NCBABE

US married Australia

43 posts in this topic

Hello, My name is Trish, I married Mick an Aussie. And would like any help on how to get my husband back in the U.S. We want to go the D.C.F route. We got married on March 30th 2006.We are now starting the Journey. I hope all goes fast for us. I need my Hubby back home to me ASAP. Any help will do us well. If anyone has any help on how to get started. Please feel free to do so.

Thanks Mick928 & NCBAB

Hello, My name is Trish, I married Mick an Aussie. And would like any help on how to get my husband back in the U.S. We want to go the D.C.F route. We got married on March 30th 2006.We are now starting the Journey. I hope all goes fast for us. I need my Hubby back home to me ASAP. Any help will do us well. If anyone has any help on how to get started. Please feel free to do so.

Thanks Mick928 & NCBAB

Hi all, another update here we have got most of the forms done now. we have lodged the DS-230 parts 1 and 2 and was wondering does anyone know how long we'll have to wait for a case number. As soon as we have a case number we can lodge the application of readyness or do the walk in thursday deal. Any help on the waiting time would be appreciated thankyou

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure exactly what you've done so far as you jumped from getting a email reply from the Consulate in April saying they were mailing the forms to your hubby to having filed the DS230 and being ready to file the DS2001. Are you in Australia now? Have you already filed the I-130 and had it approved?

If you have already filed your I-130 and had it approved as well as the DS230 and you have all your other forms and documents ready, why don't you email the Consulate and ask about your case number? I do know they answer email about Immigrant visas. Email is: sydneyiv@state.gov

8-12-2004 I moved to New Zealand(married my Kiwi in US 5/04)

1-12-2006 Received initial packet - It has I-130, I-864 & DS-230 Part 1, DS-2001 & tons of instructions.

Gathering paperwork that we don't have:

5-30-2006 - I-130 FILED AND ACCEPTED BY AUCKLAND CONSULATE!- INTERVIEW: 6/13/2006

6-13-2006 - APPROVED!usaCa.gifnew_zeaC3.gif

6-14-2006 - VISA IN HAND D_SMIL112.gif

08-05-2006 -WE ARE HOME IN THE USA!!! flag12.gif

THREE HAPPY YEARS LATER:

5-10-09 - N-400 filed

8-24-09 - Interview

9-14-09 - Naturalization Oath Ceremony

Hello people

Well here's what we done We have got most of the doc's together just waiting on Mick's federal police check to come back really. We are going to do the walkin Thursday deal. I am going to fly to Aussie from the U.S. and and lodge my I-130 and supporting doc's in person. We sent in Mick's 230 parts 1 and 2 to get ourselves a case number. The way we are understanding the process is, we can just go in on any Thursday and get the whole thing done in 1 day. 1 time trip to the Consulate and after approval they'll post out a Visa. There is no second interview or Mick doesnt need a separate interview does he ?

Are we doing anything wrong ? Please help if we are.

Any help would be very much appreciated

THANKYOU

Trish and Mick

The way things are done in Australia has changed and they no longer do one day walk-ins where you can get everything done right then. Please read the new instructions that are posted on Sydney's webside here:

http://sydney.usconsulate.gov/consular/Pet...nstructions.pdf

Also a lot of conversation about the changes here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry243646

According to the new instructions, there are new specific instructions depending on where in Oz your hubby lives. You can only do a Thursday walk-in at the Sydney Consulate if your hubby lives in New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Queensland areas and that is only to file the I-130. If he lives elsewhere, you would have to follow the instructions for the area that would have jurisdiction over him. Have you received anything from them since you sent in the DS230? You might want to email them and see what they will let you do now since you have already sent in his DS230.

Good luck :thumbs:

Edited by sadie33138

1-12-2006 Received initial packet - It has I-130, I-864 & DS-230 Part 1, DS-2001 & tons of instructions.

5-30-2006 - I-130 FILED AND ACCEPTED BY AUCKLAND CONSULATE!- INTERVIEW: 6/13/2006

THREE HAPPY YEARS LATER:

5-10-09 - N-400 filed

8-24-09 - Interview

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

There are a few people doing the NEW DCF and I am sure they can help you...HAmster, David A....not sure who else but I think once one or two ppl makes it through these new "Rules" it will be crystal clear again :)

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Hello all again. I just emailed the DCF. I wanted to find out for us.If our papers we have already got sent to us and filled out.We sent the ones back we were asked to.If they are going to let us got through the process the old way. Seeings we are caught in the middle of this change over.We started our process back in April.I will let you all know what they say.When I get the email back. They say it can take up to five days to get back with me. Wish me all the luck that they let us do it the old way.(We get everything done in one day)

Hello people

Well we got a reply to our email, They gave us a case number and told us to lodge the DS-2001 immediately with a note saying when I'll be in Aussie, what Thursday date i'm lodging the form and they'll try schedule his interview on the next day Friday.

So its all going good, we do have a question about Federal police checks though. Mick had the national police check done with fingerprints and we got it back. We still hav'nt got the Feds one back and we was wondering do we really need it ? If we dont need it we can lodge the DS-2001 Any help here would be most welcome.

Thankyou Trish and Mick

Hello people

Well we got a reply to our email, They gave us a case number and told us to lodge the DS-2001 immediately with a note saying when I'll be in Aussie, what Thursday date i'm lodging the form and they'll try schedule his interview on the next day Friday.

So its all going good, we do have a question about Federal police checks though. Mick had the national police check done with fingerprints and we got it back. We still hav'nt got the Feds one back and we was wondering do we really need it ? If we dont need it we can lodge the DS-2001 Any help here would be most welcome.

Thankyou Trish and Mick

Trish, take a look here:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/C...A/Australia.htm

It explains Police Certificates in Australia. If I'm reading it correctly, looks like you only have to get a Federal one if you live in Western Australia, otherwise a National with fingerprints is fine as long as he was born after 1941. :P

THREE HAPPY YEARS LATER:

5-10-09 - N-400 filed

8-24-09 - Interview

Hey all

Thankyou sadie, we read it the same way. we're not waiting for the Feds one Mick lodged the DS-2001 yesterday July 26 with a note saying when I'm coming to Australia and when I plan to lodge the I -130, so hopefully we get a quick reply from them.

Thanks again

Trish and Mick

Hey all

Thankyou sadie, we read it the same way. we're not waiting for the Feds one Mick lodged the DS-2001 yesterday July 26 with a note saying when I'm coming to Australia and when I plan to lodge the I -130, so hopefully we get a quick reply from them.

Thanks again

Trish and Mick

Allright! 0106C7110.gif Keep us posted!

THREE HAPPY YEARS LATER:

5-10-09 - N-400 filed

8-24-09 - Interview

Hey people

Well hubby got his appointment on the 14th Aug and I lodge the I-130 on the 10 Aug so all is good so far. Flying to Aussie on the 5th August. wish us luck

Trish and Mick

Hey Trish! That's awesome news! :thumbs:

We are flying through Sydney on the way to LAX August 5th, maybe I'll see you at the airport :P

THREE HAPPY YEARS LATER:

5-10-09 - N-400 filed

8-24-09 - Interview

Hey people

Well hubby got his appointment on the 14th Aug and I lodge the I-130 on the 10 Aug so all is good so far. Flying to Aussie on the 5th August. wish us luck

Trish and Mick

What time ya flin in i'm gonna be there about 8:36 pm

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.