Seattle2Cebu

how long does it take to get a passport in P.I.

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Anybody know how long it takes for a person in the philippines to get their passport??

Hello they have 3 days 750peso and 5 days 500peso.

REMOVAL OF CONDITION

November 27, 2009 - Mailed Packet to California

December 02 , 2009 - Recieved packet at 1Pm

December 07 , 2009 - Check Cashed

December 12, 2009 - Recieved my 1 Year extension

December 21,2009 - Recieved my Biometric appointment

January 11 , 2010 - Biometric @ 2pm

Anybody know how long it takes for a person in the philippines to get their passport??

I recently applied for passport renewal for myself and applied also for my 2 kids (both 1st time passport applicants) @ Davao City DFA office

processing time has changed:

500 pesos is for 25 working days (in our case it is even 26 days coz we filed january 14 and releasing date is february 19, we're not in a hurry though, so it is ok :blush: ) and this is for 32 pages, not the 44pages that is stated on the DFA website

750pesos for 14 working days

and 1000+ pesos something for the expedited processing, i forgot the exact amount nor the exact processing days for this one

but then again maybe this is just the case in Davao. To be sure, just let your fiancee call the DFA office in her area. The Philippine DFA website doesn't offer a comprehensive guide on rate and processing time:(

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

I recently applied for passport renewal for myself and applied also for my 2 kids (both 1st time passport applicants) @ Davao City DFA office

processing time has changed:

500 pesos is for 25 working days (in our case it is even 26 days coz we filed january 14 and releasing date is february 19, we're not in a hurry though, so it is ok :blush: ) and this is for 32 pages, not the 44pages that is stated on the DFA website

750pesos for 14 working days

and 1000+ pesos something for the expedited processing, i forgot the exact amount nor the exact processing days for this one

but then again maybe this is just the case in Davao. To be sure, just let your fiancee call the DFA office in her area. The Philippine DFA website doesn't offer a comprehensive guide on rate and processing time:(

my wife is from Davao. guess it's slowed down since she got her's back in '06.

regional offices... http://www.dfa.gov.ph/consular/rco2.htm

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The above stetement is applicable for passport renewal only.

This is for the New passport applications:

(14 working Days) = P 500.00 - 44 pages

(7 working days) = P 750.00

It will cost you from 1000 - 1500 if you use the service of a travel agency

for requirements and more info: http://www.dfa.gov.ph/consular/passport-eng.htm

Note: These time frame are based on Metro Manila Are, processing times on regional areas are longer.

Edited by spidergirl

hi again, this link might help

the article is about dfa cebu passport processing, i guess davao dfa and cebu dfa is on the same boat on passport fees and processing then.. at any rate, I suggest your fiancee should apply for passport the earliest possible time.

application form can be downloaded at the dfa website

ROC

N-400

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

hi again, this link might help

good link :thumbs: the switch to machine readable passport why takes longer now.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

The above stetement is applicable for passport renewal only.

This is for the New passport applications:

(14 working Days) = P 500.00 - 44 pages

(7 working days) = P 750.00

It will cost you from 1000 - 1500 if you use the service of a travel agency

for requirements and more info: http://www.dfa.gov.ph/consular/passport-eng.htm

Note: These time frame are based on Metro Manila Are, processing times on regional areas are longer.

passport renewal and first time passport application fees are the same. I just applied for my passport renewal and also filed 2 1st time passport application for my daughter and my son just Monday, last week.

but you are correct there. processing time in regional areas are really longer coz they still have to send it to manila for printing.. that's due to the newly implemented machine readable passport system and the surge in the number of applicants.

" Applicants who apply for regular processing can get their passports after 25 working days while those who apply for expedited processing can get their passports after 15 working days. Once the flow has normalized, the processing time will be reduced accordingly."

I also saw 1,250 or 1,500 (just check this part out at DFA office) something written as the 3rd payment option there at the DFA office itself for super expedited passport release.. 3 or 7 days under the new system.. (again, check with your regional DFA office for the accurate number of days)

Under the new machine readable passport system, everybody, whether those renewing or first time applicants have to be there coz there are tons of finger printing done... if you get a travel agent, the only thing they can do is wait in line on your behalf. (at least you wont have to wake up very very very early)

ROC

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.