aki

Do we need to present the 2007 ITR during the interview?

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

What about business owners???? they can file for extension of they ITR due to all paperwork its require....And last year my fiance filed his only in october and I prolly gonna have my interview between may or june!!!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
What about business owners???? they can file for extension of they ITR due to all paperwork its require....And last year my fiance filed his only in october and I prolly gonna have my interview between may or june!!!!

my fiance sellf employed I will show his 2007 ITR... his 2006 dsnt met the P-line.

Timeline

my fiance sellf employed I will show his 2007 ITR... his 2006 dsnt met the P-line.

Oh boy... where to start..........

Dear NON-USC's:

The ITR (Income Tax Return) is a voluntary/madatory statement of Income and taxes paid to the United States Treasury. It is filed using various versions of the 1040 Form. It is due each year for the PREVIOUS calendar year by April 15. Automatic extensions can be granted and the due date becomes August 15. Realistically, an ITR for 2007 might not even be prepared until August of 2008.

Taxes are withheld from an employees pay and these are accounted for in the ITR. Any employee who has had more taxes withheld than what they actually owe as determined by the 1040, will receive a refund check from the US Treasury. Those that did not pay enough taxes will be require to submit the additional funds.

So, those getting a refund may file as soon as possible, and those that owe may file as late as possible. Other factors include the complication of the return, if it is with business, investments, and multiple employers. Purchase and selling of real estate and other deductions can cause a very complicated ITR.

From the stand point of the Consular, his job is to see that your petitioner is capable of supporting you. One method is by viewing the ITR. The ITR is such a legal instrument that falsifying that document can lead to criminal and civil penalties. That's right, if you are caught lying on your ITR, you can go to jail. So, as such, it is a very good judge of a person's income. As a government official, the Consular can probably request originals of your ITR from the US Treasury, but I would suspect this would be in very rare cases.

The bottom line is this: If your petitioner is gainfully employed with a notable employer, making a substantial salary well above poverty level, one year of tax return with supporting bank, stocks, real property, should be sufficient evidence. If your petitioner makes his living picking up aluminum cans, is barely at or below the poverty level, and doesn't have a bank account, three years worth of ITR might not even be sufficient.

So, there is no reason to 'freak out' over having a 2007 or 2006 ITR at this particular date. Remember, the Consular has to file his/her ITR 1040's by April 15 ALSO... and I'll bet NONE of them have done that yet!

One of the top reasons for divorce in the US is trouble over finances. If you are considering getting into marriage with a poor person, you had better have LOTS of love, cuz you sure ain't gonna have lots of wealth....

My two cents, properly filed on line 34a 1040c

- Derrel

15 Apr 2007 - Arrived Manila for work

18 Apr 2007 - Life changed, met wonderful woman.

04 May 2007 - Work ended, return to US.

29 May 2007 - I-129F Received by CSC

06 Jun 2007 - NOA1

15 Jun 2007 - 10 day vacation to province

07 Sep 2007 - 8 day vacation to Manila

19 Nov 2007 - NOA2

14 Dec 2007 - NVC entered data MNL2007847XXX

17 Dec 2007 - per phone call, case left NVC for USEM

21 Dec 2007 - per phone call, electronic case arrived at USEM

15 Jan 2008 - per phone call 11:30pm CST (Jan 16 in Manila) interview date obtained

22-25 Jan 2008 - EARLY medical SLEC appointment

05 Mar 2008 - K-1 Interview USEM

29 Mar 2008 - Arrived DFW airport

17 May 2008 - Married, Dallas, TX

20 Jun 2008 - Filed AOS, EAD

CONFIRMED Baby due 18 Apr 2009 - Two years from meeting.

5 Nov 2008 - K-2 Visa for child @ USEM

I'm wondering about something......everyone is so worried about the tax forms and W2s. I'm sending them but the I-134 actually only asks for letters from your employer and possibly banks; they only ask for the last income tax return if you are self employed.

Does anyone actually know about someone being turned down for only having what they ask for?

check the Evidence of Support in the Fiance Visa Appointment Packet. http://usembassy.state.gov/manila/wwwfivk1.pdf

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

THANKS ALOT Derrel & Lai :)

WELL IN FACT I WONT EVEN WORRY ABOUT IT BECAUSE I CAN SUBMIT 2004-2005-2006 AND MY FIANCE INCOME IS WAY HIGHER THAN THE POVERTY LINE IN FACT WAY OVER 55,000/ YEAR.

SO NO! MY PLAN ISNT TO MARRY A POOR GUY :lol: AND AS A CANADIAN I WOULNT NEED ANY PURPOSE BUT LOVE TO MARRY AN AMERICAN :yes::luv::luv:(L)

(JUST KIDDING !!...I LOVE MY MAN DEEPLY)

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF YOU AND THANKS AGAIN Derrel & Lai FOR YOUR ANSWER.

