7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We got the biggest scare yesterday.....Ahmed got a call from DHL said we had package from Embassy. He asked guy if it was big or little package and the guy said big. So we thought the Embassy had returned out Packet 3 as being not complete. I could not imagine what we had left out. :wacko: Anyway, it turns out they took what they wanted or needed from the package and returned the rest. So I thought I would share so the rest of you would not include what they returned to us.

They returned:

1. All our proof of ongoing relationship:

Pics

Msn logs

Skype logs

Emails

Our new Intent to marry letters

2. Some of our AOS Proof:

My Pay Stubs

My Bank Letter

My Social Security Earning Record

My letter from Air Force Pension

3. General stuff:

My cover letter I wrote

My approval Notice from USCIS

Now let me share what they kept that I sent:

The AOS

The two years of Tax returns

My letter from my current boss

My letter from my Employer

His Original Passport

His Birth Certificate with translation

His Military Certificate with translation

His Police History with translation

His DS 156

His DS 156-k

His DS 157

We attached Two passport pics to his Visa application and sent two extra just in case....and they kept all passport pics

Well that about covers it. The package they returned had no letter .....no explaination......nothing. They just took what they wanted and returned the rest for his interview. They were not interested in proof of our ongoing relationship at this time. We thought more was better to be safe than sorry. But Cairo was not thinking the same. I hope this helps you that are about to file your Packet 3. Take Care!!! Good Luck!!!!

Cheryl

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

The items they sent back are the things you bring TO the interview...not mail back with the P3.

Im not understanding the AOS thing. You do that later once he is here and you both are married. Are you referring to the I-134 ?

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline
The items they sent back are the things you bring TO the interview...not mail back with the P3.

Im not understanding the AOS thing. You do that later once he is here and you both are married. Are you referring to the I-134 ?

Yes The Affidavit of Support I-134 is AOS I mean not Adjustment of Status. Sorry for abbreviating.

Yes that is what we thought but we read somewhere to include it so we did to be safe than sorry. Now we know for sure they don't want it.

Cheryl

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Cheryl,

Have your SO take with him to the interview everything that was sent back, just in case.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline
We got the biggest scare yesterday.....Ahmed got a call from DHL said we had package from Embassy. He asked guy if it was big or little package and the guy said big. So we thought the Embassy had returned out Packet 3 as being not complete. I could not imagine what we had left out. :wacko: Anyway, it turns out they took what they wanted or needed from the package and returned the rest. So I thought I would share so the rest of you would not include what they returned to us.

They returned:

1. All our proof of ongoing relationship:

Pics

Msn logs

Skype logs

Emails

Our new Intent to marry letters

2. Some of our AOS Proof:

My Pay Stubs

My Bank Letter

My Social Security Earning Record

My letter from Air Force Pension

3. General stuff:

My cover letter I wrote

My approval Notice from USCIS

Now let me share what they kept that I sent:

The AOS

The two years of Tax returns

My letter from my current boss

My letter from my Employer

His Original Passport

His Birth Certificate with translation

His Military Certificate with translation

His Police History with translation

His DS 156

His DS 156-k

His DS 157

We attached Two passport pics to his Visa application and sent two extra just in case....and they kept all passport pics

Well that about covers it. The package they returned had no letter .....no explaination......nothing. They just took what they wanted and returned the rest for his interview. They were not interested in proof of our ongoing relationship at this time. We thought more was better to be safe than sorry. But Cairo was not thinking the same. I hope this helps you that are about to file your Packet 3. Take Care!!! Good Luck!!!!

Cheryl

I forgot his sealed medical report they kept it too. and the AOS is affidavit of Support the I-134 not Adjustment of status.

Cheryl

Timeline
Cheryl,

Have your SO take with him to the interview everything that was sent back, just in case.

Yes Thanks Nagishkaw that is what I told him.......Keep it together and take with him to the interview.

Cheryl

Timeline
Cheryl,

Oh yeah, most definatly have him take those back to the interview. They can ask for anything.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.