Mina76

Just Turkish

1,923 posts in this topic

Congratulations on your approval Galfeist!!!!

Julia, I know how hard it is. Yilmaz and I have been living apart for 3 years now. Our waiver was submitted over a year ago and still no answer!!

Please keep your hopes up!! It will work out and I will keep you in my prayers!!!

Love to ALL,

Wendy

06/2005 - Met in the U.S.

3/26/07 - Mailed I-129F

3/28/07 - Vermont Received

3/29/07 - NOA1

3/30/07 - Check cashed

4/03/07 - "Touched"

4/11/07 - Approved, NOA 2 mailed via snail mail

4/18/07 - NVC received approved I-129F petition

5/02/07 - Fiance received Packet 3

5/22/07 - Mailed I-134 and supporting evidence to Fiance

5/25/07 - I-134 papers arrive in Turkey to SO via UPS

5/29/07 - Packet 3 sent to American Embassy in Turkey

6/02/07 - Packet 4 received by fiance

7/16/07 - Interview in Ankara at 9:45 am

7/16/07 - Visa denied because of a previous overstay in US, must file I-601 waiver

8/16/07 - Delivered I-601 papers to US Embassy in Ankara

12/28/07 - Fourth visit to Turkey

11/22/08 - Still waiting on I-601 Waiver (16 months)

12/23/08 - Yilmaz received approval letter for his waiver in mail!!!

03/18/09 - 2nd IV interview in Ankara

03/18/09 - Visa approved. Will be sent via UPS to his home address

03/25/09 - Received visa at home address

04/18/09 - Arrival in U.S.!!!!!!

05/21/09 - Married on the beach in Hawaii

07/12/09 - Mailed AOS papers via FedEX

7/18/09 - NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

7/30/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

8/19/09 - Biometrics appointment @ 11 AM---COMPLETED

8/30/09 - AP approved (recieved 2 hard copies in mail on 9/5/09)

9/08/09 - EAD card received in the mail

10/16/09 - Touch from CSC

11/09/09 - Card production ordered

10/05/11 - Filed Removal of Conditions

07/31/12 - Removal of conditions APPROVED, card issued

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Congrats and best wishes! :star:

We're approved!!! Thanks to God! Will follow up with interview details later since we're off to Antalya now, just wanted everyone to know. They said we should get visa in a few days. He's coming home with me!!!!

Thanks for everything everyone,

Doris

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Congratulations Doris! I am happy for you, but of course sad too because it makes me miss Muhammet more. Julia--I am right there with you. It is so hard, I don't know how to even explain it.

Sibel :wacko:

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Wow, it's been a while since I've been here and missed Everyone's post!

So how is Everyone doing? Hope everyone has been doing well since I last seen you guys! :blush:

I have not been here for the last couple of days getting myself prepare for when my husband comes back home. He will be here on Oct 9th, FINALLY!!! :luv:

It has been such a long time that he has been gone and it will be so weird for me to have him home again after getting so used to being alone. Now I will have to start cooking again for two, hope I didn't forget how??? :blink:

Anyway, just wanted to stop by and see how everyone is doing and I will keep Wendy, Julia and Sibel in my thoughts & prayers that their loved ones get their approvals soon, GOD Bless! (F)(F)(F)

1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif avatar_ani_050.gifSOON TO BE HAPPILY DIVORCED! avatar_ani_052.gif 1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif

Timeline
Thanks Mina for your reply. Are you planning on going to see him or? Wow...this could last forever. Now my trip is not canceled as his mom insisted that I come (what a saint) and I really want to meet her. You are right anyway-I am just way too sensitive and always waiting for the worst to happen. I am going on September 12. Is there anything I could do for or get you while I am in Istanbul (such as your husband... :lol: ?) Anyway, I will keep you in my prayers along with Julia. Hope to be here more this weekend!

Ta ta for now (L)

Erika, I am glad you got to keep your trip to Turkey. Not sure if you are there still or if you're back now, but I hope you had a wonderful time there with Hamit and his family!

Let us know all about your visit when you get back, I am dying to hear all about it! :D

Mina (F)

1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif avatar_ani_050.gifSOON TO BE HAPPILY DIVORCED! avatar_ani_052.gif 1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif

Timeline
We're approved!!! Thanks to God! Will follow up with interview details later since we're off to Antalya now, just wanted everyone to know. They said we should get visa in a few days. He's coming home with me!!!!

Thanks for everything everyone,

Doris

Congratulations Doris, this is such wonderful news!!! :star:

I am always so happy to hear of our Turkish couples getting their Visa approvals and being reunited with their loved ones, Best Wishes to you both and GOD Bless! (F)

Timeline

Debra, Tanya, awaterlily and all others, hope you are all doing well and happy too!

