MasikAndKisya

Embassy Issues

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Okay,

So I figured out what part of the problem is with the Kyiv Embassy. Maybe this isn't indicative of everyones experience, but it makes sense to me. This is a letter I sent over there, it speaks for itself, but the locals working at the Embassy need a reality check:

Dear Public Liaison Unit,

The customer service that my fiancée and I have received from this sector of the Consular Section has been impeccable, and I thank you for that. However, the service experienced by my fiancée from the Embassy’s locally hired Ukrainian speaking employees has been atrocious. I am absolutely outraged at the way she was talked at while being notified, via phone, of her passport being delivered back to her today. Likewise, I am appalled that the Embassy would even hire individuals who are lacking basic social graces and polite communication skills. I am sure that the Embassy does not need to be reminded that the individuals working for it are the face of the United States government. As an American citizen I am appalled that anyone would criticize an individual over the phone on not picking up on the first ring and continue on to taunt them about not receiving their VISA in the mail in a timely manner because of it. Furthermore, to speak and behave in such a manner with a matter as delicate as a K-1 VISA is simply unacceptable. If the individual is so unhappy with his job then perhaps he should be reminded how wonderful it is to be unemployed in Kyiv. Furthermore, I would expect that this type of behavior is an outlier and is not representative of all local employees at the Embassy. Given the gravity of this situation it would seem that disciplinary measures need to be taken against the individual, as I doubt that this was the first time an act of this nature has taken place. I will assume that the Embassy would have taken this course of action without my suggestion. A written apology will be sufficient to right this wrong. Pending no response an official complaint will be filed with my Congressional representative and my Senator.

Concerned,

Yuriy

Okay,

So I figured out what part of the problem is with the Kyiv Embassy. Maybe this isn't indicative of everyones experience, but it makes sense to me. This is a letter I sent over there, it speaks for itself, but the locals working at the Embassy need a reality check:

The customer service that my fiancée and I have received from this sector of the Consular Section has been impeccable, and I thank you for that. However, the service experienced by my fiancée from the Embassy’s locally hired Ukrainian speaking employees has been atrocious. I am absolutely outraged at the way she was talked at while being notified, via phone, of her passport being delivered back to her today. Likewise, I am appalled that the Embassy would even hire individuals who are lacking basic social graces and polite communication skills. I am sure that the Embassy does not need to be reminded that the individuals working for it are the face of the United States government. As an American citizen I am appalled that anyone would criticize an individual over the phone on not picking up on the first ring and continue on to taunt them about not receiving their VISA in the mail in a timely manner because of it. Furthermore, to speak and behave in such a manner with a matter as delicate as a K-1 VISA is simply unacceptable. If the individual is so unhappy with his job then perhaps he should be reminded how wonderful it is to be unemployed in Kyiv. Furthermore, I would expect that this type of behavior is an outlier and is not representative of all local employees at the Embassy. Given the gravity of this situation it would seem that disciplinary measures need to be taken against the individual, as I doubt that this was the first time an act of this nature has taken place. I will assume that the Embassy would have taken this course of action without my suggestion. A written apology will be sufficient to right this wrong. Pending no response an official complaint will be filed with my Congressional representative and my Senator.

Concerned,

Yuriy

I can see something really objectionable happen to make you write these words, but let us know if there will be any reaction from their side.

I hope, that your complaint will be considered.

.png

UURI.jpg

Timeline

Concerned,

Yuriy

I can see something really objectionable happen to make you write these words, but let us know if there will be any reaction from their side.

I hope, that your complaint will be considered.

It was very objectionable. Certainly this is why the Embassy has a bad reputation, not for the American representatives working there but for the local jerks who think they have a right to insult people and push their buttons. I will definitely post a response.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Okay,

Concerned,

Yuriy

Yuriy, I feel sorry that something has made you that angry with a certain Embassy employee. Can you tell me what happened with her passport? I hope that everything else is fine and you'll be here, in Kiev soon enough to see your fiancee.

Warmest wishes,

Masha

AOS

04-16-2008: AOS package Sent to Chicago via Express Mail

05-13-2008: Biometrics

05-22-2008: AOS trasfered to CSC

06-13/17-2008: EAD Approved (2 CRIS email)

06-18/19-2008: AOS touch

06-20-2008: EAD Approval Notice Sent (email)

06-23-2008: EAD in mail

06-23-2008: Another EAD touch (9AM), EAD IN MAIL (1PM)

07-14-2008: I-485 Card Production Ordered

07-21-2008: Green Card in mail

Timeline
Okay,

Concerned,

Yuriy

Yuriy, I feel sorry that something has made you that angry with a certain Embassy employee. Can you tell me what happened with her passport? I hope that everything else is fine and you'll be here, in Kiev soon enough to see your fiancee.

Warmest wishes,

Masha

Hey everyone,

I got alot of messages on this last post I did about rudeness at the Kyiv Embassy, so here is the updated result. The Embassy ended up calling my fiancee and taking a full report of what happened. They advised her that what she experienced is not a normal occurrence and thanked her for the letter I wrote. They also issued a full apology and explained that the individual will face disciplinary actions. They wished her well on her trip over as well as her upcoming marriage. It worked out pretty well I think.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.