Mina76

Just Turkish

1,923 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

How is everyone doing? Spring is finally starting to settle in here in Cleveland, although it isn't quite warm enough for me yet! My school year is coming to an end and I will be graduating in a month! Starting to job hunt. We could possibly be relocating if I don't find a teaching position in Ohio and prospects aren't good here. Onur would like to stay here because he feels like he is getting to know my friends and family and the area, but I'm open to moving...especially somewhere a bit warmer. We'll see. Onur is adjusting well and staying busy. We are starting to make wedding plans. We'll do the official marriage at the end of this month, but are thinking of doing our wedding in September, if we can book a place we want and plan everything in time.

Hope everyone is doing well! Sibel - how was your cruise?

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi all! So I am back from a one week cruise with my mom and I had a great time. This was actually the first week in two years where I did not cry for a week! I went to Honduras, Belize, Mexico, and the Bahamas. I got to swim with the dolphins, see monkeys, and not think too much about AP and visas.

Julia--I want to know all about the wedding plans (both the official and ceremonial!) Glad things are going well for Onur and you. Let me know also about the job hunting, and just keep in mind that you usually won't find out until the summer, so don't get too nervous.

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

Hi all! So I am back from a one week cruise with my mom and I had a great time. This was actually the first week in two years where I did not cry for a week! I went to Honduras, Belize, Mexico, and the Bahamas. I got to swim with the dolphins, see monkeys, and not think too much about AP and visas.

Julia--I want to know all about the wedding plans (both the official and ceremonial!) Glad things are going well for Onur and you. Let me know also about the job hunting, and just keep in mind that you usually won't find out until the summer, so don't get too nervous.

I am so hppy for you Sibel! You needed and deserved that. I hope you feel like you now havea second wind to see this through with a little less stress. One day you will look back on all of this and it will be but only a memory an you will be enjoying the rest of your lives together.

I kno owe everyone pics and stories, bt I keep geting sick....rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 3 times to the ER!......all that stress over this damned visa keeps haunting me :lol: sick yes...but I am happy

Take care everyone and see ya here soon!!

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Wow girlie, hope you are feeling better soon! Hope that Hamit is taking good care of you... :) Congratulations on your wedding!!

Wendy's big day is coming this weekend! Have a safe drive to NYC & hope Yilmaz has a safe, comfy (riiight, like there is a such thing as a comfy flight...unless you happen to be sitting in first class!) flight to the US!!!! Hope you two have a wonderful weekend together :star:

Sibel, I'm glad you got to get away and take a cruise! It sounds lovely and I'm sure you needed it....

As for me, I'm doing fine, hanging in there & feeling much better for the most part. My semester in school is almost over & I'm soooo looking forward to the summer and getting a little vacation time of my own. We are planning and re-planning our trip to Turkey this June...there are so many wonderful sounding places I haven't been to yet. The original plan was to spend the majority of our vacation relaxing at the beach in Istanbul, but now Ozzy wants to take me to Alanya...and I wanna see Ephesus...and of course visit his parents in Izmit...and maybe Oludeniz??? I don't want to overdo it, but I just can't make up my mind!!! :wacko:

I am so hppy for you Sibel! You needed and deserved that. I hope you feel like you now havea second wind to see this through with a little less stress. One day you will look back on all of this and it will be but only a memory an you will be enjoying the rest of your lives together.

I kno owe everyone pics and stories, bt I keep geting sick....rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 3 times to the ER!......all that stress over this damned visa keeps haunting me :lol: sick yes...but I am happy

Take care everyone and see ya here soon!!

ROC Journey:

01/19/2010 - Mailed ROC paperwork to Vermont Service Center

01/21/2010 - ROC package arrived at VSC

01/26/2010 - Check cashed

01/28/2010 - Received NOA, GC extended for 1 year

02/25/2010 - Biometrics taken

04/23/2010 - Conditions lifted! :)

05/01/2010 - Ten-year GC received...on hubby's birthday! Yay!