I hope to see everyone come here more often, but I know it's not always possible when we are busy with either work or our families because soon I will be too! :luv:

Take care all and GOD Bless everyone in our Turkish group! (F)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
Wow, it's been a while since I've been here and missed Everyone's post!

So how is Everyone doing? Hope everyone has been doing well since I last seen you guys! :blush:

I have not been here for the last couple of days getting myself prepare for when my husband comes back home. He will be here on Oct 9th, FINALLY!!! :luv:

It has been such a long time that he has been gone and it will be so weird for me to have him home again after getting so used to being alone. Now I will have to start cooking again for two, hope I didn't forget how??? :blink:

Anyway, just wanted to stop by and see how everyone is doing and I will keep Wendy, Julia and Sibel in my thoughts & prayers that their loved ones get their approvals soon, GOD Bless! (F)(F)(F)

Hi Mina! I was wondering when you would pop in here :) I am so happy for you that your hubbie will be back in less than 2 weeks! Yay!!! :dance:

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi everyone!

Edip and I had our interview Sept 24th. I thought I'd share details that took place in Ankara. Our appt. was at 0930, arrived at embassy at 0900 without a wait, went thru security, they took Edip's two pics (even tho we had sent two with pkt 3, glad we had taken extras) so then you sit and wait for your number to show up. We were right by window 6 when blinds opened and a not so friendly-looking CO was behind the counter. We were saying "please not her, please not her" Some other girl was called to interview with her and the CO was drilling this poor girl so hard and telling her she needs to speak English if she wants to go to a country were that is primary language and back and forth they went. I don't even know the outcome because Edip and I started talking to distract ourselves from that interview. Finally our number pops up and sure enough it's Window 6. So we go up together and she asks me if I was the US citizen and I said "yes" and she told me to have a seat for now.

This is conversation as best as I can remember (you are speaking through a microphone and everyone can hear your questions/answers)

"How did you meet Doris?"

'She came on vacation to Istanbul last year.'

"Is that all you remember? You don't remember any details"

'Yes, of course we met at a restaurant and saw each other and liked each other'

"And so you just walked up to her table?"

'Yes'

"Was she alone"

'No, she was with her friend'

"Were you alone?"

'Yes' (I'm thinking to myself, what the hell is he saying, I mean techinically he WAS alone and did come up to our table, but his friend had called him to come join us so it's not like two strangers' eyes meeting across a room like he was making it sound, I know he was just nervous)

Edip goes on to say, 'we spent time together and then she went to America and came back a few months later and stayed for six weeks'

"For you?"

'Yes'

"Where did she stay?" (At this point she tells him in Turkish to speak Turkish, and I'm thinking "oh, she actually IS sweet and wants him to be comfortable speaking in Turkish)

Edip ignored her comment and continues in English.

'We rented an apt'

"Who do you live with regularly?"

'My cousin'

"And he was ok with you two staying together?"

'Yes because we love each other'

"Has Doris met your family?" (Again she tells him in Turkish to speak Turkish)

'I want to practice my English since I am going to America' he tells her.

We had about ten photos of us traveling around Turkey and some with his family and we had agreed first chance he had to slip those photos in to take up time and avoid more questions. So Edip hands her photos and she starts asking who's who in pics in regards to his family and then she starts speaking Turkish to him and later Edip tells me she is telling him to speak Turkish because "She is going to hear" referring to me. (so much for my theory on her sweetness) She asks him what I do for work and he tells her "hemshire" then she tells him to go sit down and calls me.

She's looking at paperwork and says "Doris, I see your w-2's here but they're blank."

I tell her she needs to look closer, they are 1099's since I am an independent contractor and contract myself out to hospitals and I have the original and recent pay stubs if she needs to see them. She later finds salary that was partially typed onto the line and could be missed if not looked for. She did not care to see original or pay stubs.

Then she starts interviewing me.

"Where did you and Edip meet" ( I think she felt his hesitation and wanted to verify story)

'I was vacationing in Istanbul and we met at a restaurant'

"Were you alone?"

'No, I was with my friend'

"Was he alone?"

'He came alone but we had met his friend' (I know she didn't hear this response at all cuz she cuts me off)

"Doris I have been to Istanbul and I know how the men like to hassle everyone over there, do you just start talking to any strange man that comes up to your table and wants to talk to you?" (uh, huh I wanted to tell her, EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM because I am so desperate for attention from men) Instead I say,

'I think I am a good judge of character and know the difference from the every day hassler and a decent person and he looked harmless, come on look at him' and she just nods. (my mouth is so dry at this time and I keep thinking why am I being interviewed?)

