Dan & Jovy

Anybody know a good online study program?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

We're getting closer to the interview date (Feb 8), and Jovy is getting her plane ticket to go along with her brother to Manila next week. She was able to get all of her necessary documents in Davao about 2 weeks ago, and finally received my package with I-134 and other supporting documents from LBC on Monday. We weren't able to work out an early medical due to late packet 4 and many things still to do at that time, but are now confident that there won't be any reason she can't do it on the scheduled date. :blush: Also she has had regular doctor visits, and blood tests/chest x-rays and she's not worried about any results. Of course, me i'm nervous about anything that could cause more delay to our being together.

When we get back here after the visa, she will initially be staying home alone while i am at work every day. My neighborhood is quiet and its not too easy getting to know the people here. I'll be teaching her to use the computer, because she never really got any opportunity for that. After she gets more comfortable in the new surroundings, I hope she's going to become interested in learning to drive, and actually I kept my Honda Accord when i just got my new car, just so she'd have to stare at it (wondering why she wants to stay home instead of driving lol).

Anyway, for starters, we both like the idea if she can start some online education, improving her english skills and trying to get some other general courses as well. We hope that way later she can have opportunity for some college studies here, in any courses that interest her. I wondered if anyone knows of a good online program of study for someone new to the US, especially anyone from the Philippines who found something useful here. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Good luck to everyone on your journeys, maybe someday we can join you all for a big party.

Dan

07-09-07 - Sent I-129F package via express mail to VSC

07-11-07 - USPS Express mail delivery confirmed at VSC

07-12-07 - Date of NOA1 (per case status search on USCIS web site)

07-13-07 - Date check cashed by USCIS for 129-F filing fee

07-16-07 - Date check posted to my bank

07-17-07 - Date check actually cleared my bank account online (& check image and case #visible)

11-27-07 - E-mail notice of NOA2, mailed to me on 11/27/07

12-03-07 - Notice of NVC receipt, assignment of MNL case number

01-03-08 - Packet (3/4?) info received from USE

02-01-08 - Medical Completed at St. Luke's

02-08-08 - Embassy Interview Appointment (APPROVED!!!)

02-17-08 - Visa received!!

02-25-08 - Jovy & Dan together for good

03-05-08 - Leaving MNL for Newark, NJ our POE and close to home.

04-26-08 - Civil service, officially married!!

06-14-08 - Private ceremony & reception (the big party)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have been told they are very good and worth the $$ , this should help her take any online classes in the future.

http://www.rosettastone.com/

Edited by runs4fun

NOA2 - November 20 , 2007 (11/20/07)

Interview in MNL - March 4 , 2008

I would suggest looking at community colleges near you. They might have online courses that might be interesting to your (soon to be) wife.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Hello there!

Please tell her to listen attentively to the CFO seminar because they give tips on support organizations here in the USA like community centers. Your fiancee can avail of the free lessons in english, computer, cooking & etc. Good luck & God bless.

N-400 TIMELINE

06/06/12 * Naturalization Interview

04/30/12 * Received Interview Letter

04/04/12 * Biometrics

03/10/12 * Received NOA

03/03/12 * N-400 Submitted (AZ)

I-751 TIMELINE

05/18/11 * Received 10 yr Green Card

05/17/11 * Approved

04/04/11 * Biometrics Appointment done

03/21/11 * Received Bio Notice (03/15/11)

03/03/11 * Encashed check

03/01/11 * NOA1 receipt date

02/28/11 * I-751 submitted (CSC)

Just ask my wife!! Heheheheh :thumbs:

I-130 PETITION

May-11-07 Mailed I-130 to CSC

Sept-14-07 I-130 APPROVED!!!!..after 100 days!

NVC Process

Sept-24-07 NVC rec'd case/assigned number

Jan-04-08 NVC CASE COMPLETE

USEM

Feb-14-2008 INTERVIEW IN USEManila APPROVED!!!

Feb-19-2008 Visa in HAND!! Wohoo!!!

IN TEXAS

Feb-28-2008 POE DFW

Mar-24-2008 Receive Green Card on Mail..

REMOVING CONDITIONS NOV..

Jan-11-2010 Mailed I-175 to VSC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.