5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So, my wife and I went to the AOS interview November 14, 2007 at 8am in Atlanta, GA, and were approved for permanent resident status. It's now January 9, 2008 and we -still- haven't received the green card in the mail. I called the "customer service" (if it can even be called that) number, and after wading through about 10min of automated prompts, I -finally- get to talk to someone. Well, she just powers through something before I can even get a word in. I have no clue what her names was, or anything else that she said, until she slowed down to start asking questions about a few pieces of information that she'd need. So I tell her what she's asking for, and she checks the system before telling me that I still have another 31 days. I tried explaining that it's been -56- days since my interview, and that the USCIS -website- says to call customer service if I haven't received anything after 30 days. She says well, that's not how it's done. It's based on when we filed(July 19), and that we still had to wait another 31 days. And then asked if I had any other questions. I was pretty pissed off at this point, because I'd stated multiple times that I'd already waited 56 days and counting for the green card, and now I was being told that I had to wait another 31, so I said "No." rather forcefully, and hung up before she could respond. -WHAT- exactly do I have to wait another 31 frakkin' days for? And if the -website- is wrong, get someone to change it for frak's sake. Is all the money we're sending these people just going to a bloody beer fund or something?

If your case was approved...

If you recently became a permanent resident

After you become a permanent resident we update our records and mail you a welcome notice. Then we mail your new permanent resident card. If you move before you get your card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 when you move. You should also call customer service if any of the following occur:

You received your welcome notice or card, but you believe there is an error.

It has been more than 30 days since you became a permanent resident, and you have not received your welcome notice.

It has been more than 30 days since you received your welcome notice but you have not received your new card.

You have questions about your new status as a permanent resident.

USCIS link

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
So, my wife and I went to the AOS interview November 14, 2007 at 8am in Atlanta, GA, and were approved for permanent resident status. It's now January 9, 2008 and we -still- haven't received the green card in the mail. I called the "customer service" (if it can even be called that) number, and after wading through about 10min of automated prompts, I -finally- get to talk to someone. Well, she just powers through something before I can even get a word in. I have no clue what her names was, or anything else that she said, until she slowed down to start asking questions about a few pieces of information that she'd need. So I tell her what she's asking for, and she checks the system before telling me that I still have another 31 days. I tried explaining that it's been -56- days since my interview, and that the USCIS -website- says to call customer service if I haven't received anything after 30 days. She says well, that's not how it's done. It's based on when we filed(July 19), and that we still had to wait another 31 days. And then asked if I had any other questions. I was pretty pissed off at this point, because I'd stated multiple times that I'd already waited 56 days and counting for the green card, and now I was being told that I had to wait another 31, so I said "No." rather forcefully, and hung up before she could respond. -WHAT- exactly do I have to wait another 31 frakkin' days for? And if the -website- is wrong, get someone to change it for frak's sake. Is all the money we're sending these people just going to a bloody beer fund or something?

If your case was approved...

If you recently became a permanent resident

After you become a permanent resident we update our records and mail you a welcome notice. Then we mail your new permanent resident card. If you move before you get your card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 when you move. You should also call customer service if any of the following occur:

You received your welcome notice or card, but you believe there is an error.

It has been more than 30 days since you became a permanent resident, and you have not received your welcome notice.

It has been more than 30 days since you received your welcome notice but you have not received your new card.

You have questions about your new status as a permanent resident.

USCIS link

The USCIS operators are monkeys, even reduced me to tears today. From what I can figure they are handed a card and told what to read off, when what they need is proper training and the other 1/2 of their brains to work!

Anyway, as I hang out on here alot since I still don't have my EAD :clock: you may be stuck in namecheck. Other have been waiting 800 + days post interview with no greencard in sight. Call your congressman, they will help you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Was her passport stamped? (or given any sort of temporary document?)

My passport, and no. The interviewing officer in Atlanta said they don't stamp passports anymore, unless absolutely necessary because people were giving out the stamps like candy. No temporary document, either. My EAD was taken away as well, and we were told that the green card will replace that, and if an employer needs proof that I can work legally, I'll have to make an appointment and come back to the Atlanta USCIS center to get the stamp.

Call your congressman, they will help you.

I agree - Call your congressman, don't wait or waste your time. Escalate immediately. Good luck.

Lifting Conditions

01/19/2010 - Mailed I-751 Packet

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.