Arrta

Cebu Pacific Air

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just tried to purchase tickets online and their site said it could not process my order try another card. It did this for all 3 of my credit cards.

I am trying to purchase tickets for Charry and her friend Joy so they can goto Manila for the interview next month.

I tried calling their phone number but got stuck in an endless loop of music and adverts waiting for someone to answer.

Does anyone know if they are open 24/7? Because there is no time listed on the site and the phone didnt say there was noone there to answer.

Marc

I had the same problem. I tried 3 different cards. I tried calling randomly throughout a 24 hour period during a normal business day. I had no response. I then sent them a not so nice email in regards to their system and no support on their telephone line. I also told them I booked with PAL(which I didn't do). I sent Donna the money and she ended up walking into a Cebu Pacific office to purchase the tickets. They were just down right cheaper than PAL.

Removing Conditions

11/29/09 - I-751 Sent

11/30/09 - I-751 Received

12/01/11 - NOA

08/24/12 - Approved, no interview, card ordered

AOS/EAD/AP

06/11/09 - AOS/EAD/AP Sent

12/29/09 - AOS Approved, no interview, card ordered

01/04/10 - LPR card received

-------

Please update your time-line, it benefits us all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

same thing happened to us. (4 cards!) I sent her the money through xoom.com and she went to purchase it for me :)

Mid-June filer, Mid-July NOA1 :(...

6/21/07 - I-129F Sent : transferred to CSC at some point...

7/12/07 - Received date as shown on NOA1 Hardcopy

7/18/07 - NOA1

7/21/07 - Check FINALLY Cashed!!!

7/24/07 - Finally got receipt number off the back of cancelled check!

11/23/07 - Our first ever touch!

11/27/07 - Touched on website

11/28/07 - NOA2!!!!!!!!

I-129f was approved in 160 days from your filing date.

12/21/07 - Received at NVC and assigned case number!

12/27/07 - Case forwarded to USEM

01/04/07 - Case received by USEM

02/25/08 - Scheduled St. Luke's Medical Appointment 7:00 AM

03/03/08 - Interview at USEM APPROVED

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
same thing happened to us. (4 cards!) I sent her the money through xoom.com and she went to purchase it for me :)

how much did the tickets cost from cebu to manila ? and I assume its round trip ?

Actually I got the 2nd leg of my flight from the states with cebupacific. Hongkong to Cebu round trip. However we also got round trip tickets from cebu to Manila already from PAL, and it costs 6,836 PHP for both of us, for the early fare (5 AM much cheaper though) Edited by niceguy26

Mid-June filer, Mid-July NOA1 :(...

6/21/07 - I-129F Sent : transferred to CSC at some point...

7/12/07 - Received date as shown on NOA1 Hardcopy

7/18/07 - NOA1

7/21/07 - Check FINALLY Cashed!!!

7/24/07 - Finally got receipt number off the back of cancelled check!

11/23/07 - Our first ever touch!

11/27/07 - Touched on website

11/28/07 - NOA2!!!!!!!!

I-129f was approved in 160 days from your filing date.

12/21/07 - Received at NVC and assigned case number!

12/27/07 - Case forwarded to USEM

01/04/07 - Case received by USEM

02/25/08 - Scheduled St. Luke's Medical Appointment 7:00 AM

03/03/08 - Interview at USEM APPROVED

You would probably do better to just give your fiancee the money and let her buy the tickets. There was some sort of sale on (not sure if it still is) where tickets were a few pesos. Claudeth bought her ticket for flying to the US and saved us about $150 and I would be willing to bet the Cebu Pacific ticket would cost less if she bought it.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline

Cebu Pacific has a network problem lately. Just last week, their network was down and it affected Cebu Pacific ticketing offices nation wide. I was in Manila for my medical and I tried to have my flight rescheduled but was unable to do that coz their network was down.

I always book online using my credit card and never had any problem about it. Could be that you were not able to book online because of their network problem lately.

THE K-1 PROCESS

June 14, 2007: Sent I-129F to Texas Service Center (but case was transferred to CSC)

June 27, 2007: Receipt Notice Date

October 29, 2007: Petition is APPROVED! :-)

December 10, 2007: Case received at NVC

December 12, 2007: Case is forwarded to US Embassy!

