mrssmith

Newbie with questions on the DCF

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

Just browsing the web for info on emigrating to the Us and came across this site, i'm very glad i did....

So our situation is....

i'm a UK Citizen and Husband is a US citizen, He has been living here will be 2 years in April. We married July 2006.

We have a child together born June 2006 who is duel citizen with a Uk and US passport and i have a daughter from a previous relationship who just has a Uk passport. My husband is currently in the process of adopting my 1st daughter however could still take months....

We are looking to move to the US within the next 9 months before we have to apply for hubbys next visa.

My questions are.

1. Is the whole process doable in 9 months?

2. Once my husband has adopted my daughter is she or can she claim duel nationality and get a USpassport.

3. If adoption takes too long do i need to complete 2 seperate visas ie, 1 for me one for her?

4. The medical, what are they actually looking for? I had a car accident a year ago and seriously injured my leg, broke leg and kneecap due to have anopther op end of the month but still having physio etc. Will this effect my visa application.

5. I have read several times about people using lawyers for the visa, is this essential?

6. How much would a sponser have to earn to beable to sponser us a family of 4?

Sorry for all the questions, just wanted to know if what we are thinking of doing is reasonable before discussing further with family etc.

Any advice help would be greatly appreciated.

Mrssmith :innocent:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

1. Yes. Took us five.

2. Once she is adopted she can claim dual nationality, depending on her age.

3. You would need two visas, although it is one application for both.

4. They are looking for communicable and dangerous diseases, like tuberculosis and HIV. Your accident won't disqualify you.

5. Absolutely not essential; we didn't have one.

6. A sponsor would have to be able to earn 125% of the current poverty guideline - current $25,813. Your foreign-earned income will not be counted.

If you do not have enough assets and do not have US-based income, you will need a joint sponsor. The joint sponsor only need enough income to support their own family plus any immigrants - your husband and second daughter would not be included in the joint sponsor's household number. For example, your husband's USC friend is married and has no dependents. His household size would be himself, his wife, you, and your first daughter. So the joint sponsor would need income of $25,813 USD or more. A joint sponsor can be any USC with US domicile and either enough US-based income or enough assets.

Just wanted to reassure you that a joint sponsor would not need to show support for all four of you plus their own family. :)

If the adoption is not completed before the visa interview day, you would have the further complication of needing permission from the biological father if living.

1. Yes. Took us five.

2. Once she is adopted she can claim dual nationality, depending on her age.

3. You would need two visas, although it is one application for both.

4. They are looking for communicable and dangerous diseases, like tuberculosis and HIV. Your accident won't disqualify you.

5. Absolutely not essential; we didn't have one.

6. A sponsor would have to be able to earn 125% of the current poverty guideline - current $25,813. Your foreign-earned income will not be counted.

Good, succinct answers! :)

Are you sure they only need one I-130? I thought each immigrant, even if a minor, needed their own I-130 filed for them. Or do you mean that when it comes to the visa application, only one DS-230 is needed?

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.