babytiger

Affidavit of Support Question

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok So I've been reading the forums for a while now and our interview date is fast approaching.

My situation:

I am the USC and a full time grad student with no income other than my student loans and am therefore below the poverty limits.

My sister who is married with one child is co-sponsoring my fiance.

My Questions:

1. I realize I also have to fill out the I-134 form, but do I also have to send supporting documents, and if so, what are they looking for? I'm assuming just a letter from the bank?

2. Im reading and re-reading the instructions and I see nothing about submitting tax information unless you are self employed. I didnt file taxes but my sister the cosponsor does. Where does it mention submitting tax returns?

3. My plan was to submit my I-134 form, (notarized), her I-134 form (notarized), a letter from her bank, and a letter from her employer. Am I missing something?

Perhaps Im short some brain cells but Im confused.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I-I29F timeline

May 24, 2005 - Finally completed I-129F paperwork. Whew!

May 25, 2005 - I-129F petition sent USPS Certified w/RR to

May 31, 2005 - I-129F recieved by BCIS

June 4, 2005 - Received NOA1 in the mail

Jan 5, 2006- Approval of 1-129F by email (NOA2-Finally! after additional security checks)

Early March: Sent in packet 3

April 12: Received Packet 4 with interview date

May 12: Interview Date in Montreal!

(we held off sending in DS-230 & Checklist so that we could get a May interview date)

May 12: Denied, need to file waiver.

Timeline

I don't know why this was moved to this forum.

No one can help me with these questions?

Edited by babytiger

I-I29F timeline

Jan 5, 2006- Approval of 1-129F by email (NOA2-Finally! after additional security checks)

(we held off sending in DS-230 & Checklist so that we could get a May interview date)

Filed: Other Timeline
Ok So I've been reading the forums for a while now and our interview date is fast approaching.

My situation:

I am the USC and a full time grad student with no income other than my student loans and am therefore below the poverty limits.

My Questions:

1. I realize I also have to fill out the I-134 form, but do I also have to send supporting documents, and if so, what are they looking for? I'm assuming just a letter from the bank?

2. Im reading and re-reading the instructions and I see nothing about submitting tax information unless you are self employed. I didnt file taxes but my sister the cosponsor does. Where does it mention submitting tax returns?

3. My plan was to submit my I-134 form, (notarized), her I-134 form (notarized), a letter from her bank, and a letter from her employer. Am I missing something?

My situation:

My Questions:

Thanks in advance for the help. All I can tell you is that each time I had a question I called the service center and asked when I wasn't sure .It is confusing and you want to do it right so I can understand. All I know is whoever is sposoring has to make 125% above the poverty level which I think is either 15, or 16,000 something a year. Hope this helped a little , but call them and ask to be sure.

My situation: All I can say is before you do anything call the service center with any questions.I did many times before filling out or mailing anything to avoid any delays

My Questions:

My situation:

My Questions:

Thanks in advance for the help. All I can tell you is that each time I had a question I called the service center and asked when I wasn't sure .It is confusing and you want to do it right so I can understand. All I know is whoever is sposoring has to make 125% above the poverty level which I think is either 15, or 16,000 something a year. Hope this helped a little , but call them and ask to be sure.

Timeline

mariav, there was no text in your reply, just repostings of my original post.

Edited by babytiger

I-I29F timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.