Mina76

Just Turkish

1,923 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
that may not be why, juliaferno. I lean with the name match or perhaps a delay, due to a name match, somewhere in the series background checks. Or, is he of Iranian background? I've heard Iranians have different/lengthier security checks.

My DH lived in Cyprus for a very long time. He and his family have dual citizenship. He attended the university there as well as fulfilled his military obligations there.

In term of traveling, he's been all over the world and lived/studied in South Africa for a time. He even went to Syria (a country on our watch list) for business while we waited for our visa interview date. But, with that said, we emailed the embassy before he went and asked "permission". The trip did come up at the interview when they flipped through his passport, but knowing that he consulted with the embassy beforehand, they were okay with it.

whatever the hold up, I hope it will not take too much longer. It's hard enough waiting w/o AP!

GL and please keep us all posted!

You are right that it might be leaving the country. He lived and studied in Cyprus for 2 years and we traveled to Cyprus together this time last year when I was living with him in Turkey.

I did not know you needed a permission to visit Syria.It is not like Cuba where the US government limits the freedom of travel of its own citizens.There is a US embassy in Syria. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi visited Syria last year with a group of US politicians.

I am now a US citizen.

t1283610_made-in-china-american-flag.jpg

pride_logo_275px.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Permission is not required but since we were waiting for a US perm resident visa interview, imagine that particular passport travel stamp may of raised a red flag with the consulate had we not inquired beforehand. That is why I said "permission"

Here's the link to the US Dept of State info about this country.

and I quote one part of the country profile info:

"A number of terrorist groups that oppose U.S. policies have offices in Syria. Since 1979, the United States has designated Syria a State Sponsor of Terrorism due to its support for organizations such as Hizbollah, Hamas, and Palestinian Islamic Jihad. In addition, other extremist groups are present in Syria. These groups have the potential to be either the targets of or perpetrators of acts of violence."

Best to err on the side of caution.

I did not know you needed a permission to visit Syria.It is not like Cuba where the US government limits the freedom of travel of its own citizens.There is a US embassy in Syria. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi visited Syria last year with a group of US politicians.
Edited by awaterlily

Timeline

For clarification, are we talking about TRNCyprus or Greek side Cyprus?

Under the assumption you are referrring to TRNC, immigration would not accept any info, except the miltary fulfillment, from my DH in relation to that country because it is not recognised as a country by any other country except for Turkey. (can read up on it on the US Dept of State website)

But with that said, still, remember, a police clearance certificate is required of every country any sponsored immigrant has ever lived since the age of 16. Many immigrants have lived in more than one place and sail through the visa process w/o having to be subjected to AP hell.

So, again, at the core of it, I doubt it's about the country. It's about security clearance checks (name hits, security check process delays, etc) and perhaps, currently, that specific country has backlog on checks.

Anyway, my point was merely that my DH lived there, too and did not get AP.

Again, hope he gets through AP quickly so that you can be together! GL!! :star:

Yes - it wouldn't make sense that he would be in AP because he lived in Cyprus, especially because he obtained his police clearance certificate from the Cypriot embassy. It is probably a name hit...we do know that it is security clearance checks. He is not of Iranian decent, nor does he have an Islamic name.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
Permission is not required but since we were waiting for a US perm resident visa interview, imagine that particular passport travel stamp may of raised a red flag with the consulate had we not inquired beforehand. That is why I said "permission"

Here's the link to the US Dept of State info about this country.

and I quote one part of the country profile info:

"A number of terrorist groups that oppose U.S. policies have offices in Syria. Since 1979, the United States has designated Syria a State Sponsor of Terrorism due to its support for organizations such as Hizbollah, Hamas, and Palestinian Islamic Jihad. In addition, other extremist groups are present in Syria. These groups have the potential to be either the targets of or perpetrators of acts of violence."

Best to err on the side of caution.

I see what you mean.I understand.

However I do not want to.

Land of the free..what happened to it?

I am now a US citizen.

t1283610_made-in-china-american-flag.jpg

pride_logo_275px.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Yes--Julia and I have been trying to figure out for months the reason for AP and we can not figure it out. Muhammet's interview went very smootly according to him and the lady even told him how much evidence he had of our relationship and commented that I had visited him a lot in Turkey and that he should go and visit me. #######?? If it is name checks--why? Why Onur and Muhammet and not others? I mean we have rationalized where both of them are from, military versus non-military, college versus no college, married versus engaged, Muslim name vesus Turkish name, travel, you name it. I wish somebody could tell us what triggers AP. And neither one of them is from Iranian heritage, so that is not it either. Julia and I are baffled. We are also wondering why it has taken so long. Both of our significant others were told at the embassy it would take 2 weeks.

