pri

lttr frm Mtl asking status in canada

4 posts in this topic

Hi all ,

I recd a letter from the Mtl Consulate saying

'Thank you for your recent inquiry in your immigrant visa case. The following chkd remarks pertain to your case

1. Pls furnish this office with proof of your canadian citizenship or your legal immigartion status in canada.

Well i have my PR card which i can send with me so my questiosn are ( I had not attached a copy in my Petition)

a) Can I fax a copy of my PR card front and back to the consulate do they accept it? or do shld i mail it?

B) or do i have to prove them at my interview day, bcos when i called the consulate yday they told me they had sent a packet on the 29 Jan and this letter is dated 30 Jan 06 so is this the same letter which they confirmed on the phone. as i believe when i give them the case # they just chk in the computer that smthng has been mailed out???

c) I have given my Cndn ctznshp test in Dec 05 now before i get my Cdn passport if i get an interview date and they stamp the visa on my current Indian passport, can i get it restamped on my cdn passprt i feel the dates would be very close.

Commants and views are welcome

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Nice, they ask for proof and dont tell you what constitutes proof. Its the weekend so you cant call them... I know some peeps have been in this situation before.. Id take a flyer and mail it now so it gets there and phone on Monday and ask if thats enough.

IR1

April 14, 2004 I-130 NOA1

April 25, 2005 IR1 Received

April 26, 2005 POE Dorval Airport

May 13, 2005 Welcome to America Letters Received

May 21, 2005 PR Card in Mail

May 26, 2005 Applied for SSN at local office

June 06, 2005 SSN Received

June 11, 2005 Driver Licence Issued!

June 20, 2005 Deb gets a Check Card! Just like Donald Trump's!

Citizenship

Jan 30, 2008 N400 Mailed off to the VSC!

Feb 2, 2008 N400 Received at VSC

Feb 6, 2008 Check Cashed!

Feb 13, 2008 NOA1 Received

Feb 15, 2008 Fingerprint letter received. (Feb 26th scheduled)

Feb 18, 2008 Mailed out the old Please Reschedule us for Biometics <sigh>...

Feb 27, 2008 Received the new scheduled biometrics.

Mar 15, 2008 Biometrics Rescheduled.

Sep 18, 2008 Interview Letter Recieved.

Nov 11, 2008 Interview Passed :-).

Nov 14, 2008 Oath Cerimony.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi all ,

I recd a letter from the Mtl Consulate saying

'Thank you for your recent inquiry in your immigrant visa case. The following chkd remarks pertain to your case

1. Pls furnish this office with proof of your canadian citizenship or your legal immigartion status in canada.

Well i have my PR card which i can send with me so my questiosn are ( I had not attached a copy in my Petition)

a) Can I fax a copy of my PR card front and back to the consulate do they accept it? or do shld i mail it?

Montreal accepts nothing faxed. You'll have to mail it to them. Mail them the photocopy... not the actual card

B) or do i have to prove them at my interview day, bcos when i called the consulate yday they told me they had sent a packet on the 29 Jan and this letter is dated 30 Jan 06 so is this the same letter which they confirmed on the phone. as i believe when i give them the case # they just chk in the computer that smthng has been mailed out???

Yes.. I believe that this letter is what they mailed out.

c) I have given my Cndn ctznshp test in Dec 05 now before i get my Cdn passport if i get an interview date and they stamp the visa on my current Indian passport, can i get it restamped on my cdn passprt i feel the dates would be very close.

They will only place the visa in one passport. Once it is placed, that's it. In the grand scheme of things. It doesn't matter which passport they place the visa in. The processing is the same whether it's in your Indian Passport or your Canadian Passport.

Commants and views are welcome

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

called the Mtl consulate and they confirmed that only a letter was sent out. So i told them i had faxed this morning copy of my PR Card along with a cover letter giving the case# and the beneficiary name.

The lady told me it was fine and i dont need to mail one and saod once the case is updated they would send me a packet.

But just as precation i would mail them a copy

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.