delbertjohnson

Need Strong Advice on directions to take with USEM

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

we were interviewed at the USEM on January 9th. On this day, we had a nice pre-screener at window 23. During the pre-screening, the fire alarm went off and this part of the embassy was evacuated. Upon returning in the building, we went back to window 23 where the pre-screener finished gathering what documents he wanted (NBI,photos, letters) but didn't gather the 134A (affidivit of Support or cenomar of my fiancee). I didn't find this out until until the following week from my finacee told me that she believed they didn't have a copy of the 134A. The consulate does have a copy of an old cenomar that I provide in the case from the onset of the filing. Upon returning to our seats to be called into the interview, this is what occurred and the following result that is troubling to both me and my fiancee. Once with the interviewer, he asked her name in which she replied. Then he asked me my name, my occupation, about my divorces and my children in which I willfully answered all of his questions honestly. He continued to review the documents that were in our case file along with documents gathered by the pre-screener. At this time, he told us to go out to the waiting area and to wait for her name to be called. He did not indicate that there was a problem or a reason for denial. We went back to our seats and then we were called to window 37. The lady at this window had the pink slip ready for the delbros payment when I told her that we would like to request to pick up the visa at the embassy due to DHLhaving problems finding my fiancee's house to deliver packet 4 which was mailed on Dec 17 but was not received until Jan 4th. The lady then stated that she would have to give the letter of request to the officer and that we would be called back to the window with the officer's decision. Upon being called back to window 37, my fiancee was given a purple appointment card and was told the we would be contacted. This was Wednesday, Jan. 9th. On Monday, we called the embassy to inquire about the process of the printing and receiving the visa and the lady, (Grace- USEM) stated that the officer was having the documents reviewed via Delbros and NSO. I stated to Ms. Grace that my fiancee had paid for the delbros fee back on Dec. 11 and that the lady at window 37 was given the receipt of the payment. Ms. Grace stated that the verification could take up to 1 month and that to contact the USEM periodically. At this time, I was very upset due to the fact that I had booked her departing flight with mine leaving Manila on the night of Jan. 17th. We called the embassy several times before I left Thursday night along with my fiancee calling Delbros International to verify that they had received the payment for verification. The lady at Delbros said that she had seen her documents and that they were back en route to the embassy. As of Friday, the 18th of Jan. when my fiancee called the embassy in which she talked to Sophia (who is very rude and straight forward (stated to fiancee that the case is still not approved). This was very disheartening to my fiancee and myself as there was no indication from the consulate officer nor anyone that we were in contact with during the day of our interview that we were not approved. What is the problem here? Do we need to tell them that we believe they forgot to get a copy of the 134A and the updated Cenomar? I plan on calling the embassy tonight (Sunday- Monday- Manila) and get to the root of the problem. My fiancee doesn't want me to mention to them about the 134A cause she is afraid of another delay. I told her that I would request another appointment ASAP so that these missing documents that should have been taken or asked for during the interview process could be presented. It is not my fiancee's or my fault that they didn't ask for them nor find them in our very organized paperwork and supporting documents of our long standing commentment to one another. If anyone could give us some strong, concerning advice on what direction to take, please reply as soon as possible. She is so depressed,scared and discouraged as I am not there in body to support her.

Your advice is greatly needed ASAP.

Thanks!

Jim and Mercy

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i remember when I received such purple card, the specified date for visa pick-up was followed accordingly.

now in your case, i suggest you(petitioner) call the embassy & inform them that your fiancee was informed by this Ms. SOphie that the application is still not APPROVED. how come? they already gave you a slip of visa pick-up which is A VERY indirect message that the interview process went through properly.

tHen if they told you(petitioner) that there are some document missing, then ask them what are those? (as much as possible let them explain what are things keeping you on hold, its a lot better instead of telling them - "AH DURING MY FIANCEE INTERVIEW WE WEREN'T ASK WITH THESE PAPERS BLAH BLAH BLAH & ITS NOT OUR FAULT...")

Then, tried to arrange for document submission immediately as travel arrangement has already been made..

i knew previous applicants who went through the same situation & resolved it by coordinating properly with USE for immediate documents submission.

the way i see it from your story..theres no other reason keeping you onhold but those unsubmitted documents..

just a thought..& i hope this enlighten you in some ways...

goodluck!

