florida scot

Medical/Interview question

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My 16 year old son has his medical in London tomorrow.His interview is January 4th.

I understand the doctors are closing for the holiday week.

What is the worst that can happen if they dont have his medical results back by the time of his interview.

The screwed up thing is he still hasnt received his paperwork from NVC yet.I had to scan and email my copy.

I am flying home for the interview with him and i have a ticket for him to return with me to the states on January 13th.

This courier service that they offer at the embassy.Are there options like overnight,2 day delivery or is it just get it when you get it.

Thanks guys.

Starting to get stressed out.If can notice.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

If the Embassy do not have the medical results they will not issue the visa. They will say it is approved pending the medical, keep his passport and send it back once they receive the results.

The results reach the Embassy on the 2nd or 3rd business day after the medical examination.

The courier delivers the day after the Embassy give them your passport, normally. There is no choice other than selecting a time slot for which there is an extra charge. The courier will take contact details and call or text the night before to confirm delivery the next day.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

If the Embassy do not have the medical results they will not issue the visa. They will say it is approved pending the medical, keep his passport and send it back once they receive the results.

The results reach the Embassy on the 2nd or 3rd business day after the medical examination.

The courier delivers the day after the Embassy give them your passport, normally. There is no choice other than selecting a time slot for which there is an extra charge. The courier will take contact details and call or text the night before to confirm delivery the next day.

Thank You

Yeah they will most likely issue the 221g saying that they need additional documentation and issue the visa later. That's not a ground for a refusal. I do believe that the medical will be ready before the interview though!

Removal of conditions...

Yeah they will most likely issue the 221g saying that they need additional documentation and issue the visa later. That's not a ground for a refusal. I do believe that the medical will be ready before the interview though!

Thank you,

I hope so.There are only 3 business days from his medical till the interview on the 4th of january.I will continue to keep my fingers crossed as i have done for the last 9 months.

I cant believe they are closing down for an entire week.

Good luck to anyone who has a early Jan interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.