Wendy-Henry

Calling USCIS Customer Service

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

January 7, 2008 I decided was my day to call the customer service number. I have faithfully checked the website to see if there was any activity. After waiting from August until after Christmas and New Years I was ready to make the call. I was on hold for about 25 minutes. A very friendly person came on the line. She asked questions about the nature of my call. When it got down to it she was only able to tell me what I could see for myself online. Needless to say I sighed and thought that didn't really get me anywhere. However as I continued to faithfully check the website my case was touched on Thursday January 10 and again on January 11. Over the weekend I had hope that we were getting somewhere. I checked today online and no activity. I was bummed. I checked my mail and there it was my I-797 NOA2 Approval! The website doesn't show my case as approved but I'm holding on to hard copy that states approval and transition to NVC. I'm super excited.

Here's the question - for the approval time frame 1/10/08 to 5/9/08 how realistic is it to believe that my fiance will actually be on a plane by 5/9/08?

July 27, 2007: I-129F Sent

August 23, 2007: I-797C/NOA1

August 26, 2007: Touched

August 27, 2007: I-797C/NOA1 Received

August 27, 2007: Check cleared for $170.00

August 30, 2007: Touched

January 7, 2008: Called USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375 – 5283

January 10, 2008: Touched

January 11, 2008: Touched

January 14, 2008: Received I-797/NOA2 Approved 1/10/08

January 31, 2008: Received Approval 1/28/08 from National Visa Center

February 13, 2008: Fiance received Packet 3 from US Embassy - Dublin Ireland

February 15, 2008: Fiance requested Irish Police Certificate from Guarda in Navan County Meath

February 18, 2008: Fiance receieved translated copy of Czech Police Certificate and Birth Certificate

February 19, 2008: Fiance had medical exam

February 19, 2008: Fiance received his Irish Police Certificate via AnPost

February 20, 2008: Fiance returned Packet 3 (DS-230, Checklist/Notification of Readiness) via AnPost

February 21, 2008: Fiance picked up medical exam results

February 29, 2008: Fiance received appointment notice Packet 4 for March 13, 2008 1:00 pm

March 10, 2008: Fiance purchased Irish postal money order for 94.32 Euro

March 13, 2008: Visa Interview 1:00 pm, told to return next day at 1:00 pm

March 14, 2008: K-1 Fiance Visa in hand! Yippee!

April 2, 2008: Dublin-Chicago-Denver on American Airlines! Arrived on time and no problems :-)

April 3, 2008: Legally married Denver, Colorado

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I envy you so much. I applied at the same time, but no touch what so ever. Nothing new. My fiance kept calling, but he was told that he could only check online. I am sooo worried about it. I guess you can be together with your fiance in May. I was planning to marry him in March, but it is impossible, so I have to extend my plan. I am sooo shocked.

So your online status was still pending? I have heard that some couples got their noa2 even though their online status was pending. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
January 7, 2008 I decided was my day to call the customer service number. I have faithfully checked the website to see if there was any activity. After waiting from August until after Christmas and New Years I was ready to make the call. I was on hold for about 25 minutes. A very friendly person came on the line. She asked questions about the nature of my call. When it got down to it she was only able to tell me what I could see for myself online. Needless to say I sighed and thought that didn't really get me anywhere. However as I continued to faithfully check the website my case was touched on Thursday January 10 and again on January 11. Over the weekend I had hope that we were getting somewhere. I checked today online and no activity. I was bummed. I checked my mail and there it was my I-797 NOA2 Approval! The website doesn't show my case as approved but I'm holding on to hard copy that states approval and transition to NVC. I'm super excited.

Here's the question - for the approval time frame 1/10/08 to 5/9/08 how realistic is it to believe that my fiance will actually be on a plane by 5/9/08?

You have 4 months, I think your timeline should be manageable. I have seen people here on VJ that get thru in just over 2 months, turn your packet 3 paperwork over as quickly as possible you should be alright, but of course this depends on the embassy. Perhaps you can do a search/inquire with other members that are from Czech Rep. Have you had a look at the packet 3 forms yet? Have you had a practice go at filling them out? Do you have police certificates etc? Will you need to get documents translated?

07/16/07 posted I-129f

07/20/07 confirmed delivered by US Postal Service

8/23/07 No NOA1 !!!!