January 2, 2008: Pay Delbros for Document Verification

January 8, 2008: CFO Seminar

January 23-24, 2008: Early Medical (Original Sched is Feb. 1, 2008)

February 8, 2008: Interview Date (6:30AM)

February 15, 2008: Received Visa :-)

February 27, 2008: Fly to USA... POE: JFK - New York... :-)

March 14, 2008: Applied for SSN

April 18, 2008: Wedding Day :-)

THE AOS PROCESS

May 13, 2008: Sent AOS docs to USCIS including EAD and AP

May 15, 2008: Package was delivered!

May 21, 2008: Check was cashed!

May 20, 2008: Notice Date for AOS, EAD, & AP

May 24, 2008: Received All 3 NOA's in the mail

May 26, 2008: All 3 cases available online (at National Benefit Center or MSC)

June 12, 2008: Biometric Appointment (USCIS Raleigh - Durham, NC)

June 12, 2008: AOS and EAD touched!

July 19, 2008: AP Approved! Approval is sent!

July 22, 2008: Approval status available online!

July 26, 2008: AP received in the mail!

July 28, 2008: EAD card received in the mail! (With July 19 approval date)

Jan. 13, 2009: Interview Date at USCIS - Raleigh/Durham

APPROVED!!!!

Timeline

we got purchase our tiket going to manila on feb 17 for early medical we booked and buy at PAL for round trip we paid only 2970, pal tel at cebu 3400191 and cebu pacific is 230888 at cebu reservation numbers its good to buy one month ahead of time they offer discounts, cebu pacific is cheaper than pal less 200 pesos cebu pacifi air had system problem last week...

I believe part of the problem is that both PAL and Cebu Pacific use a security system called Mastercard Securecode and Verfied by Visa. If your credit card issuer doesn't participate in these programs, their systems will not process your transactions. I have bought tickets before on both PAL and Cebu Pacific, but when I recently tried I could not with any of my credit cards. I checked into it and found that none of my cards had these security features. In fact, it seems the Verified by Visa is only available in Asia so the American credit Visa cards can't get it from what I could find.

I have had success in the past with my Mastercard debit card in buying tickets before even when my credit cards would not go through, but I haven't done it in a year, so not sure if that is still the case. You might try a debit card if you have one and have the cash. Otherwise, you can send the money there and they can buy it local. If cash is short, Xoom.com will accept a credit card, but the fees are a bit high compared to cash transactions.

I need to buy some tickets this next week or so for my step-daughter to go to Manila for her K-2 medical and interview and I will be trying to use my debit card, so I will let you know if it works. If anyone else tries, or has recently tried it with a debit card, let us know.

Hope this helps!

Scott

Removing Conditions on Wife's GC

08/14/09-Mailed Packet to CSC

08/24/09-Packet Received at CSC

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-NOA 1 Received (My Error)

09/16/09-Biometrics

10/20/09-Interview PASSED!!!!

10/28/09-Approval Notice Received via US Mail

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/14/09 - Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

07/16/09 - Received AOS Packet in Chicago

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

08/10/09 - Biometrics ---DONE!!!---

09/16/09 - Interview Date AOS Held Pending Outcome of Wife's I-751

10/20/09 - Mir Passes ROC Interview

10/23/09 - Email received-Card Production Ordered!Woohooo!!!

I believe part of the problem is that both PAL and Cebu Pacific use a security system called Mastercard Securecode and Verfied by Visa. If your credit card issuer doesn't participate in these programs, their systems will not process your transactions. I have bought tickets before on both PAL and Cebu Pacific, but when I recently tried I could not with any of my credit cards. I checked into it and found that none of my cards had these security features. In fact, it seems the Verified by Visa is only available in Asia so the American credit Visa cards can't get it from what I could find.

I have had success in the past with my Mastercard debit card in buying tickets before even when my credit cards would not go through, but I haven't done it in a year, so not sure if that is still the case. You might try a debit card if you have one and have the cash. Otherwise, you can send the money there and they can buy it local. If cash is short, Xoom.com will accept a credit card, but the fees are a bit high compared to cash transactions.

