FaustInAK

Please Help: No NAO1 received after 3 months!! Is this normal

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Ok, so I just have had news from my boyfriend. He called the USCIS, but they told him he should wait 1 to 4 week slonger before getting worried. It can now takes longer than 90 days to get the NOA1 apparently.

However, we now know that the check was cashed the 25th of october. Good news, no?! This means everything is processing, right? Or should I still worry until I really get a proof that they are working on my case?? I just don't get why some october fillers have received the NOA1 so quickly, and why it has taken over 3 months for us and they still tell us to be patient. Do you think this means that october fillers who got it earlier have their case much further than mine, even if they filled at the same time??

I am a bit relieved by the cashed check, but I can't help worrying...

Faustine

Faustine,

Try not to worry, if they have cashed your check then you know that they have your case!

USCIS policy is that cases are supposed to be processed in order received but this does not always appear to be what happens, at least not with what people report here. I do not think you should worry about your case being slowed becasue of NOA1...I never got My NOA1 and my case was approved before others that had received the NOA1 within a day or two of their petition being recieved at USCIS...there is not alway rhyme or reason in this process....it is just a waiting game.

Was your fiance able to get your case number off the back of the check? If he did you can check the status of your case online at the USCIS website, there might be a message there that will tell you if/when they posted NOA1.

Definitely call them back in exactly 24 days if you have not received the NOA1 hard copy! Personally, I'd be sure to write down the USCIS operator's name, employee number, time, date, what they told me...keep a log of all calls to USCIS.

While they are on the phone get your case number (if you do not already have it) and have your fiance confirm his entire mailing address with them. I know I said this before but if it is incorrect he MUST fill out a change of address online at the USCIS website, or if the operator does it for him get a confirmation number! This is important because you need to be sure that you receive the NOA2 hard copy.

:time:

I suggest that you fill in your Visa Journey time line as soon as you can, it will give you an approximate date that you can expect to hear from USCIS! The date is based on the data entered by all the other VJ members that are currently waiting for their petitions to be approved, so keep yours updated. You can also find members with similar time lines for comparison and probably also find a thread (or start one) that is for people that filed in same month as yourself, this can be a great source of support, especially as the approvals start rolling in.

I know that this is a tough process, it is all so personal and you are left in the dark...dealing with this heartless bureaucracy! But you found this site and that is a huge leap forward, there is so much support and information here, I don't know what we would have done with out it!

Hang in there, it will all come together.

07/16/07 posted I-129f

07/20/07 confirmed delivered by US Postal Service

8/23/07 No NOA1 !!!!

8/23/07 phoned USCIS (told they can't help until after 90 days)

8/23/07 contacted bank to get copy of Cx check...illegable...noc WAC#

tried for weeks to get actual check....not possible, had to wait the 90 days for info from USCIS

10/17/07 Phoned USCIS, got thru (!), got WAC number and NOA1 date!!!!

07/26/07 NOA1 (never recieved hard copy, was promised a copy would be sent)

11/01/07 Ordered copy of "long form" UK B.C.

11/05/07 Recieved B.C. (Wish USCIS was that fast!)

11/09/07 Submitted request for UK police records

12/04/07 APPROVED By USCIS NOA2 letter sent (or so they claim)

12/15/07 Police certificate recieved

12/28/07 Called NVC, not in system

01/04/08 petition forwarded to London

01/12/08 packet 3 received *rubs eye in disbelief* Speed and efficiency, can it be?

01/18/08 HARD COPY OF NOA2 ARRIVED...seems the snail made a wrong turn somewhere.

01/28/08 Returned packet 3 to London Embassy

02/12/08 Medical completed...no problem.

02/13/08 Packet 4 received from London Embassy

03/03/08 Embassy Interview

03/06/08 Visa Arrived....Lovely to finally see it even if it is a bit drab...after 8 month you think they'd have sprung for some gold foil or at least a COLOR photo?

TODAY...he's here! He's in the US! Hurrah!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
Hey everyone,

I hope someone can help me, because I really am desperate!!! :crying:

I am French and I met my boyfriend Jason - who is american citizen - two years and a half ago in Alaska... Since then, we have had a long distance relationship and we have visited each other as often as possible. Jason asked me to marry him last september, and we started the application for the K1 visa. In mid october 2007, all the papers for the I-129F application have been sent to the California Service Center, we have received shortly after the receipt from the post office, and since then, NOTHING!!

Jason was in France visiting me from beginning of November to mid January 2008. He is just back in AK and has checked his mails yesterday: He doesn't have the NOA1?? This means we have no idea what is going on, as we don't have any recipt number...

I read that it takes about 2 to 3 weeks to receive this notification, so I don't understand why it is not there... This is not good at all. Can it take longer that these 3 weeks??? Can it take more than 3 months?? Is there a way to contact the California Service Center??

Can people who sent the I-129F in october tell me if they are in the same case?

Please, I need some help there... All this is killing me.

Thanks a lot to all of you!!!

Faustine

Ma chere Faustine: It took them 2 months to send me the NOA1,I have not even received the NOA2 yet.Before submitting the I-129f in May,my attorney and local immigration office said this would only take 3 months.I have been waiting for 9 already.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.