bamcrute

US Fiance in Military

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey Guys!

My fiance and I were supposed to get married this previous December, but because he was transferring from his unit in Okinawa, to a new Unit in San Diego, Neither units wanted to give permission for him to marry a non us citizen until he'd arrived to the next unit.

So instead we went ahead with the ceremony, but only signed commitment certificates.

Now that he's about to get to San Diego, we are just wanting to be together, and live together for the period that he's still in the Marines. He's getting out next March 09, So i only need to be living in the states for about 18 months (if that). But i want to be able to work. We will get married too (because my intention is not to immigrate to the states, but just be with my future husband for the time that he is posted there).

At this stage i am looking at getting a B2 visa, so that i can be there with him, but that excludes me from being able to work.

Does anyone have any suggestions or has been through a similar situation?

We are getting anxious because we know that petitions should be sent in ASAP.

But like i said, i am not looking to immigrate. Just live with him whilst he's being posted there.

Timeline:

May-20-2008: Mailed AOS package via Overnight Express UPS

May-30-2008: Recieved NOA recieve date May 21st I-485, I-765, I-130, I-131

ArtBam-2-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey Bamcrute!

Its Carolyn here, Good to see you are using the forum. Is your man planning to move to australia after the marine corp? is so, there is no real point applying for any of the K visa and you should start looking at him immigrating to oz. There is no real visa other than the K visa that allows you to work ( well K1 you have to apply once you are here) or you are sponsored by a company. I have a cousin who works for Allianz Sydney and did a "trial" in NY office for 1 week and if they like him they will sponsor for 6mths. some other work places have 3mths work also.

so you are ina bit of a bind cos you can come here tomorrow on the 3mth visa waiver program where you dont have to wait around and be here in a heart beat. but no work. or apply for b1/b2 and wait for visa to be apporved then arrive but no work for the whole time you are in USA! they dont make it easy! I had a trip inbetween where i stayed for 3mths before applied for k1 and it was great cos my boss allowed me that time off and return to work after the 3mths! he also flew to our wedding here in the states!

You will need to discuss with your man, your plans. If you are not intending to immigrate here there is no other visa suited other than NON work ones. which is a pain.

good luck with your decision making gal

:thumbs:

8th of May 06- K1 Visa Approved - phew

12th of June 06- Arrived in USA san fran- yeaaaaah!

1st of July 06- moved to tampa florida

15th of July 06- Applied for SSN

2nd of August 06- SSN arrives in mail!! woohoo

2nd of September 06- Max and I are married at Holy trinity Catholic church, el dorado California!!!

10th of October 06- package sent off

15th of November 06- Case trasnfered to Cali

21st of November 06- biometrics

8th of January 2007- AP approved

16th of January 07 - EAD approved

29th of July 07- OMIGAWD the welcome email- GC approved with no interview!!!

8th of August 07- GC in possession

1st of May 09- Submitted I 751 package

6th of June 09- received Biometrics letter for 30th of June 09 for Yuma AZ office

24th of June 09- Walked in for Biometrics.. they took me :-)

16th of July 09- received my congratulations letter!!!

21st of July 09- Had my 10 GC in my hands!!!

SO BLESSSED!

wedding pics www.freewebs.com/maxandcarolynwedding

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

28th of April 10- sent off N400 Package

7th of May 2010- NOA rec'd

1st of June 2010- NOA Biometrics rec'd

10th of June2010- Finger print appointment

2nd of June 2010 - Walked in and done my fingerprints early :-)

15th of July- interview notice 12th of August(laywer arranges early interview)

19th of July- interview- PASSED

23rd of July- OATH CEREMONY!!!! YAY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.