MeandOzzy.jpg

Filed: P-2 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Merhaba herkese,

Sorry for not writing in a while..I have been sick for 2 weeks..I have been exhausted, my stomach is too bad..I think you can guess what is happening to me :) I took home pregnancy test 2 times..result is positive..I was very suprised when i figured out i might be a pregnant :) I know it is early to give this news but i couldn't stop myself to share with you..My hubby is taking me under his health insurance, so we'll go to the doctor soon..Baby should be 5 weeks now..I felt unprepared..i didn't do even any research..didn't take folic acid or something... also i have morning sickness that lasts all day.. I can't get in the kitchen make something to eat..Hope this ends soon.. I can't believe i am being a mother! :) Insallah everything goes well..It will be a Christmas baby :)

Erica! Finally you are home with your hubby..Congrats! I am so happy for you guys..Can't wait to see the wedding pics. Sibel..It is great to hear that you took such a nice vacation..I have a theory..I think if you don't think ap anymore your hubby will be here sooner :) Tanya I wish you a wonderful vac in Turkey..I already miss it so much! Julia I wish you best of luck with the job and yes it is a great idea to live in a warmer place..Albany will be too cold next winter :) and wendy it is really so exciting to see him after a long time and now you won't be apart anymore! yayy!!

I wish you all really a wonderful life with your loved ones!

Keep in touch!

Filiz

"The truth is, you never know how strong your relationship is until it's tested. All too often, the stress of a crisis can pull a couple apart. But when you do make it through in one piece, you might just find yourselves tighter than ever."

Timeline

Oh tebrikler Filiz!! That's such wonderful news!! I hope you are feeling better soon. I'm sorry you are feeling so sick! I was the same way with this pregnancy...in fact, I haven't cooked anything in 3 months now because I just can't stand to smell the food cooking! Poor Ozzy brings food home or cooks something for the kids and himself every night. I hope it passes soon for you. Just be sure to drink...or chew on ice...or anything to keep yourself hydrated. I know it's difficult now but there's such a wonderful reward at the end of the journey! :star:

(L)

Tanya

Merhaba herkese,

Sorry for not writing in a while..I have been sick for 2 weeks..I have been exhausted, my stomach is too bad..I think you can guess what is happening to me :) I took home pregnancy test 2 times..result is positive..I was very suprised when i figured out i might be a pregnant :) I know it is early to give this news but i couldn't stop myself to share with you..My hubby is taking me under his health insurance, so we'll go to the doctor soon..Baby should be 5 weeks now..I felt unprepared..i didn't do even any research..didn't take folic acid or something... also i have morning sickness that lasts all day.. I can't get in the kitchen make something to eat..Hope this ends soon.. I can't believe i am being a mother! :) Insallah everything goes well..It will be a Christmas baby :)

Erica! Finally you are home with your hubby..Congrats! I am so happy for you guys..Can't wait to see the wedding pics. Sibel..It is great to hear that you took such a nice vacation..I have a theory..I think if you don't think ap anymore your hubby will be here sooner :) Tanya I wish you a wonderful vac in Turkey..I already miss it so much! Julia I wish you best of luck with the job and yes it is a great idea to live in a warmer place..Albany will be too cold next winter :) and wendy it is really so exciting to see him after a long time and now you won't be apart anymore! yayy!!

I wish you all really a wonderful life with your loved ones!

Keep in touch!

Filiz

ROC Journey:

MeandOzzy.jpg

Filiz, Congratulations!!! I am sorry you are feeling sick :(

Tanya, I am glad you continue to feel better and are looking forward to your trip to Turkey. It sounds wonderful!!

Thank you both for the good wishes! I can't believe I will see him in just 2 days!!!

Erika, sorry to hear you have not been well!! I hope you are feeling better soon, we are all anxious to hear your stories and see your pictures!! :)

Sibel, I agree with Filiz, when you are preoccupied with something else, what you have been waiting for seems to come faster. I am glad you enjoyed your vacation, just what you needed. You are in all our prayers!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend :)

Love,

Wendy and Yilmaz

06/2005 - Met in the U.S.

