dillydally

question about DHL in Egypt...

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello wonderful VJers :)

inshAllah you all are doing well :) alrighty...now for those with previous experience using DHL in Egypt or had their passport sent via DHL...how long does it usually take... I mean when I track it on DHL.com it only says "shipment picked up"...i know it is a little early to worry :blush: but any idea how long it might take inshAllah if they are sending the passport and visa to get from Cairo using DHL to El Mansoura (that is where my hubby lives)? I mean it does say next day delivery...but I am confused...and help would be appreciated :) THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!! :)

whatever it takes...or how my heart breaks...i will be right here waiting for you... 636.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wow! that's good news if it shows it's been picked up.... if that's actually the visa it might be a Cairo record on the VJ forum.

Let us know, and here's some mojo for you ! :dance::dance::dance:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Hello wonderful VJers :)

inshAllah you all are doing well :) alrighty...now for those with previous experience using DHL in Egypt or had their passport sent via DHL...how long does it usually take... I mean when I track it on DHL.com it only says "shipment picked up"...i know it is a little early to worry :blush: but any idea how long it might take inshAllah if they are sending the passport and visa to get from Cairo using DHL to El Mansoura (that is where my hubby lives)? I mean it does say next day delivery...but I am confused...and help would be appreciated :) THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!! :)

My husband's DHL tracking has said "picked up" since December 30 and no visa has been issued yet. In fact, we were just told they've conveniently "lost" the DS230 he just signed. Now he gets to go back tomorrow and submit yet another one. My suggestion: Follow up with the embassy after the 2 weeks goes by. If I hadn't followed up, only the good Lord knows how long it would have sat there. One never knows what this embassy is doing, and I don't think they know either...

Stay strong. :)

Summer 2003- We met (in the U.S.) and began dating.

Summer 2004- My SO moved back to Egypt; I spent a month there with him.

December 2004- SO called my parents and got permission to ask for my hand in marriage; They said yes, of course!

Christmas 2004- I traveled back to Egypt and accepted his proposal while we were on the sands by the Red Sea...

July 2005- Got married; I moved to Egypt

Nov. 2005- Began the immigration process!!!

July 2006- Hubby's immigrant "interview" at embassy in Cairo was no interview- told to file waiver for past visa overstay

Aug. 2006- Waiver sent from Cairo to Athens

April 2007- Waiver transferred from Athens to Rome

August 2007 - I moved back to U.S. from Egypt in anticipation of waiver approval (just had a feeling!!) and to continue my career because my 2 year work contract had expired in Cairo and my wondeful job was still here waiting.

Nov. 2007- Waiver approved... thank the good Lord!!!!

Dec. 2007- Interview- but not really an interview- just had to sign the updated DS230; Told to expect visa in 2 weeks.

Jan. 2008 - Visa in hand! It actually did arrive in 2 and a half weeks... Hubby back in our home 2 days later!!!

Feb. 2008- Green Card arrives

Today and everyday- Loving life back in our home, having a blast, enjoying every moment with family and friends, praying for all of you still waiting! Miracles DO happen!!!

Timeline
Wow! that's good news if it shows it's been picked up.... if that's actually the visa it might be a Cairo record on the VJ forum.

All it means is that the fee was picked up at the embassy. Mine shows it was picked up on 7/22/07.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

All it means is that the fee was picked up at the embassy. Mine shows it was picked up on 7/22/07.

Oh... well, I'm still hoping for a visa soon :blush:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Timeline

Oh... well, I'm still hoping for a visa soon :blush:

Oh absolutely!!!! I just meant that the "pick up" is not the part to get excited over since that is the pick up of the fee and whatever document was given at the embassy. To be sure about that though check the date of the Pick Up and if it is the same date as the interview then that is what it is. If not then maybe it is the visa!! That would be something huh? :)

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.