Danno

JAN 9 is the big day

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline
Yes I was surprised they were open Sunday.

They called the day-before (sat) and told her to come the following day.

Neither of us thought to use tracking so I can't answer that one (what were we thinking).

DHL tracking says ours was picked up by DHL from the Moscow embassy today---so it is the same schedule as yours (just 1 day later) and yours probably was picked up on Friday. This means 2-3 days from interview date to shipment as stated on the embassy website is accurate and 2 days seems to be the norm right now if everything goes right.

So we just have to wait for delivery to make sure there is indeed a visa inside there now... (never can be too sure about anything until we actually have the visa)

Edited by Chris Parker

IR-5 Immediate relative parent of adult U.S. citizen, §201(b)

I-130 [100 Days] (+10 days transiting)

03/30/07 Naturalization oath

03/30/07 I-130 sent to VSC priority mail

04/09/07 NOA "Received Date"

05/08/07 NOA1 issued by CSC, rcvd 05/11/07

07/18/07 I-130 approved!

07/23/07 NOA2 received

NVC [73 Days] (+23 days transiting) ** using James' NVC Shortcuts 2.0 **

08/10/07 NVC received, case number MOS*** assigned

08/20/07 DS-3032 & I-864 fee bill generated

08/23/07 DS-3032 delivered to NVC

08/23/07 I-864 payt delivered to St. Louis

08/27/07 IV fee bill generated

08/28/07 I-864 payt processed

09/03/07 I-864 package generated

09/08/07 IV fee bill received & payt sent

09/11/07 IV payt delivered to St. Louis

09/13/07 I-864 entered onto case

09/17/07 IV payt processed

09/24/07 DS-230 generated

09/25/07 I-864 RFE issued

10/01/07 I-864 RFE & DS-230 delivered to NVC

10/04/07 I-864 RFE & DS-230 entered onto case

10/22/07 Case complete at NVC!

12/10/07 NVC schedules the interview, finally!

12/17/07 Case left NVC

Embassy (Moscow)

12/20/07 Medical exam

01/10/08 Interview APPROVED!

01/15/08 Visa rcvd!

01/26/08 Entered USA

02/04/08 SSN card rcvd (from DS-230 appl./EAE)

02/16,21,25/08 OS155A msg. from TSC

02/28/08 PR card rcvd!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Today natalia, revealed to me this "plan" she had in the back of her mind... should she not be able to get a visa.

This plan was based around the scheme to get me to Move there... rather than wait for Appeals or any other paperwork.

Women,

Born Schemers

:blink:

So you wouldn't move to Russia if she didn't get the visa? Why not? And why would she have to come up with some scheme to get you there?

To all the newbies..... slim's tried and true method of weeding out the "schemers" is to offer, before they even talk about marriage and all that stuff, to move there to be with them in their city. Part of their life. Part of their every day normal been doing it since I was born, life.

See what they say then.

But if they're trying to "scheme" you into moving there... you've got a winner!!! Fill out some papers, it's Visa Time!

Slim, I have used this same method of "I plan to move to Russia".... and see what they say.

Natalia was very new at internet-dating, a girl that worked in the library told her about it and helped her post a profile on an independent site, so she never knew much about visa's and all that.

She was really surprised it took so long and as I said before I played up the possibility of not getting approved as an incentive to study english (although she did not really need incentive).

Would I have moved to Russia if it were the only way?

I am sure I would have but to be honest, I never gave it much thought, except to kid her about the subject a little.

I would not want to live in St. Petersburg because the weather is so bad, also, not sure I could make any money (even by Russian standards) over there.

Even so I hope that things turn out where *one day* we can move there to live, actually I prefer Ukraine but how to manage that... I don't know.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Unlike some of the more adventurous and romantic types on here, I was honest from the start. I told my wife I will NEVER move to Russia. And that was our understanding on that subject.

Unlike some of the more adventurous and romantic types on here, I was honest from the start. I told my wife I will NEVER move to Russia. And that was our understanding on that subject.

Please expand more on this "I told my wife" and "that was our understanding." Right about now, you're my hero! To be able to tell your wife something and achieve an "understanding," man, that's priceless. Please share with the forum just how you did that. Oh, did you have to do it in Russian? Cause if you did it in English to boot, we're going to have to get you a spot at that table with Burt Reynolds and Jerome Bettis and all those other cool guys. Man Hall of Fame, Satellite in '08!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Please expand more on this "I told my wife" and "that was our understanding." Right about now, you're my hero! To be able to tell your wife something and achieve an "understanding," man, that's priceless. Please share with the forum just how you did that. Oh, did you have to do it in Russian?
My wife and I only speak Russian in the home with minor exceptions of course concerning school or something that was said by a third party.

As for what I said, I said it back in 2003 and in 2004 on my only and probably last trips to Russia. I have quite the reputation on here for criticizing all of Russia's faults so I have absolutely no desire to live or even visit there.

There are so many better places to go on vacation then there, Caribbean, Mexico, Hawaii, etc...

And I simply told her just as plainly as I retold it on here, I am not moving there no matter what, even if it means the end of the relationship. If the relationship is going to happen it will happen here. And that is where we are today. Not sure what was so hard to get. And I think she has accepted what I have been saying for the last 5 years on the topic of moving to Russia. Otherwise she'd be out of here, right? Her act of staying is acquiescence to the idea.

Her act of staying is acquiescence to the idea.

That's kind of how I see it too. Whenever I get b!tched at for doing this or not doing that or the topic comes up about "having options" either to move or pusue something else, or somebody else, or just the bull$#it spats that couples have, regardless of what's said or implied, the door remains in the same place, and as long as she continues to ignore the option of "there's the door" then she's probably not too unhappy with what's inside. Well, at least not as unhappy as she was just b!tching about a few minutes before I reminded her where the door was.

(She's told me where it is plenty of times too, so I guess we're both content to stay inside for now. After all, it's cold outside!)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Heh.... ain't that the truth. I told my wife the same thing. I have to chuckle at the "adventurous" ones. I just finished living over there for 3-1/2 years (work for BP) and I'm sure there are bigger "sh**holes in this world.... I just can't think of any. I despise the corruption over there. Could never get used to it... even after 3 years. It makes S. America look like romper room.

It makes S. America look like romper room.

Hugo Chavez was just saying how together S. America's $#!t is.

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.