3/26/07 - Mailed I-129F

3/28/07 - Vermont Received

3/29/07 - NOA1

3/30/07 - Check cashed

4/03/07 - "Touched"

4/11/07 - Approved, NOA 2 mailed via snail mail

4/18/07 - NVC received approved I-129F petition

5/02/07 - Fiance received Packet 3

5/22/07 - Mailed I-134 and supporting evidence to Fiance

5/25/07 - I-134 papers arrive in Turkey to SO via UPS

5/29/07 - Packet 3 sent to American Embassy in Turkey

6/02/07 - Packet 4 received by fiance

7/16/07 - Interview in Ankara at 9:45 am

7/16/07 - Visa denied because of a previous overstay in US, must file I-601 waiver

8/16/07 - Delivered I-601 papers to US Embassy in Ankara

12/28/07 - Fourth visit to Turkey

11/22/08 - Still waiting on I-601 Waiver (16 months)

12/23/08 - Yilmaz received approval letter for his waiver in mail!!!

03/18/09 - 2nd IV interview in Ankara

03/18/09 - Visa approved. Will be sent via UPS to his home address

03/25/09 - Received visa at home address

04/18/09 - Arrival in U.S.!!!!!!

05/21/09 - Married on the beach in Hawaii

07/12/09 - Mailed AOS papers via FedEX

7/18/09 - NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

7/30/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

8/19/09 - Biometrics appointment @ 11 AM---COMPLETED

8/30/09 - AP approved (recieved 2 hard copies in mail on 9/5/09)

9/08/09 - EAD card received in the mail

10/16/09 - Touch from CSC

11/09/09 - Card production ordered

10/05/11 - Filed Removal of Conditions

07/31/12 - Removal of conditions APPROVED, card issued

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Congratulations Filiz! All your dreams are finally coming true! :star:

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

Congratulations Filiz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wishing Wendy a wonderful reunion!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Tanya!! Glad youre hanging in there!!

Wow...everyone's getting pregnant now- :lol: Hope I am next!! I am better thanks, but still not 100% We went to get Hamit's SSN, but of course as VJ predicted they did not understand the concept of K-1 and eligibility to obtain a SSN without an EAD.....what did you all do? Or did you come across more intelligent SSA staff than I? I was pissed...he wouldn't even listen to me....sigh I am tired.....

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Timeline

Congratulations on your pregnancy Filiz! That is so exciting! I hope that you surpass the morning sickness soon and can start enjoying your pregnancy. Cok tebrikler!

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"

Hi Julia,

I forgot to mention good luck to you in the job search or move, whatever you decide to do :)

Have a wonderful weekend!!

06/2005 - Met in the U.S.

3/26/07 - Mailed I-129F

3/28/07 - Vermont Received

3/29/07 - NOA1

3/30/07 - Check cashed

4/03/07 - "Touched"

4/11/07 - Approved, NOA 2 mailed via snail mail

4/18/07 - NVC received approved I-129F petition

5/02/07 - Fiance received Packet 3

5/22/07 - Mailed I-134 and supporting evidence to Fiance

5/25/07 - I-134 papers arrive in Turkey to SO via UPS

5/29/07 - Packet 3 sent to American Embassy in Turkey

6/02/07 - Packet 4 received by fiance

7/16/07 - Interview in Ankara at 9:45 am

7/16/07 - Visa denied because of a previous overstay in US, must file I-601 waiver

8/16/07 - Delivered I-601 papers to US Embassy in Ankara

12/28/07 - Fourth visit to Turkey

11/22/08 - Still waiting on I-601 Waiver (16 months)

12/23/08 - Yilmaz received approval letter for his waiver in mail!!!

03/18/09 - 2nd IV interview in Ankara

03/18/09 - Visa approved. Will be sent via UPS to his home address

03/25/09 - Received visa at home address

04/18/09 - Arrival in U.S.!!!!!!

05/21/09 - Married on the beach in Hawaii

07/12/09 - Mailed AOS papers via FedEX

7/18/09 - NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

7/30/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

8/19/09 - Biometrics appointment @ 11 AM---COMPLETED

8/30/09 - AP approved (recieved 2 hard copies in mail on 9/5/09)

9/08/09 - EAD card received in the mail

10/16/09 - Touch from CSC

11/09/09 - Card production ordered

10/05/11 - Filed Removal of Conditions

07/31/12 - Removal of conditions APPROVED, card issued

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Congrats & best wishes, Filiz! :star: Very exciting!