I need to buy some tickets this next week or so for my step-daughter to go to Manila for her K-2 medical and interview and I will be trying to use my debit card, so I will let you know if it works. If anyone else tries, or has recently tried it with a debit card, let us know.

Hope this helps!

Scott

I just registered my cards and still had no effect....bummer LOL

Removing Conditions

11/29/09 - I-751 Sent

11/30/09 - I-751 Received

12/01/11 - NOA

08/24/12 - Approved, no interview, card ordered

AOS/EAD/AP

06/11/09 - AOS/EAD/AP Sent

12/29/09 - AOS Approved, no interview, card ordered

01/04/10 - LPR card received

-------

Please update your time-line, it benefits us all.

Timeline

Cebu pacific site is not working online lately..Problems with booking online. I cannot book a flight online as well, I had to go to their booking office. Will be best to just have your fiancee do it.. will be cheaper too.

I just tried to purchase tickets online and their site said it could not process my order try another card. It did this for all 3 of my credit cards.

I am trying to purchase tickets for Charry and her friend Joy so they can goto Manila for the interview next month.

I tried calling their phone number but got stuck in an endless loop of music and adverts waiting for someone to answer.

Does anyone know if they are open 24/7? Because there is no time listed on the site and the phone didnt say there was noone there to answer.

Marc

------- @>-@>-@>--------

AOS

Jul 23, 2008 ---> Mailed AOS, EAD and AP package

July 27, 2008 ---> check cleared

Jul 29, 2008 ---> NOA Date

Aug 2, 2008 ---> received confirmation mail for AOS, EAD and AP

Aug 9, 2008 ---> received biometrics appointment letter

Aug 21, 2008 ---> BIOMETRICS schedule at 3 pm

Aug 12, 2008 ---> took Biometrics in advance as a walk in

Aug 12, 2008 ---> touched

Aug 18, 2008 ---> I-485 notice of transfer to CSC

Sept 23, 2008 ---> touched

Nov 18, 2008 ---> GC RECEIVED!!!

EAD

Sept 30, 2008 ---> Card production ordered <expect to receive within 30 days>

Oct 11, 2008 ---> EAD received

AP

Sept 30, 2008 ---> AP approved <NOA mailed>

Oct 10, 2008 ---> AP received

ROC

Oct 11, 2010 ---> Mailed ROC packet

Oct 12, 2010 ---> Signed for and received by destination

Oct 14, 2010 ---> Money order cashed

Oct 18, 2010 ---> NOA1 received in mail

Nov 15, 2010 ---> Biometrics and fingerprinting appointment

Jan 28, 2011 ---> ROC approved

Jan 31, 2011 ---> Card mailed out

Feb 2, 2011 ---> Card received in the mail.

Timeline

Hope this helps!

Scott

I just registered my cards and still had no effect....bummer LOL

I was a member of both these programs long before I attempted to purchase online.

As for the network outage. I know about that as well. Charry went to Cebu Pac to purchase tickets for herself and her friend and was told to come back later as the system is down and they could not process. The next day they ran out to paper to print the tickets on LOL

Timeline

Marc

I had the same problem. A called my credit card company, they looked at the bounced charge, told me it bounced because of the foreign company, and authorized the next one which worked fine.

Apparently there is a lot of fraud from the country that handles Cebu's credit card transactions, so their fraud filters are tighter than your nutbag when you're swimming on a cold winter day. :lol:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Marc

I had the same problem. A called my credit card company, they looked at the bounced charge, told me it bounced because of the foreign company, and authorized the next one which worked fine.

Apparently there is a lot of fraud from the country that handles Cebu's credit card transactions, so their fraud filters are tighter than your nutbag when you're swimming on a cold winter day. :lol:

You must clear the transaction with your Credit Card company like stated above. Its for security reasons to protect you.

This happened to me also, I then called my Credit Card company told them I would be buying a ticket online with Cebu Pacific.......

what do you know....I was then able to make the purchase. This was last May.

Make sure that you call your Credit Card company before you leave and tell them how long you will be over seas, that way you wont have a problem paying for your hotel and whatever while you are there.

Hope this helps

Edited by runs4fun

NOA2 - November 20 , 2007 (11/20/07)

Interview in MNL - March 4 , 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.