sarah and hicham

translated birth certificate for Casablanca interview

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

For those of you who have already had or will soon have your interviews in Morocco. They need to have their birth certificates translated into English right? Did your fiances/husbands get them translated in Morocco and if so where? I'm wondering if I should have that done here for my fiance. ALso, I was just going to translate the French part since where I am it is impossible to find someone to translate Arabic.

Any advice?

Thanks

Sarah

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Sarah!

Jamal did all in Morocco...there should not be any problems to find a place that would do it...only thing please make sure that the person is certified to provide professional transaltions ...you should be good..

Dorothy

Another thought...if you search back posts I remember that one of the ladies have posted few certified translators...but it should be pretty easy to find someone in his city...

D.

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Timeline

Thanks Dorothy...

Also I typed up a paper for whever is translating that says that they are certified to translate and fluent in French, English, and Arabic. Should I send that to Hicham so he can take it with him when he gets his birth certificate translated or will they have a stamp or something saying they are certified?

Thanks again...

Sarah

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi Sarah,

I just had my interview recently & had translations done in rabat at this certified translator:

Aziz Bouslamti, 31 Rue Abda, Aviation, Rabat. tel:037-75-42-58.

Btw,at the consulate, they took both original BC & police record in addition to original translations.

goodluck :thumbs:

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

08/26/08 filling date

08/27/08 NOA1

09/12/08 Notice for BIO

10/01/08 BIO

02/04/09 RFE received

02/20/09 RFE mailed

03/03/09 APPROVED

03/16/09 NEW CARD RECEIVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey Sarah,

I have the info for the certified translator Said used in Casa (or maybe it was Rabat?) - Anyway, if you want it also, let me know... I remember his name is Abdel Slimi, but I have his addy and phone on the papers if you need it. Good luck. And actually, Said has the whole list of cert. translaters in all parts of Morocco, if you need a certain area, let me know, I can get the info from him pretty quickly. :)

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My Jamal also had his birth certificate and other papers translated in Rabat. It should not be too difficult for your Hicham. Wishing ya'll the best.

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Timeline

hi sarah,

he just has to go to court (marriages part) ask some ADOUL, he would send him to some translator, because the translator must be agreed from american or diplomatic stuff(consulate-embassy...) ,am from marrakesh, if your fiancé marrakeshi too then that's fine i could tell him where to translate his documents

here are prices:

passport ---150 DH

B.certificate----100DH

affidavit of celibacy----100 DH

police record-----100 DH

of course both french-english or arabic-english .

best of luck

carrie and simo

I LOVE you my sweetheart now, tomorrow, forever and lonnnnnnnnnger than forever..

Timeline

Thanks very much everyone... but I am a little confused now

Does he need to go to a courthouse to get everything translated or can he just go to one of the certified translaters like the one listed above? I don't quite understand this part: " because the translator must be agreed from american or diplomatic stuff(consulate-embassy...)" will any certified translator meet this requirement? I'm sure I'm making this more confusing than it has to be.

Thanks everyone

Sarah

Timeline

he can go to a courthouse to get a list of certified translators. The translator has to be certified by both the moroccan government & the US embassy.

Btw simo, I just had my interview & I didnt get neither translations of passport nor affidative of celebrity with me.They only took the BC & police records with translations, didn't even wanna take my work or banking statements.

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

08/26/08 filling date

08/27/08 NOA1

09/12/08 Notice for BIO

10/01/08 BIO

02/04/09 RFE received

02/20/09 RFE mailed

03/03/09 APPROVED

Timeline

thank you Carrie, & hope Simo's interview goes well.

Wish you all the best, & if you have any questions regarding the interview, I will be very pleased to help.

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

08/26/08 filling date

08/27/08 NOA1

09/12/08 Notice for BIO

10/01/08 BIO

02/04/09 RFE received

02/20/09 RFE mailed

03/03/09 APPROVED

Timeline

thank you very much KML ,yes i know they would not take that but i prefer to get it with me, i wonna get EVERYTHING with me, specially celibacy certificate as carrie and i have fiancé rings, so i don't want them to think we're married when they will see the ring in my hand.

best of luck kml.

carrie and simo

I LOVE you my sweetheart now, tomorrow, forever and lonnnnnnnnnger than forever..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.