kimmbo

Poutine, MTL Smoked Meat, and any other Montreal tips

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

thank you all so much for answering my silly questions..LOL...I think were as ready as were gonna be...I literally check my forms...sit down and then get back up to go over my checklist again, and then go back to re-check my forms..Ive been up for 3 hours this morning and think Ive gone over everything about 10 times already...LOL

heres what we have, if anyone sees anything missing please let me know... also taking a few extra things..just in case, like a new DS-230 part 1...hubbys mom has passed away since last one was sent..so made that correction from her address to "deceased"...heres my list:

Interview Letter.. $131 USD Cash.. My Passport.... Hubby's Passport.... XPressPost Envelope (addressed to hubby, tracking number written down)... Sealed Medical Envelope... Chest X-Ray...passport photos (2)... Copy of I-129F Petition...

Copy of I-130 Petition... Original & 1 copy of I-129F NOA1, I-129F NOA2, I-130 NOA1, I-130 NOA2... 1 copy of Signed Checklist... 2 copies of DS-230 Part 1 (with revisions, not signed or dated)... 2 Copies of DS-156... My I-134, Bank letter, employer letter, bank statements, latest tax form (2 copies of each)... Joint sponsor's notorized I-134 (Bank letter, employer letter, check stubs, IRS transcript for 3 years, birth certificate 2 copies of each)... Original & 2 copies of hubbys Long-Form Birth Certificate...Original and 2 copies of my birth certificate...Original & 2 copies of Marriage Certificate... Original & 2 copies of Divorce Certificate... Original & 2 copies of RCMP Certificate...Hubby's resume (1 copy)...confirmed hotel reservations...GPS!

did not get my I-134 notorized because I am in Canada and the instructions say "If you are OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES, the affadvit must be sworn to or NOTICE affirmed before a US consular or Immigration officer"

so Im ASSuming that I can do that at the Consulate

thanks again everyone!

Kimmbo (Las Vegas,NV,USA)

Barry (Brampton,ON,CANADA)

Im an American married to a Canadian, I have no kids, yet Im a grandmother, I can pick things up off the floor with my toes

I-130

----------------

Feb/26/07 Sent I-130 (VSC)($190 US)

March/2/07 Rcv'd at VSC

March/5/07 NOA-1

July/23/07 NOA2(147 days)

I-129F

--------------

March/16/07 Sent I-129F (Chicago) ($170 US)

March/21/07 Received in Chicago

March/22/07 NOA-1

April/10/07 Transferred to VSC

April/23/07 Email from USCIS (case pending at VSC)

July/23/07 NOA2(129 days)

July/28/07 Rcv'd at NVC

July/31/07 NVC sent to Montreal

Aug/3/07 Montreal Rcv'd

Aug/8/07 Packet 3 Received

Aug/10/07 Packet 3 Sent

Aug/13/07 Packet 3 Received in Montreal

Oct/17/07 Medical Scheduled (Dr Seiden)

Jan/25/08 INTERVIEW MONTREAL...APPROVED!

Feb/6/08 Montreal sends Visa, finally!

Feb/8/08 Received Visa (14 days)

April/18/08 Moving Day/POE Sarnia

AOS/EAD

--------------

June/21/08 AOS/EAD package sent ($1010)

June/23/08 Received in Chicago

June/30/08 Check cashed

July/01/08 Received NOA's for I-765 & I-485 (dated June 27th)

July/02/08 Touch

July/07/08 Received Biometrics letter (dated July 1st)

July/18/08 Biometrics appt 8am

Aug/30/08 EAD card received (approval dated Aug 26th)

Sept/04/08 Applied for SSN

Sept/15/08 Social Security card received

Jan/23/09 letter received with interview date

March/10/09 INTERVIEW 9:30am...APPROVED!!

March/19/09 Welcome Letter received

March/23/09 GREENCARD RECEIVED, DONE WITH USCIS UNTIL 2019!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.