"So then you went home?"

'Yes, and then he called me and we kept in touch.'

"He made an international phone call?"

'Yes' (does she really think he is incapable of such)

'I came back to Istanbul for six weeks and studied Turkish

"Did you learn"

'Some'

"Where did you stay?"

'We rented an apt'

"Who does he normally live with?"

'His cousin'

"Have you met his brothers/sisters"

'He only has brothers and I have met only some of them, the ones who live in Istanbul.'

She sees that I was previously married, "Do you still talk to your ex-husband?"

'No'

"Was he a US citizen?" (She probably sees his hispanic last name and had to ask, I'm hispanic myself)

'Yes'

"How does your family feel about this"

'They don't care'

She then calls Edip back to window and she's just looking at her paperwork and without looking at us so matter-of-fact she says, "I'm approving your visa today."

I was so excited/happy I say "Thank you!" maybe over-enthusiastically and she starts laughing and tells us "Congratulations and have a happy marriage" and then tells us to go to the UPS desk in back of the room.

It was such a relief to get it over with.

We received visa this past Monday. I am so happy for us but I still feel sad for those of you out there still waiting. Julia and Sibel, I will keep you in our prayers. I don't know why we didn't get place in AP. Maybe because Edip's never left Turkey. I just thank God we didn't. We've had a wonderful time here in Turkey and will leave for USA later this week. Take care everyone and God bless. Iyi Bayramlar!!

Doris

Timeline

Wow, Congratulations Doris!!! :star:

Your fiance's interview just bought me back to memories of my husband's interview in Ankara!

Funny, I wonder if that is also the same woman at window 6 that we also didn't want to be interview with??? Maybe not since our interview was 4 years ago!

I was not surprised that she had also interviewed you, since the same thing happened to me and I was also interviewed right after she had finished with my husband! :jest:

I am so happy for you and Edip and wish you both much much happiness! (L)

Enjoy the rest of your time there in Turkey and have a safe and pleasant flight back home, GOD Bless! (F)

Mina (F)

Wow! Congratulations Doris & Edip! Your interview sounded really tough and I'm happy to hear that it was approved. Yikes!

I have a feeling ours was with the same woman back in August, but I can't be sure. Sounds familiar. :)

Tebrikler!!!

I know I have barely posted here but I follow your stories... Okan and I are still in Turkey but we will be flying to the US in

about 5 weeks. I've been busy looking for a job and I think I've managed to line something up in San Francisco. I'm really

happy about it because SF is kind of like Istanbul, which we both love... only smaller and cleaner (and more expensive, though

not by that much these days!!!).

Anyway, congrats again!!! :dance:

Our Timeline

DCF - I-130

4/10/08 - Married in Istanbul!

5/14/08 - Sent I-130 to Ankara via UPS

5/15/08 - Packet arrived in Ankara at US Embassy

6/2/08 - Received email from Embassy, our interview is schedule for 8/11/08

8/11/08 - Interview at US Embassy in Ankara, I-130 APPROVED!!!!!!

8/13/08 - Visa RECEIVED.....

11/7/08 - Flew from Istanbul to Denver (via JFK)

11/21/08 - SSN received in mail

12/18/08 - Green Card received!!!

I-751 (lifting conditions)

8/10/10 - Sent to California Processing Center

8/20/10 - Received AOS letter

8/26/10 - NOA received biometrics appointment notification

9/16/10 - Biometrics Appointment in San Francisco

10/7/10 - Approved!

Citizenship

1/24/12 - Date filed

5/30/12 - Oath Ceremony!!!!

Adios, USCIS!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Mina, I'm so happy to hear your husband will be coming home soon!

Things are good with us, just crazy busy! Ozzy is doing well in college but is unhappy with his job and looking for another. My nursing clinicals are in full swing so between that, work and kids, I have about zero free time. I do like to check in here when I have a minute and see how everyone is doing though.

Congrats again to Doris and Camistanbul! I hope you and your men have an easy transition to life back in the US!

Doris' account of thier interview reminds me of mine and Ozzy's too! Was the CO by chance an Asian woman? Like you, she drilled us until the very end, then told us "well, I see no problem!". We weren't 100% sure that was an approval, but figured it was when she sent us back to pay for delivery. I can't believe she asked if you just talk to every guy who comes up to you! And the sneaky trying to get him to speak Turkish so you wouldn't understand!! I guess thats their job--to sort out the genuine relationships from anyone trying to pull something shady--but sheesh!

