mariapoe

Tax Return 2007/Affidavit of Support

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Here is our dilemma. May be somebody can help us with this.

Our K1 petition was approved on Jan7:) and I hope our NO2 will be in the Embassy (Kiev, Ukraine) in the end of January. If my interview is scheduled as soon as, say, mid-Februray (which is possible, I've looked up few similar cases,) we'd like to clarify two things asap. First, for I-134, Affidavit of Support, does my fiance need to necessarily have 2007 tax return filed before preparing it or we could use his 2006 tax return? He says he'd do 2007 as soon as he can but, to save time, I though may be we could photocopy his 2006 tax return and that'd be it? This way he'd start preparing I-134 right now and wouldn't be waiting till Jan30 when all 1040s are due -- he's self-employed and has to collect five forms since he worked with five different companies in 2007.)

My second question is about the assets. (I've seen people talking about it here and there affirmatively but only in I-864 I found that it's true ideed.) If my fiance's income is over $50,000, does he still need to add any assets to our I-134?? It doesn't really matter since he has some and we can put it in but it'd be good to now for sure.

I'll appreciate any comments. Thank you.

Masha

AOS

04-16-2008: AOS package Sent to Chicago via Express Mail

05-13-2008: Biometrics

05-22-2008: AOS trasfered to CSC

06-13/17-2008: EAD Approved (2 CRIS email)

06-18/19-2008: AOS touch

06-20-2008: EAD Approval Notice Sent (email)

06-23-2008: EAD in mail

06-23-2008: Another EAD touch (9AM), EAD IN MAIL (1PM)

07-14-2008: I-485 Card Production Ordered

07-21-2008: Green Card in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

I believe that the United States main concern is whether you will become a public charge. Your husband has more than sufficient annual income to support you. The amount he needs to show is around $17,000 annual income if it is just you and him in the household. You guys will be fine without the 2007 tax return evidence. Just make sure to prove that he exceeds the 17 thousand/year amount.

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Our K1 petition was approved on Jan7:) and I hope our NO2 will be in the Embassy (Kiev, Ukraine) in the end of January. If my interview is scheduled as soon as, say, mid-Februray (which is possible, I've looked up few similar cases,) we'd like to clarify two things asap. First, for I-134, Affidavit of Support, does my fiance need to necessarily have 2007 tax return filed before preparing it or we could use his 2006 tax return? He says he'd do 2007 as soon as he can but, to save time, I though may be we could photocopy his 2006 tax return and that'd be it? This way he'd start preparing I-134 right now and wouldn't be waiting till Jan30 when all 1040s are due -- he's self-employed and has to collect five forms since he worked with five different companies in 2007.)

My second question is about the assets. (I've seen people talking about it here and there affirmatively but only in I-864 I found that it's true ideed.) If my fiance's income is over $50,000, does he still need to add any assets to our I-134?? It doesn't really matter since he has some and we can put it in but it'd be good to now for sure.

Masha

Hi Masha,

You can use your 2006 return, make sure he attaches the appropriate 1090 forms, since he's self employed he'll know what those are. Those will prove income generated on the 2006 return. As far as the I-134 form goes I still put in assets even though my income is over $50,000. The Embassy is primarily concerned about you being a public charge. That being said the I-134 is not a legally actionable form, you'll get to that when you come to the states. So as long as there is some proof of income you're fine.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

We are in a similar situation, and what I plan is to have my 2004, 2005, and 2006 IRS transcripts available, and then send my 2007 w2 (or in your case 1099).

So send whats reasonable. It is required by law companies must send out w2/1099 etc, by Feb 1m so after Feb 1, and up until April 15, you can just show them your income statements if they wish to see something.

Hi everyone,

Masha

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you all guys. It's been very helpful. I don't think I need the transcript from the IRS if he can photocopy his tax return for 06, 05, and 04. And yes, I thought to have his 2007 tax return forms, too.

I appreciate your comments:)

masha

AOS

04-16-2008: AOS package Sent to Chicago via Express Mail

05-13-2008: Biometrics

05-22-2008: AOS trasfered to CSC

06-13/17-2008: EAD Approved (2 CRIS email)

06-18/19-2008: AOS touch

06-20-2008: EAD Approval Notice Sent (email)

06-23-2008: EAD in mail

06-23-2008: Another EAD touch (9AM), EAD IN MAIL (1PM)

07-14-2008: I-485 Card Production Ordered

07-21-2008: Green Card in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.