United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

[ADDRESS

OF YOUR

SERVICE CENTER]

[DATE]

Nature of the submission: I-130 ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed please find my Form I-130, Petition for Alien Spouse for [bENEFICIARY NAME], and supporting documents.

Contents include: etc. etc...

Paul and I have decided that either A. our package never made it to Chicago and got lost in the mail, or B. USCIS did recieve the package and the dumb post office tracking website is wrong and it's not being returned to sender after all. Since we have absolutely no way of knowing which scenario happened, we intend on cancelling our money order and resubmitting our whole package again.

Now, my question is in the case of Scenario B., can this second new package still be considered "ORIGINAL SUBMISSION" ? I was unsure of what 'original submission' meant in the first place when we used it in our first cover letter for our first package, but I'm wondering now if we should still put 'original submission' in the cover letter of our new package since it's technically not an original submission. Does anyone know what "original submission" means anyway, and if it's relevent in this case and we should leave it out of the cover letter for our new package?

Also, I'm considering writing a letter to go along with our new package explaining what happened and why they might find two petitions for the same person (one with a valid money order, one without) Is this letter of explanation a good idea? Do they even care?

Thanks to everyone who's been helping us so far!

OH MA GOD! I just noticed something else we may have made a mistake on. Where it says "address of service centre" we put the Chicago Lockbox address because that's where we're sending it to. Should we have put the address for Nebraska, since that's our "service centre" (Paul's in Ohio)?

This is the sample cover letter that can be found in the guides section of VJ

Cover Letter

[PETITIONER

ADDRESS]

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

[ADDRESS

OF YOUR

SERVICE CENTER]

[DATE]

Nature of the submission: I-130 ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed please find my Form I-130, Petition for Alien Spouse for [bENEFICIARY NAME], and supporting documents.

Contents include: etc. etc...

Paul and I have decided that either A. our package never made it to Chicago and got lost in the mail, or B. USCIS did recieve the package and the dumb post office tracking website is wrong and it's not being returned to sender after all. Since we have absolutely no way of knowing which scenario happened, we intend on cancelling our money order and resubmitting our whole package again.

Now, my question is in the case of Scenario B., can this second new package still be considered "ORIGINAL SUBMISSION" ? I was unsure of what 'original submission' meant in the first place when we used it in our first cover letter for our first package, but I'm wondering now if we should still put 'original submission' in the cover letter of our new package since it's technically not an original submission. Does anyone know what "original submission" means anyway, and if it's relevent in this case and we should leave it out of the cover letter for our new package?

Also, I'm considering writing a letter to go along with our new package explaining what happened and why they might find two petitions for the same person (one with a valid money order, one without) Is this letter of explanation a good idea? Do they even care?

Thanks to everyone who's been helping us so far!

OH MA GOD! I just noticed something else we may have made a mistake on. Where it says "address of service centre" we put the Chicago Lockbox address because that's where we're sending it to. Should we have put the address for Nebraska, since that's our "service centre" (Paul's in Ohio)?

Your package went in at the busiest time of the year for the USPS. I think you should wait another week to see if the package comes back. If not use either the Lockbox address without the +4 zip code, or CSC since NSC hasn't been processing these since March of last year.

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

What Service Center was filed at? Nebraska transferred to California

Provide dates for the following:

I-130 sent (Mailed)..........................3-12-07

1st NOA (Receipt Notice) .................3-29-07

2nd NOA (Approval Notice) e-mail.....6-15-07

Bill for I-864 processing fee rcd and sent..7-24-07

I-864 Packet Received......................8-18-07

I-864 Mailed to NV............................8-20-07

Bill for DS-230 received....................8-29-07

Payment for DS-230 sent..................8-30-07

DS-230 Packet received..................10-25-07

DS-230 Packet sent to NVC..............10-29-07

Case Completed..............................11-16-07

Case Forwarded to Embassy.............11-30-07

Packet recieved from NVC................12-07-07

Medical complete...............................1-04-08

Leave for Manila................................1-19-08

Interview and approval......................1-22-08

Visa in Hand .....................................1-24-08

Arrived in USA...................................3-19-08

Filed: Timeline
Your package went in at the busiest time of the year for the USPS. I think you should wait another week to see if the package comes back. If not use either the Lockbox address without the +4 zip code, or CSC since NSC hasn't been processing these since March of last year.

Does that mean that Nebraska is no longer the "sevice centre" for Ohio, and the other states, if you want to file a I-130?

Also, is California like a 'default' service centre? What about Vermont?

Thanks!

Does that mean that Nebraska is no longer the "sevice centre" for Ohio, and the other states, if you want to file a I-130?

Also, is California like a 'default' service centre? What about Vermont?

Thanks!

California is the service center to use for residents of Ohio. I'm from Ohio to and we sent our app mid March and it got transferred to CSC when USCIS started with centers specializing more. Only CSC and VSC process I-130 apps now. CSC is where your app will be adjucated once it's scanned and entered, then sent back electronically from Chicago.

Out of curiosity, your timeline shows the I-130 sent to Nebraska in July. Is the app to Chicago a 2nd try?

Edited by rjp44

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

Filed: Timeline
California is the service center to use for residents of Ohio. I'm from Ohio to and we sent our app mid March and it got transferred to CSC when USCIS started with centers specializing more. Only CSC and VSC process I-130 apps now. CSC is where your app will be adjucated once it's scanned and entered, then sent back electronically from Chicago.

Out of curiosity, your timeline shows the I-130 sent to Nebraska in July. Is the app to Chicago a 2nd try?

July? I think you might have us mixed up with another couple. Here's our timeline:

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2007-06-22 <---- June 22 got hitched

I-130 Sent : 2007-12-11 <----- ATTEMPTED to file at Chicago Lockbox, "return to sender", no clue where package is now...

Thanks for your help! I guess I'll be changing that from Nebraska to California then.

PS -- When Paul and I drive down to Mississippi to visit his grampa, going through Cinnci is always my favourite part of the drive! I love all the hills and the bridges!

July? I think you might have us mixed up with another couple. Here's our timeline:

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2007-06-22 <---- June 22 got hitched

I-130 Sent : 2007-12-11 <----- ATTEMPTED to file at Chicago Lockbox, "return to sender", no clue where package is now...

Thanks for your help! I guess I'll be changing that from Nebraska to California then.

PS -- When Paul and I drive down to Mississippi to visit his grampa, going through Cinnci is always my favourite part of the drive! I love all the hills and the bridges!

Sorry, I looked at your marriage date instead of app date. I hope that seeing one person here getting his package delivered means that everyone will. I live about a 1/2 mile off I-75, so I'll wave the next time you go by.

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.