neenuh

question with DS-230 for mother & child

1 post in this topic

help, please?

my son and i have two separate I-130 petitions for our IR-1 visa and i am trying to complete my DS-230.

the DS-230 says:

"Complete one copy of this form for yourself and each member of your family, regardless of age, who will immigrate with you."

further, the appointment NVC processing instructions say:

"The applicant and each family member who will accompany the applicant to the United States will need to submit the following original documents or certified copies of the documents listed in this section from an appropriate authority (the issuing entity). In addition to sending the original documents or certified copies of the documents to the NVC, the applicant and each accompanying family member must submit a photocopy of the original documents or certified copies of the documents."

i understand for the IR-1 visa, each petition should be treated separately. so now i want to know, do i submit both my DS-230 and my son's and all required documents (mine and my son's) to NVC even though i am responding to my petition case? if so, then i do the same with my son's petition case, yeah?

thanks!

Feelicks <3 Neenuh

04.23.07 sent I-130 packet

04.25.07 USPS confirmed I-130 packet delivered

05.18.07 money order cashed

08.09.07 received NOA1

09.23.07 received NOA2

10.23.07 received I-864 AOS fee

12.14.07 received I-864 AOS instructions

12.15.07 mailed DS-3032

01.04.08 received IV fee

02.15.08 mailed I-864 AOS packet

02.15.08 mailed money order for IV fee

03.03.08 received IV packet

04.09.08 received I-864 AOS RFE

07.19.08 mailed I-864 RFE documents

12.19.08 mailed IV packet

01.02.09 case completed at the NVC

02.24.09 NVC interview packet arrived

02.25.09 SLEC medical DAY 1

02.27.09 SLEC medical DAY 2

03.02.09 SLEC medical DAY 3 PASSED!

03.05.09 USEM interview @ 6:30am APPROVED!

03.07.09 visas in hand

04.20.09 Arrived at SFO

05.05.09 Received SSN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.