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline
Yes--Julia and I have been trying to figure out for months the reason for AP and we can not figure it out. Muhammet's interview went very smootly according to him and the lady even told him how much evidence he had of our relationship and commented that I had visited him a lot in Turkey and that he should go and visit me. #######?? If it is name checks--why? Why Onur and Muhammet and not others? I mean we have rationalized where both of them are from, military versus non-military, college versus no college, married versus engaged, Muslim name vesus Turkish name, travel, you name it. I wish somebody could tell us what triggers AP. And neither one of them is from Iranian heritage, so that is not it either. Julia and I are baffled. We are also wondering why it has taken so long. Both of our significant others were told at the embassy it would take 2 weeks.

Hi Sibel,

I am so sorry this is happening to you and Julia, I have no idea myself as to why they would put Muhammet and Onur on AP.

Have you tried to email the embassy directly to inquire as to why this is taking so long especially after they had told him it would take 2 weeks? I would also try contacting my local congressman and have him inquire too as others have mentioned here on VJ.

Ohh I do hope both guys hear something soon, believe me we are all waiting along with you and dying to see all of you approved and together soon! You are all still in my thoughts and prayers, GOD Bless! (F)

1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif avatar_ani_050.gifSOON TO BE HAPPILY DIVORCED! avatar_ani_052.gif 1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif

Timeline

I agree with Mina, contact your congressman ASAP...Your Congressman can find out where you are in the process and make sure Homeland Security is doing their job...Stay on top of them very closely...make an appointment at your local office and keep a diary of every conversation. http://www.house.gov/ (((type your zip code in uper left area)))

We did use our Congressman several times throughout our process and got results fast. He also called us after Candemir received his Green card to make sure we were doing well. ;-) VERY NICE PERSON.!

So sorry for your guys! Our thoughts are with you.

Wish you all the best.

Debra

I was looking around in my old folder on links and so forth when we were going thru the process....I dont know if these are still in effect so please know this.

FBI Fingerprint Status (304) 625-2000

FBI Name Check Status (Main Line) (202) 324-3625

FBI NNCP Public Inquiry Voice Line (202) 324 2399

FBI Name Check Inquiry Fax (202) 324-3367 (Mention Name/DOB/A#/Ph#/Addr#/Email/Fax)

FBI NNCP Analyst Diane Berger – (202) 324 0680 (Do not nag the analysts)

FBI NNCP Supervisor Renee Morton – Call the FBI main line and ask for this person.

FOIPA Contact Person Debbie Beatty (202) 324 6182

FOIPA Fax Inquiry (202)-324-3752

William L Hooton

Assistant Director, Records Management Division

Federal Bureau of Investigation

Room 11703

935 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W

Washington DC 20535-0001

http://foia.fbi.gov/privacy_request.pdf

FBI NNCP (National Name Check Process) email address..

FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov

[1] Mr. Andrew C. Kotval, Deputy of The Coordination Division (202)-663-1196

[2] FBI NNCP Supervisor Renee Morton – Call the FBI main line (202) 324-3625 and ask for this person.

[3] Wilson, Vincent R. (202) 663-1235 - He works in the VO/P/I, The Public Liaison Division.

[4] FOIPA Contact Person Debbie Beatty (202) 324 6182

[5] FBI NNCP Analyst Diane Berger – (202) 324 0680 (Do not nag the analysts)

[6] State department [Lauren, Jackie & Racquel] (202) 663 1225 < 1, 1 ,4, 1, 0 > options

[7] FBI NNCP Public Inquiry Voice Line (202) 324 2399

Timeline

quote name='internetkafe' post='2274385' date='Oct 4 2008, 11:47 AM']I did not know you needed a permission to visit Syria.It is not like Cuba where the US government limits the freedom of travel of its own citizens.There is a US embassy in Syria. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi visited Syria last year with a group of US politicians.

I see what you mean.I understand.

However I do not want to.

Land of the free..what happened to it?

1 simple word happened.

((( GOVERNMENT ))) ::::: and a Corrupt one at that.

It's been a Long time internetkafe, nice to see you post ;-) How is your family? Say Hello to Justine for me ;-)

Take care,

Debra

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Oh trust me--I have e-mailed the embassy every week, called DOS every week, contacted both of my senators and congressman 4 times each, I even tried Secretary of State and Vice President, all I have gotten was sorry for the inconvenience but it is multiple agencies involved. Please check our website and send passport when your case number appears. Lots of since 9/11 blah blah blah and we need to make sure the U.S. borders are safe and citizens are protected.

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

Timeline

That's interesting. We received nothing but help, many phone calls to make sure we were ok and always a call back when he said he would.

InshAllah we came thru quickly. My heart feels your pain.

Have you made a info pass appointment?...I think you should keep on them ALL, calling weekly.

I see you did try many branches of this fine government..... :whistle: sure they could not help....Just makes me sick. Yes we do need protection..

from within.!