8/23/07 phoned USCIS (told they can't help until after 90 days)

8/23/07 contacted bank to get copy of Cx check...illegable...noc WAC#

tried for weeks to get actual check....not possible, had to wait the 90 days for info from USCIS

10/17/07 Phoned USCIS, got thru (!), got WAC number and NOA1 date!!!!

07/26/07 NOA1 (never recieved hard copy, was promised a copy would be sent)

11/01/07 Ordered copy of "long form" UK B.C.

11/05/07 Recieved B.C. (Wish USCIS was that fast!)

11/09/07 Submitted request for UK police records

12/04/07 APPROVED By USCIS NOA2 letter sent (or so they claim)

12/15/07 Police certificate recieved

12/28/07 Called NVC, not in system

01/04/08 petition forwarded to London

01/12/08 packet 3 received *rubs eye in disbelief* Speed and efficiency, can it be?

01/18/08 HARD COPY OF NOA2 ARRIVED...seems the snail made a wrong turn somewhere.

01/28/08 Returned packet 3 to London Embassy

02/12/08 Medical completed...no problem.

02/13/08 Packet 4 received from London Embassy

03/03/08 Embassy Interview

03/06/08 Visa Arrived....Lovely to finally see it even if it is a bit drab...after 8 month you think they'd have sprung for some gold foil or at least a COLOR photo?

TODAY...he's here! He's in the US! Hurrah!

Timeline

Big congratulations!!!!

Ive you've got NOA2, you should be planning in weeks not months. The whole embassy process in Prague goes VERY fast.

Take a look at my time line and you'll get the idea. Basically, from NOA2 to Prague is about 2 weeks then another week for them to mail the papers to the beneficiary. After they get the papers, you call the embassy switch board and schedule the appointment then start filing out more paperwork.

So realistically, the "get on a plane" date can be more like end of Feb/early March.

Take care,

CM

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I called NVC on January 24, 2008 2 weeks after I had received my approval letter from USCIS. The letter from USCIS indicated 2-4 weeks NVC to get the information. I called NVC and they answered promptly. They stated they did not yet have any information on my case and to give it the full month and then call back again. Thursday January 31, 2008 I checked the mailbox and there was an envelope from United States Department of State National Visa Center. This was the NVC approval and the letter indicates that our case will be processed at the Dublin post:

Embassy of the United States, Visa Unit

42 Elgin Road

Ballsbridge, Dublin

Ireland

Now we wait for Dublin to send the packet to my fiance. I'm on the downhill slop to getting him here to the USA but I don't know how steep the hill is...could he get his packet in less than one month's time? He requested his police background from the Czech Republic which should be to him middle to end of February. I can't imagine it will take long to schedule the medical exam. The State Department website indicates 2 day wait from the call to schedule to the interview date. They also say that you surrender your passport and then they make your visa and send it to you overnight post. All of that sounds fast to me in comparrison to 167 days for USCIS to review and approve.

I hope others are moving along in their process of getting their loved one (s) here to the USA.

July 27, 2007: I-129F Sent

August 23, 2007: I-797C/NOA1

August 26, 2007: Touched

August 27, 2007: I-797C/NOA1 Received

August 27, 2007: Check cleared for $170.00

August 30, 2007: Touched

January 7, 2008: Called USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375 – 5283

January 10, 2008: Touched

January 11, 2008: Touched

January 14, 2008: Received I-797/NOA2 Approved 1/10/08

January 31, 2008: Received Approval 1/28/08 from National Visa Center

February 13, 2008: Fiance received Packet 3 from US Embassy - Dublin Ireland

February 15, 2008: Fiance requested Irish Police Certificate from Guarda in Navan County Meath

February 18, 2008: Fiance receieved translated copy of Czech Police Certificate and Birth Certificate

February 19, 2008: Fiance had medical exam

February 19, 2008: Fiance received his Irish Police Certificate via AnPost

February 20, 2008: Fiance returned Packet 3 (DS-230, Checklist/Notification of Readiness) via AnPost

February 21, 2008: Fiance picked up medical exam results

February 29, 2008: Fiance received appointment notice Packet 4 for March 13, 2008 1:00 pm

March 10, 2008: Fiance purchased Irish postal money order for 94.32 Euro

March 13, 2008: Visa Interview 1:00 pm, told to return next day at 1:00 pm

March 14, 2008: K-1 Fiance Visa in hand! Yippee!

April 2, 2008: Dublin-Chicago-Denver on American Airlines! Arrived on time and no problems :-)

April 3, 2008: Legally married Denver, Colorado

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.