dakotan

About To File In Frankfurt. Please Help!

2 posts in this topic

Hello Everybody,

after several months (ok, actually over a year) of procrastinating, we are now finally going to file the I-130 at the consulate in Frankfurt. We are going to file in person since we live in Frankfurt anyway, so mailing it would just cause unnecessary delays, right?

I must admit that after assembling all these documents, I am somewhat (ok, VERY) paranoid about forgetting something or making any terible mistakes. Could you please look at the list below and let me know if I am missing anything?

Also, I have a question regarding the G325s. At the bottom it reads "... print your name...". I have filled out all the forms on the computer and printed them. It only later ocurred to me that maybe they want the name to be in handwriting. What do you think?

We have obtained several originals of the marriage and birth certificates for my husband, so we can afford to file originals with all forms. We have also made copies of our entire passports, not just the biographic pages, just to be sure.

I am obviously the wife filing for my husband aka the beneficiary. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much for your help!

dakotan (North Dakotan, that is)

OK, here's the list for the I-130:

I130

One Photo Husband (Passport style as defined by the State Department)

One Photo Wife (Passport style as defined by the State Department)

Birth Certificate Husband (Original)

Copy of Birth Registration Card Wife

Copy Of Passport Husband

Copy Of Passport Wife

Marriage Certificate (Original)

G325A Husband (all 4 pages)

G325A Wife (all 4 pages)

Evidence:

Meldebescheinigung

Joint checking and money market account statements

Several letters from friends and relatives addressed to both of us together

For the Visa Application we'll bring these documents

DS-230

Attached sheet with previous stays (way too many for the space on the form)

Birth Certificate Husband (Original)

Marriage Certificate (Original)

Copy Of Passport Husband

Police Certificate Husband

We are also going to bring the Affidavit of Support, alsthough it probably won't be required just yet, or will it?

I-864

Copy of last tax return

Copy of recent bank statements

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

I wouldn't send them originals of anything. You won't get them back and you will need them for the interview. We just sent copies of everything.

The only thing I see missing is the fee and I believe it is two pics per person, but I could be wrong. Back last March I did this.

You don't need the I-864 until you receive Packet 3 from the Embassy.

There is a thread in this forum called DCF Germany. You should find more info there.

Edited by Wacken

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.