I wish you a HH9M (happy, healthy nine months). Morning sickness sucks, but IMO it's a good indicator of a strong and thriving LO (little one). Don't worry about being unprepared. I think most pregnancies begin this way. LOL But, do start taking the vitamins now because the 1st trimester is most critical in terms of fetal development.

Keep us posted!

Merhaba herkese,

Filiz

Timeline
Congratulations Filiz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wishing Wendy a wonderful reunion!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Tanya!! Glad youre hanging in there!!

Wow...everyone's getting pregnant now- :lol: Hope I am next!! I am better thanks, but still not 100% We went to get Hamit's SSN, but of course as VJ predicted they did not understand the concept of K-1 and eligibility to obtain a SSN without an EAD.....what did you all do? Or did you come across more intelligent SSA staff than I? I was pissed...he wouldn't even listen to me....sigh I am tired.....

Keep trying at the SS office. Ask to speak to the manager if need be. We got puzzled looks too as if no one had ever heard of a K1 visa before... :rolleyes: but fortunately we finally got a person who knew what was up. Unless his I-94 card is stamped as eligible for employment (it probably isn't unless you came through JFK airport in New York), he should be eligibe for a SS# that is not valid for employment (until after his EAD is approved) but can be used for other things (for example, in our state, you can't get a driver's permit/license without a SS#). Good luck. I know they are a PITA.

Thanks! Yes I feel so much better & have so much more energy now that I can eat again!! :pop:

~Tanya

ROC Journey:

MeandOzzy.jpg

Filed: P-2 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Tekrar merhaba,

Thank you very much all for your good wishes..I can't wait to feel good again and start to enjoy my pregnancy.. My health insurance works now, we'll go to the doctor on Monday. Yes I haven't taken any vitamine most importantly folic acid that really makes me worry.. i won't feel good unless the doctor says all is well and gives me vitamine.. After doctor we'll share the news with my husband's family.. It will be the first grandchild in the family :)

I wish you all the best of luck on what you wish..

I think taking a walk a great idea right now :) ta ta for now!

"The truth is, you never know how strong your relationship is until it's tested. All too often, the stress of a crisis can pull a couple apart. But when you do make it through in one piece, you might just find yourselves tighter than ever."

Timeline

ErikaAndHamit,

It was explained to me at our local office that in order to be issued an SSN as a K1 visa holder, it must be applied for after entering the country but before marriage. After getting married the K1 visa no longer applies and you have to wait until the EAD card is received. We found that out too late because we were already married when we went to the office to apply for the SSN. Sure enough, we took my wife's EAD card to the office the same day she received it and we weren't there more than 10 minutes before the SSN was ordered. We were kicking ourselves for like 5 months for not visiting the Social Security office first :)

September 11, 2007 - Sent I-129F to CSC

September 12, 2007 - I-129F delivered to CSC

September 26, 2007 - Official date of receipt on NOA1

September 29, 2007 - Received NOA1 via snail mail

October 2, 2007 - Touched

February 20, 2008 - Touched/Approval date on NOA2

February 21, 2008 - Touched

February 26, 2008 - NOA2 via snail mail - Approved!

February 28, 2008 - NVC received file/NVC sent file to Ankara

March 4, 2008 - DHL delivered to embassy

March 21, 2008 - Packet 3 received

March 31, 2008 - Packet 3 sent to embassy

April 4, 2008 - Packet 4 received

May 28, 2008 - Medical appointment

June 3, 2008 - Scheduled interview date was 23rd. Asked for a closer date and was given the 3rd instead.

June 3, 2008 - Interview was successful and K1 is approved!

June 9, 2008 - Visa in hand.

August 2, 2008 - Our wedding party

August 12, 2008 - POE Miami

August 20, 2008 - Legal US wedding

December 8, 2008 - Sent AOS packet to USCIS

May 4, 2009 - Interview day - Approved!

June 23, 2009 - Green card received.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.