Well for anyone interested, there is a Turkish festival in Washington DC this Sunday (Oct 5th) for anyone close enough/interested in making the trip there! Not sure if we are going 'cause I think Ozzy has to work, but I'd sure like to!

Anyways, hope all is well with everyone. Thinking of you guys, Wendy and Julia!

~Tanya

Debra, Tanya, awaterlily and all others, hope you are all doing well and happy too!

I hope to see everyone come here more often, but I know it's not always possible when we are busy with either work or our families because soon I will be too! :luv:

Take care all and GOD Bless everyone in our Turkish group! (F)

ROC Journey:

01/19/2010 - Mailed ROC paperwork to Vermont Service Center

01/21/2010 - ROC package arrived at VSC

01/26/2010 - Check cashed

01/28/2010 - Received NOA, GC extended for 1 year

02/25/2010 - Biometrics taken

04/23/2010 - Conditions lifted! :)

05/01/2010 - Ten-year GC received...on hubby's birthday! Yay!

MeandOzzy.jpg

Timeline
Hi everyone!

Edip and I had our interview Sept 24th. I thought I'd share details that took place in Ankara. Our appt. was at 0930, arrived at embassy at 0900 without a wait, went thru security, they took Edip's two pics (even tho we had sent two with pkt 3, glad we had taken extras) so then you sit and wait for your number to show up. We were right by window 6 when blinds opened and a not so friendly-looking CO was behind the counter. We were saying "please not her, please not her" Some other girl was called to interview with her and the CO was drilling this poor girl so hard and telling her she needs to speak English if she wants to go to a country were that is primary language and back and forth they went. I don't even know the outcome because Edip and I started talking to distract ourselves from that interview. Finally our number pops up and sure enough it's Window 6. So we go up together and she asks me if I was the US citizen and I said "yes" and she told me to have a seat for now.

This is conversation as best as I can remember (you are speaking through a microphone and everyone can hear your questions/answers)

"How did you meet Doris?"

'She came on vacation to Istanbul last year.'

"Is that all you remember? You don't remember any details"

'Yes, of course we met at a restaurant and saw each other and liked each other'

"And so you just walked up to her table?"

'Yes'

"Was she alone"

'No, she was with her friend'

"Were you alone?"

'Yes' (I'm thinking to myself, what the hell is he saying, I mean techinically he WAS alone and did come up to our table, but his friend had called him to come join us so it's not like two strangers' eyes meeting across a room like he was making it sound, I know he was just nervous)

Edip goes on to say, 'we spent time together and then she went to America and came back a few months later and stayed for six weeks'

"For you?"

'Yes'

"Where did she stay?" (At this point she tells him in Turkish to speak Turkish, and I'm thinking "oh, she actually IS sweet and wants him to be comfortable speaking in Turkish)

Edip ignored her comment and continues in English.

'We rented an apt'

"Who do you live with regularly?"

'My cousin'

"And he was ok with you two staying together?"

'Yes because we love each other'

"Has Doris met your family?" (Again she tells him in Turkish to speak Turkish)

'I want to practice my English since I am going to America' he tells her.

We had about ten photos of us traveling around Turkey and some with his family and we had agreed first chance he had to slip those photos in to take up time and avoid more questions. So Edip hands her photos and she starts asking who's who in pics in regards to his family and then she starts speaking Turkish to him and later Edip tells me she is telling him to speak Turkish because "She is going to hear" referring to me. (so much for my theory on her sweetness) She asks him what I do for work and he tells her "hemshire" then she tells him to go sit down and calls me.

She's looking at paperwork and says "Doris, I see your w-2's here but they're blank."

I tell her she needs to look closer, they are 1099's since I am an independent contractor and contract myself out to hospitals and I have the original and recent pay stubs if she needs to see them. She later finds salary that was partially typed onto the line and could be missed if not looked for. She did not care to see original or pay stubs.

Then she starts interviewing me.

"Where did you and Edip meet" ( I think she felt his hesitation and wanted to verify story)

'I was vacationing in Istanbul and we met at a restaurant'

"Were you alone?"

'No, I was with my friend'

"Was he alone?"

'He came alone but we had met his friend' (I know she didn't hear this response at all cuz she cuts me off)

"Doris I have been to Istanbul and I know how the men like to hassle everyone over there, do you just start talking to any strange man that comes up to your table and wants to talk to you?" (uh, huh I wanted to tell her, EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM because I am so desperate for attention from men) Instead I say,

'I think I am a good judge of character and know the difference from the every day hassler and a decent person and he looked harmless, come on look at him' and she just nods. (my mouth is so dry at this time and I keep thinking why am I being interviewed?)

"So then you went home?"

'Yes, and then he called me and we kept in touch.'

