shikarnov

Police Certificate

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi All,

So Ira and I are at the police station this morning. We're waiting around in an amoeba-like line for 2 hours (the officer was 45 minutes late to work). So we ask for a Свидетельство Милиции. The guy blinks twice and stares at us in silence. We try to explain what the thing is supposed to say (to the best of our knowledge) - that Ira's lived here for X years, has never had problems, etc... The officer, who was clearly sick or hung over, hadn't the foggiest clue what we were talking about.

So now I'm wondering if we needed to know some magic phrase. "Open Sesame" comes to mind, or perhaps a abrasive yet simple "Давай!"

Anyway, does anybody know what the Police Certificate is called in Russian? Is it some equivalent of Form 1087-C, or a weird acronym, or what?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Z

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi,

it is called "Справка о несудимости (отсутствии судимости)".

As far as I know it's not just a usual police station that you need to contact. There are Information Centers that can issue such certificates. Usually it takes about a month to get it in Russia.

If you fiancee makes a quick search on the net, I'm sure she'll find the exact name and the address of the center in her region.

Good luck!

Edited by Tea and Honey

Our Timeline

2005-08-07 -- Met in Moscow

2007-10-08 -- Got engaged

K-1

2007-10-26 -- I-129F Sent to CSC

2007-11-06 -- NOA1

2008-03-21 -- NOA2!!!

2008-06-30 -- Interview - Approved!!

2008-07-03 -- Visa received

2008-07-11 -- Kyle flies to Moscow

2008-07-14 -- Kyle and Tasha fly home!

2008-07-20 -- Married on the beach

AOS

2008-09-04 -- Filed for AOS

2008-09-10 -- NOA1s

2008-10-06 -- Biometrics

2008-11-15 -- AP approved

2008-11-19 -- EAD approved

2008-11-20 -- AP received

2008-11-24 -- EAD received

2008-12-09 -- Interview- Approved!!

2009-01-23 -- Green card received

Lifting of Conditions

2010-10-01 -- Filed

2010-10-04 -- NOA1

2010-11-12 -- Biometrics

2011-01-12 -- Approved

2011-01-20 -- Green card received

Naturalization

2011-09-10 -- Filed

2011-09-16 -- NOA1

2011-10-14 -- Biometrics

2011-11-22 -- Interview

2011-12-12 -- Approved

2011-12-14 -- Oath Ceremony

0_2_1216497600_ccfb20e6e5ede0f2fb.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Hi,

it is called "Справка о несудимости (отсутствии судимости)".

As far as I know it's not just a usual police station that you need to contact. There are Information Centers that can issue such certificates. Usually it takes about a month to get it in Russia.

If you fiancee makes a quick search on the net, I'm sure she'll find the exact name and the address of the center in her region.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply! Ira's only response when I read to her what it was called was "Yasno..."

Z

Ah, the old Form 1087-C.

Are you refering to the prisoner forms, the tax forms, the Australian "application for operators license of unmanned aerial vehicle" or the ever-interesting read of the White Paper dealing with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)?

So much info.... so little time. Whenever I Google something, I end up reading more ####### that I don't need than what I'm actually looking for. So much useless knowledge out there. I swear, in 20 or 30 more years, that trivia game at the bar is going to be like preschool. "Yeah, the timing connection of the programmable switch for the third circuit is just right of center plus two seconds. I thought everyone knew that."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.