Laynie

Who Books the interview appointments for the consulate?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I read somewhere on here that the NVC books the interview appointments for the Consulates, is that true?

Because just out of curiosity I called the NVC today to see maybe if our appointment had been booked yet, and the guy I talk to said that they no longer have anything more to do with our case and that I should contact visa headquarters he gave me the number I called it but the office was closed!

Anyboby know for sure who books the appointments? Any info would be appreciated, it's more or less out of curiosity then anything else! And I'm bored of the waiting to hear from the Vancouver Consulate, I faxed in my checklist and the DS-230 part 1, on Tuesday, then followed up with an e-mail so just waiting now to hear from them!!

Have a very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year everyone! Thanks in advance!

Timeline

I'm surprised you haven't heard from them yet- I got an email back the same day after I sent them an email confirming they got my checklist. They told me I made an error- I fixed it and faxed it back. Then they sent me another email asking me to pick between 2 dates for my Interview.

Timeline
I'm surprised you haven't heard from them yet- I got an email back the same day after I sent them an email confirming they got my checklist. They told me I made an error- I fixed it and faxed it back. Then they sent me another email asking me to pick between 2 dates for my Interview.

Really what was your error, because after I faxed it I got looking at my DS-230 and noticed that I had forgot to put my fiance's name in the box for questions 10/11 so I e-mailed them back and told them that it is he who lives at that address but no i have not yet heard from them, man now you have me worried?

Do you think I should e-mail them back again? oh and what dates did you pick if you don't mind me asking? We picked the 17th or the 18th of January!

Timeline

They told me I needed to list all the place I had lived since I was 16. For the first one I wrote 1994 instead of 1984 so it didn't add up.

I wrote ASAP where it asked for date preferred. My Interview was 9 days later. I could have gone a day earlier but the 9 days was enough of a rush to get everything I needed together.

I would fix the error on the DS 230 and re fax it. I just fixed my typo with a pen and faxed it back.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.