Dong & Dang

12/28/2007.....Sent Packet for AOS application

12/29/2007.....USCIS Chicago received our AOS Packet

01/22/2008.....Date of two NOA1 (I-797C) for I-765-EAD & I-131-Application for Travel Document

[Received in mail last 01/26/07]

01/24/2008.....USCIS Chicago encashed our checks

01/28/2008.....Received NOA1 for I-485 though notice, dated 01/22/2008

01/30/2008.....Received Biometrics schedule, Notice date 01/25/2008

02/15/2008.....Biometrics Schedule

02/20/2008.....Confirmation of receipt of RFE (source:USCIS case online update)

02/21/2008.....touched

03/03/2008.....Issued I-512L, Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States

03/06/2008.....Issued EAD Card (Employment Authorization)

04/23/2008.....Received Interview Schedule

06/11/2008.....Interview Schedule - Phoenix, AZ

06/14/2008.....Received Notice for the Approval of AOS Application

06/16/2008.....Received Green Card.

www.annie-thejourney.com

www.unforgettable-weddings.com

www.gorgeous-mommy.com

www.churvah.com

i remember when I received such purple card, the specified date for visa pick-up was followed accordingly.

now in your case, i suggest you(petitioner) call the embassy & inform them that your fiancee was informed by this Ms. SOphie that the application is still not APPROVED. how come? they already gave you a slip of visa pick-up which is A VERY indirect message that the interview process went through properly.

tHen if they told you(petitioner) that there are some document missing, then ask them what are those? (as much as possible let them explain what are things keeping you on hold, its a lot better instead of telling them - "AH DURING MY FIANCEE INTERVIEW WE WEREN'T ASK WITH THESE PAPERS BLAH BLAH BLAH & ITS NOT OUR FAULT...")

Then, tried to arrange for document submission immediately as travel arrangement has already been made..

i knew previous applicants who went through the same situation & resolved it by coordinating properly with USE for immediate documents submission.

the way i see it from your story..theres no other reason keeping you onhold but those unsubmitted documents..

goodluck!

I thought it was clearly instructed not to make travel arrangement? :unsure:

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

Timeline

--------------------------------------

I thought it was clearly instructed not to make travel arrangement? :unsure:

its a usual manner that when the applicants received purple slip, the next thing that they usually do is to purchase tickets (travel arrangement)..sometimes or i would say most of the time, applicants/petitioners can't hold excitement after interview procedure so tendency is that they made prior travel arrangement even visa is still not on-hand yet..there's no harm on this as long as the couple is aware of possible circumstances that may take..like in this situation.

so in this situation..the only way or the best way is to coordinate properly with USEmbassy for immediate documents submission, since they already made prior travel arrangement. For me its a common sense, that USE understand applicant's setting her travel arrangement since she was already given a purple slip which means an approval in visa pick-up.

just a suggestion..from what i remember on previous applicants who have the same cases before..

Dong & Dang

01/22/2008.....Date of two NOA1 (I-797C) for I-765-EAD & I-131-Application for Travel Document

02/21/2008.....touched

03/03/2008.....Issued I-512L, Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States

www.annie-thejourney.com

www.gorgeous-mommy.com

www.churvah.com

But I wouldn't risk it without the Visa in hand...

I can already imagine I have to adjust 3 flights.. Me, my wife and my daughter..

$50 per each re-schedule..

That's just me though..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

Timeline
But I wouldn't risk it without the Visa in hand...

I can already imagine I have to adjust 3 flights.. Me, my wife and my daughter..

$50 per each re-schedule..

That's just me though..

right..you have point there...but like what ive said..sometimes./most of the times excitement tends to drive people in making decision even though it incorporates risk....

in our case..maybe the CO saw that wedding plan was properly arranged ..i clearly stated it in my letter attached with the booking of wedding details..

itinerary & e-tickets were attached in the letter too..

though we were prepared before..if it(visa pick-up request) will be denied & 21 days are not enough..we are willing to re-sched our flight, anyway my brother is flight attendant ..got discounts :blush::blush:

Dong & Dang

02/21/2008.....touched

www.annie-thejourney.com

www.gorgeous-mommy.com

www.churvah.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks Dong,

Your information on the subject gives me and my Mercy encouragement. We will call the embassy on Monday night (US time) as the embassy is closed in observance of MLK Day.

Thanks Again,,

Jim and Mercy

Timeline
Thanks Dong,

Your information on the subject gives me and my Mercy encouragement. We will call the embassy on Monday night (US time) as the embassy is closed in observance of MLK Day.

Thanks Again,,

Jim and Mercy

no problem..good that you got my point..just tell them that you made travel arrangement since your fiancee was given the purple slip, which you understand as approved interview & visa pick-up ..i dont think USE will not take a look on this issue, considering they issued you slip for visa pick-up & yet they're claiming, interview was unapproved?! i mean, thats a very strange situation...

Dong & Dang

02/21/2008.....touched

www.annie-thejourney.com

www.gorgeous-mommy.com

www.churvah.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.