(F)

WELL IN FACT I WONT EVEN WORRY ABOUT IT BECAUSE I CAN SUBMIT 2004-2005-2006 AND MY FIANCE INCOME IS WAY HIGHER THAN THE POVERTY LINE IN FACT WAY OVER 55,000/ YEAR.

SO NO! MY PLAN ISNT TO MARRY A POOR GUY :lol: AND AS A CANADIAN I WOULNT NEED ANY PURPOSE BUT LOVE TO MARRY AN AMERICAN :yes::luv::luv:(L)

(F)

Canadian? your lucky with one aspect of your visa journey, will not take a 14 hour plane flight to get here. :P:whistle::lol:

best of luck the rest of the way :thumbs:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Timeline

Oh boy... where to start..........

Dear NON-USC's:

The ITR (Income Tax Return) is a voluntary/madatory statement of Income and taxes paid to the United States Treasury. It is filed using various versions of the 1040 Form. It is due each year for the PREVIOUS calendar year by April 15. Automatic extensions can be granted and the due date becomes August 15. Realistically, an ITR for 2007 might not even be prepared until August of 2008.

Taxes are withheld from an employees pay and these are accounted for in the ITR. Any employee who has had more taxes withheld than what they actually owe as determined by the 1040, will receive a refund check from the US Treasury. Those that did not pay enough taxes will be require to submit the additional funds.

So, those getting a refund may file as soon as possible, and those that owe may file as late as possible. Other factors include the complication of the return, if it is with business, investments, and multiple employers. Purchase and selling of real estate and other deductions can cause a very complicated ITR.

From the stand point of the Consular, his job is to see that your petitioner is capable of supporting you. One method is by viewing the ITR. The ITR is such a legal instrument that falsifying that document can lead to criminal and civil penalties. That's right, if you are caught lying on your ITR, you can go to jail. So, as such, it is a very good judge of a person's income. As a government official, the Consular can probably request originals of your ITR from the US Treasury, but I would suspect this would be in very rare cases.

The bottom line is this: If your petitioner is gainfully employed with a notable employer, making a substantial salary well above poverty level, one year of tax return with supporting bank, stocks, real property, should be sufficient evidence. If your petitioner makes his living picking up aluminum cans, is barely at or below the poverty level, and doesn't have a bank account, three years worth of ITR might not even be sufficient.

So, there is no reason to 'freak out' over having a 2007 or 2006 ITR at this particular date. Remember, the Consular has to file his/her ITR 1040's by April 15 ALSO... and I'll bet NONE of them have done that yet!

One of the top reasons for divorce in the US is trouble over finances. If you are considering getting into marriage with a poor person, you had better have LOTS of love, cuz you sure ain't gonna have lots of wealth....

My two cents, properly filed on line 34a 1040c

- Derrel

well..... just hope and pray hard!!!!

Timeline

(F)

Canadian? your lucky with one aspect of your visa journey, will not take a 14 hour plane flight to get here. :P:whistle::lol:

14 Hours??? WOW... I wish I was that close. The absolute FASTEST trip to Dallas is 19.5 hours. And I have done one 27 hour with a bounce through a typhoon.

Gee, if the Pacific were simply as wide as the Rio Grande.......

- Derrel

15 Apr 2007 - Arrived Manila for work

18 Apr 2007 - Life changed, met wonderful woman.

04 May 2007 - Work ended, return to US.

29 May 2007 - I-129F Received by CSC

06 Jun 2007 - NOA1

15 Jun 2007 - 10 day vacation to province

07 Sep 2007 - 8 day vacation to Manila

19 Nov 2007 - NOA2

14 Dec 2007 - NVC entered data MNL2007847XXX

17 Dec 2007 - per phone call, case left NVC for USEM

21 Dec 2007 - per phone call, electronic case arrived at USEM

15 Jan 2008 - per phone call 11:30pm CST (Jan 16 in Manila) interview date obtained

22-25 Jan 2008 - EARLY medical SLEC appointment

05 Mar 2008 - K-1 Interview USEM

29 Mar 2008 - Arrived DFW airport

17 May 2008 - Married, Dallas, TX

20 Jun 2008 - Filed AOS, EAD

CONFIRMED Baby due 18 Apr 2009 - Two years from meeting.

5 Nov 2008 - K-2 Visa for child @ USEM

Timeline

(F)

14 Hours??? WOW... I wish I was that close. The absolute FASTEST trip to Dallas is 19.5 hours. And I have done one 27 hour with a bounce through a typhoon.

Gee, if the Pacific were simply as wide as the Rio Grande.......

- Derrel

guys this post all about ITR :blush::wacko:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.