Enough from me.

I wish you all the best and Pray you come thru so quickly....for all those in AP. (F)

Oh trust me--I have e-mailed the embassy every week, called DOS every week, contacted both of my senators and congressman 4 times each, I even tried Secretary of State and Vice President, all I have gotten was sorry for the inconvenience but it is multiple agencies involved. Please check our website and send passport when your case number appears. Lots of since 9/11 blah blah blah and we need to make sure the U.S. borders are safe and citizens are protected.

Timeline

Debra! Long time no see. :star:

That's interesting. We received nothing but help, many phone calls to make sure we were ok and always a call back when he said he would.

InshAllah we came thru quickly. My heart feels your pain.

Have you made a info pass appointment?...I think you should keep on them ALL, calling weekly.

I see you did try many branches of this fine government..... :whistle: sure they could not help....Just makes me sick. Yes we do need protection..

from within.!

Enough from me.

I wish you all the best and Pray you come thru so quickly....for all those in AP. (F)

Edited by awaterlily

Timeline

Debra! Long time no see. :star:

How are you?

:whistle: I know...and I feel so bad about not having so much time any more, pardon me. We have sooOOoo much going on in our lives right now...business, house buying and now I also have my own little business on the side and I am also working full time still...InshAllah all is as it is.

Also my attitude down right sucks now days.....I am So upset with our economy, government, war, etc, etc, etc.... and its an election year if that really matters. I am so sadden over the issues going on in this world....it’s a heart issue. So if I make a few posts that are so negative, please forgive me.

I might have said it a few times but your baby...Oh... çok güzel....çok güzel.!!!!! (L)

It seems as if it was yesterday she was born, time goes too quickly.

It was also nice to see a post from internetkafe....is been a long time...nice to see you here.

Praying for everyone to come together so very quickly (F)(F)(F)

Timeline

We are doing well. As like you, very busy. And, we're still waiting for the 10 yr card approval. It looks like VSC has about a 10 processing time due to the TSC backlog transfers. Hopefully, we'll have the card next month or early Dec. *Xing fingers*

Sry to hear your feeling a little down. Certainly these current events are effecting everyone in one way or another. Hopefully we will see a turnaround soon.

Our little one is growing up fast. Hard to believe she's almost a year and a half!

I hope these can cheer you up. Enjoy! :star: oh, and, congrats on buying a house! Very exciting! :yes:

91108009.jpg

yso9908c.jpg

farm010.jpg

How are you?

:whistle: I know...and I feel so bad about not having so much time any more, pardon me. We have sooOOoo much going on in our lives right now...business, house buying and now I also have my own little business on the side and I am also working full time still...InshAllah all is as it is.

Also my attitude down right sucks now days.....I am So upset with our economy, government, war, etc, etc, etc.... and its an election year if that really matters. I am so sadden over the issues going on in this world....it's a heart issue. So if I make a few posts that are so negative, please forgive me.

I might have said it a few times but your baby...Oh... çok güzel....çok güzel.!!!!! (L)

It was also nice to see a post from internetkafe....is been a long time...nice to see you here.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Your daughter is beautiful awaterlily!

I always wonder what my and Onur's children are going to look like - will they have brown hair like me, or his jet-black hair? My green eyes or his brown eyes? My little nose or his not-so-little nose? hehe. I am sure they will be beautiful no matter what, but I like to daydream about it. Thanks for sharing your pictures! :)

Edited by JULIAFERNO

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"

Timeline
How are you?

Also my attitude down right sucks now days.....I am So upset with our economy, government, war, etc, etc, etc.... and its an election year if that really matters. I am so sadden over the issues going on in this world....it's a heart issue. So if I make a few posts that are so negative, please forgive me.

Hi Debra,

It has been a long time since we have seen you here on VJ, How are you, hubby and the girls doing?

It's nice to read about your new future home, I hope it will be possible for us too when Coskun returns to the USA and maybe we can also start looking for a new house too! Also Best of Luck on your new business, hope it will be very successful! :star:

I am sorry to hear you are not feeling yourself because of all that is going on with our world, Trust GOD, there is a reason for everything that is happening around us and he will always be with you! (F)

And don't worry about posting anything that is negative, we are here for you too. I remember how you were always there for me when I was first stressing this whole immigrations process and thought to stop coming to this VJ site because I couldn't handle it anymore!!! :cry:

I am glad now that I didn't go otherwise I would not have met all the other wonderful girls of our Turkish group Debra, Wendy, Julia, Tanya, awaterlily, Sibel and a few others missing here now, I love you guys!!! :wub:

GOD Bless and hope we hear something soon for all on AP!!!

1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif avatar_ani_050.gifSOON TO BE HAPPILY DIVORCED! avatar_ani_052.gif 1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.