bogota and going to the interview with her.

the DAS office is about 20 to 30 minute ride from the embassy.

trying to get the docs in places like medellin or cali can take weeks.

just get them in bogota, but leave yourself plenty of time.

go early and just rent a room near the embassy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
.....trying to get the docs in places like medellin or cali can take weeks.......

Do you think I could tell my fiance to start the process of getting her 'pasado judicial' in Cali since we haven't received our NOA2 yet? If so, where can she go to get it?

I know you said getting it in Bogota is easier and takes only a couple of days but some of our fiances can't afford to spend a lot of time in Bogota and don't have flexible schedules from work/school.

Any advice is appreciated, Cesar.

"Es mucho mejor comprender el universo por lo que es que persistir en la ilusion, no importa que tan gratificante y tranquilizadora sea." Carl Sagan

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
.....trying to get the docs in places like medellin or cali can take weeks.......

Do you think I could tell my fiance to start the process of getting her 'pasado judicial' in Cali since we haven't received our NOA2 yet? If so, where can she go to get it?

I know you said getting it in Bogota is easier and takes only a couple of days but some of our fiances can't afford to spend a lot of time in Bogota and don't have flexible schedules from work/school.

Margarita went to the DAS office in Medellin and got the proper paperwork for the Migratory document (leaving and returning to colombia). She then had to pay at a bank. Once she had paid, she delivered her papers to DAS. She was told that she can pick them up in Bogota in 3 business days, and that they will be there until she picks them up. For her Certificado Judicial (police record) she scheduled an appointment with the DAS office in Medellin and went to an interview. She then was able to pick that up at the DAS office in Medellin 3 business days later. I would wait until you have the inteview date, because we are not sure if her Certificado Judicial is only valid for 1 month. It says valid for 1 year, but the man at the DAS office told her it is only valid for 1 month as far as the Embassy is concerned

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Margarita went to the DAS office in Medellin and got the proper paperwork for the Migratory document (leaving and returning to colombia). She then had to pay at a bank. Once she had paid, she delivered her papers to DAS. She was told that she can pick them up in Bogota in 3 business days, and that they will be there until she picks them up. For her Certificado Judicial (police record) she scheduled an appointment with the DAS office in Medellin and went to an interview. She then was able to pick that up at the DAS office in Medellin 3 business days later. I would wait until you have the inteview date, because we are not sure if her Certificado Judicial is only valid for 1 month. It says valid for 1 year, but the man at the DAS office told her it is only valid for 1 month as far as the Embassy is concerned

John,

Hi! I also have a Paisa Fiance. I am hoping to receive NOA #2 in the next month or so. I am still fairly new to this site and am trying to find a list of what other documents that Sandra needs to start getting her hands on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

• 3 weeks later...

John,

Hi! I also have a Paisa Fiance. I am hoping to receive NOA #2 in the next month or so. I am still fairly new to this site and am trying to find a list of what other documents that Sandra needs to start getting her hands on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

Greg

I will suggest that your Fiancée register for this forum, and then she could ask questions in the spanish forum where all Colombians are posting questions regarding the process in Colombia specifically. I hope this helps you.

Pat's Husband

K-1 visa

Bogotá, Colombia

Interview Date :............2008-05-15, VISA APPROVED

Visa Received :.............2008-05-20

U.S.A.

POE Date :..................2008-08-30 Saturday, Miami FL (awful - more than 5 hours)

Wedding Date : .............2008-09-11 Thursday

AOS:

Interview Appt:.............2009-02-05

GC approved:................2009-02-05

GC arrived:.................2009-02-17 (END)

GC expires:.................2011-02-05**

Removing of conditions (ROC):

ROC will be filed with:.....CSC

ROC filing date:............2010-11-13 (ACTUAL SENDING DATE, SATURDAY)

ROC filing received by CSC..2010-11-15 (CONFIRMED VIA EMAIL)

ROC check cashed by CSC.....2010-11-17

ROC NOA date received:......2010-11-20

ROC NOA date printed:.......2010-11-15

ROC RFE dates(if any):......(none so far)

ROC Bio Appt Date(if any):..2010-12-22

ROC Interview Date(if any):.None

ROC GC approved Date:.......2011-02-16

ROC GC received Date:.......2011-02-22 (END)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.