"He made an international phone call?"

'Yes' (does she really think he is incapable of such)

'I came back to Istanbul for six weeks and studied Turkish

"Did you learn"

'Some'

"Where did you stay?"

'We rented an apt'

"Who does he normally live with?"

'His cousin'

"Have you met his brothers/sisters"

'He only has brothers and I have met only some of them, the ones who live in Istanbul.'

She sees that I was previously married, "Do you still talk to your ex-husband?"

'No'

"Was he a US citizen?" (She probably sees his hispanic last name and had to ask, I'm hispanic myself)

'Yes'

"How does your family feel about this"

'They don't care'

She then calls Edip back to window and she's just looking at her paperwork and without looking at us so matter-of-fact she says, "I'm approving your visa today."

I was so excited/happy I say "Thank you!" maybe over-enthusiastically and she starts laughing and tells us "Congratulations and have a happy marriage" and then tells us to go to the UPS desk in back of the room.

It was such a relief to get it over with.

We received visa this past Monday. I am so happy for us but I still feel sad for those of you out there still waiting. Julia and Sibel, I will keep you in our prayers. I don't know why we didn't get place in AP. Maybe because Edip's never left Turkey. I just thank God we didn't. We've had a wonderful time here in Turkey and will leave for USA later this week. Take care everyone and God bless. Iyi Bayramlar!!

Doris

Thanks Doris, it has been 2 months in AP...I try not to think about it too much, but it's hard not to. I just hope it doesn't drag out a year or longer like some of the other cases I've seen here on VJ.

It really does make you wonder why they choose to put certain cases through AP. Edip's interview sounded more difficult that Onur's. He was interviewed by a black American man and was asked many questions, but nothing very unusual and wasn't really hassled about anything. He answered all of his questions thoroughly and correctly, and then was handed the green slip. I drive myself crazy trying to figure it out, but the truth is we will probably never know. I do know that he has a rather common name as I googled it and searched his name on Facebook and got a lot of results. I can't imagine what else it would be. I LIVED with Onur and his family in Turkey for 5 months last year and visited several other time within the course of a year, and we provided *so* much relationship evidence, so I really don't think that is the issue. You are right that it might be leaving the country. He lived and studied in Cyprus for 2 years and we traveled to Cyprus together this time last year when I was living with him in Turkey. Sibel's husband has been in AP over 3 months now, and that is the only commonality we can find between her husband and Onur - they have bother lived outside of Turkey.

The embassy was closed this week for Bayram but maybe we'll hear some good news next week? :)

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

that may not be why, juliaferno. I lean with the name match or perhaps a delay, due to a name match, somewhere in the series background checks. Or, is he of Iranian background? I've heard Iranians have different/lengthier security checks.

My DH lived in Cyprus for a very long time. He and his family have dual citizenship. He attended the university there as well as fulfilled his military obligations there.

In term of traveling, he's been all over the world and lived/studied in South Africa for a time. He even went to Syria (a country on our watch list) for business while we waited for our visa interview date. But, with that said, we emailed the embassy before he went and asked "permission". The trip did come up at the interview when they flipped through his passport, but knowing that he consulted with the embassy beforehand, they were okay with it.

whatever the hold up, I hope it will not take too much longer. It's hard enough waiting w/o AP!

GL and please keep us all posted!

You are right that it might be leaving the country. He lived and studied in Cyprus for 2 years and we traveled to Cyprus together this time last year when I was living with him in Turkey.

Timeline
that may not be why, juliaferno. I lean with the name match or perhaps a delay, due to a name match, somewhere in the series background checks. Or, is he of Iranian background? I've heard Iranians have different/lengthier security checks.

My DH lived in Cyprus for a very long time. He and his family have dual citizenship. He attended the university there as well as fulfilled his military obligations there.

In term of traveling, he's been all over the world and lived/studied in South Africa for a time. He even went to Syria (a country on our watch list) for business while we waited for our visa interview date. But, with that said, we emailed the embassy before he went and asked "permission". The trip did come up at the interview when they flipped through his passport, but knowing that he consulted with the embassy beforehand, they were okay with it.

whatever the hold up, I hope it will not take too much longer. It's hard enough waiting w/o AP!

GL and please keep us all posted!

You are right that it might be leaving the country. He lived and studied in Cyprus for 2 years and we traveled to Cyprus together this time last year when I was living with him in Turkey.

Yes - it wouldn't make sense that he would be in AP because he lived in Cyprus, especially because he obtained his police clearance certificate from the Cypriot embassy. It is probably a name hit...we do know that it is security clearance checks. He is not of Iranian decent, nor does he have an Islamic name.

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.