rohscat

lower income in 2006 but higher than poverty line now

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: South Korea
Timeline

I asked a question below.. after checking my situation, here is one more question...

We need tax return for 2006 to file I-864. My hubby(US citizen) worked a Korean company in Korea several months in 2006 and come to USA in August 2006 and he got a job in December 2006 in the US.

He hasn't file tax return for 2006 yet. Checking his income, his total income for 2006 is lower than poverty line. His present salary is higher than poverty line(he will send 'employment of verification' and pay stub with I-864). In this case, should we need joint sponser? or should we need some asset(cash..)?

I asked a question below.. after checking my situation, here is one more question...

We need tax return for 2006 to file I-864. My hubby(US citizen) worked a Korean company in Korea several months in 2006 and come to USA in August 2006 and he got a job in December 2006 in the US.

He hasn't file tax return for 2006 yet. Checking his income, his total income for 2006 is lower than poverty line. His present salary is higher than poverty line(he will send 'employment of verification' and pay stub with I-864). In this case, should we need joint sponser? or should we need some asset(cash..)?

You may be asked to have a joint sponsor, or they may feel that income and assets are enough. As for the income now, I would send in copies of the tax return for 2007, W-2 form, recent paycheck stubs and a letter from his current employer. He needs to file the tax return for 2006 to come into compliance with U.S. tax laws. If he doesn't have W-2 form for that job, perhaps income can be shown with Korean tax return or total from paycheck stubs.

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

What Service Center was filed at? Nebraska transferred to California

Provide dates for the following:

I-130 sent (Mailed)..........................3-12-07

1st NOA (Receipt Notice) .................3-29-07

2nd NOA (Approval Notice) e-mail.....6-15-07

Bill for I-864 processing fee rcd and sent..7-24-07

I-864 Packet Received......................8-18-07

I-864 Mailed to NV............................8-20-07

Bill for DS-230 received....................8-29-07

Payment for DS-230 sent..................8-30-07

DS-230 Packet received..................10-25-07

DS-230 Packet sent to NVC..............10-29-07

Case Completed..............................11-16-07

Case Forwarded to Embassy.............11-30-07

Packet recieved from NVC................12-07-07

Medical complete...............................1-04-08

Leave for Manila................................1-19-08

Interview and approval......................1-22-08

Visa in Hand .....................................1-24-08

Arrived in USA...................................3-19-08

Filed: Country: South Korea
Timeline

I would think the safest option would be to get a joint sponsor.

You husband should definitely file tax return for 2006 which should show his income both in Korea as well as his income in the U.S. I am not sure about your situation, but you can use 2005 and 2004's tax return to show financial independence.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.