NikkisPrecious

Interview tomorrow!!! Help needed URGENT! arrgh

13 posts in this topic

Ok, so i think i've got everything ready for my interview tomorrow, then i was just reading over the letter sent to me, the photos i have to take must be 2inches by 2 inches / 5cm by 5cm..

well i went and got some done at the normal passport size, they just fall short of the requirements, is this going to be a major factor or will the regular uk passport size be fine?? I just had them done in one of those booth thingys at passport size, i didn't see this larger 2" by 2" size...

Or should i be rushing down the town to get some more done quickly??

Thanks guys

Edited by NikkisPrecious

going through HELL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I got mine done at Max Spielmann (aka Klick Photopoint).

Cost me £5 for 6 pictures at the 2"x2" size, which surprised me as I went there to get the photos done for the original I-129f last year and it cost me £5 for 2 pictures.

K1

02/09/2007 I-129F Petition received at Nebraska SC

09/11/2007 Medical scheduled at 10.30am

01/14/2008 Interview at 9.30am Approved

03/13/2008 POE

04/22/2008 Wedding

AOS

05/23/2008 Filed for AOS, EAD and AP.           

09/08/2008 EAD card received.                         

09/15/2008 AP received.                                    

11/25/2008 Card production ordered

Removal of Conditions

10/22/2010 Filed for Removal of Conditions

12/18/2010 Green Card received

Naturalization

11/21/2016 Mailed N400 Naturalization application

11/29/2016 Application received

12/02/2016 NOA1

12/30/2016 Biometrics

01/04/2017 In line for interview

02/09/2017 Received interview letter

03/16/2017 Interview in St Paul, Mn - PASSED!!

03/16/2017 Same day Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
So normal UK passport size won't do?

Personally, I wouldn't risk it, they do seem quite specific about the size in the packet 3.

K1

02/09/2007 I-129F Petition received at Nebraska SC

09/11/2007 Medical scheduled at 10.30am

01/14/2008 Interview at 9.30am Approved

03/13/2008 POE

04/22/2008 Wedding

AOS

05/23/2008 Filed for AOS, EAD and AP.           

09/08/2008 EAD card received.                         

09/15/2008 AP received.                                    

11/25/2008 Card production ordered

Removal of Conditions

10/22/2010 Filed for Removal of Conditions

12/18/2010 Green Card received

Naturalization

11/21/2016 Mailed N400 Naturalization application

11/29/2016 Application received

12/02/2016 NOA1

12/30/2016 Biometrics

01/04/2017 In line for interview

02/09/2017 Received interview letter

03/16/2017 Interview in St Paul, Mn - PASSED!!

03/16/2017 Same day Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

No, they are very strict on this. However there is a photo booth in the waiting area at the Embassy so you can get them done once you are there, lots of people were doing it when I was there on Tuesday. I don't know what it charges though.

Gillian

OMG, the place nearest to me is charging £19.99 for 5 pictures! But i don't really wanna risk it so i better go down there, damm

going through HELL

No, they are very strict on this. However there is a photo booth in the waiting area at the Embassy so you can get them done once you are there, lots of people were doing it when I was there on Tuesday. I don't know what it charges though.

Gillian

Ooh - they have a booth? That took US style piccies?! That's useful to know :D I can't imagine they would be that expensive... :unsure:

Also - when you paid the visa fee - did you have to pay in USD or...?

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline
Ooh - they have a booth? That took US style piccies?! That's useful to know :D I can't imagine they would be that expensive... :unsure:

Also - when you paid the visa fee - did you have to pay in USD or...?

Yep, they have a booth. There were quite a few people being sent to use it by the interviewers so presumably a lot of people take UK sized ones with them. All of those people were there for non-immigrant visas so they probably didn't have resources like Visa Journey to advise them! :)

The fee for the visa now is $131 and you can pay in dollars or sterling or credit/debit cards. I paid in sterling at an exhange rate of £1 = $1.97 and it cost me £66.29 (I kept the receipt).

Gillian

Haha - that's the sort of thing I would do!! Would be interesting to find out what they base their exchange rates on - although that wounds better than I have heard recently!! Ohh I will investigate piccies nearer the time and then if it seems too expensive just turn up early and get piccies taken there :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Timeline
Haha - that's the sort of thing I would do!! Would be interesting to find out what they base their exchange rates on - although that wounds better than I have heard recently!! Ohh I will investigate piccies nearer the time and then if it seems too expensive just turn up early and get piccies taken there :D

Get them taken while you're over there in February. I got mine done when I was there visiting Scott in October.

Gillian

Oh duh! Good plan - I can prolly get them done for free at AAA :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Timeline

A few weeks ago someone reported on VJ that the photo booth at the Embassy wasn't working, when I mention it was there. Obviously it has now been repaired but if you can get the photos done before you go might be the safer bet. If it broke once it can do so again, and there was only one booth.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.