madison925

CFO Cebu: What to be bring and What you need to know.

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

March 22, 2013, Friday, I decided to attend the CFO Guidance Counseling and Seminar even before we got my NOA2, since I was in Cebu attending my best friend's birthday.

Although some of these are unnecessary, I tried to over think and over act, because it doesn't really hurt if you bring too much.

So, I prepared the following:

· Valid Philippine Passport

With 6 months validity, have it photocopied (bio page only)

I also photocopied my US Visa before and my stamp to prove that I met my fiance.

· My NSO birth certificate

(original and photocopy)

· NBI clearance

( original and photocopy) *this is only for additional identification*

· Two valid ID

original and photocopy (Postal ID and Passport)—or any government issued ID

· Affidavit of Parental Consent for Marriage (I am 23 yrs old)

This is only for 25 years old and below, although the counselor didn't ask for this, but it's better to be prepared than sorry. I got this affidavit from an attorney, not at the local registrar since I will not get married herein the Philippines so it's okay

· CENOMAR

For K1 beneficiary, for Spousal visa, you need to have your NSO Marriage certificate and have it photocopied. Cenomar needs to be Original and photocopied, they did not ask for this also in my case but I do think it is necessary.

· Evidence of ongoing relationship.

I brought a print screened copied of Viber call logs, each month, emails (one each month) just to prove your consistency in communication

· Pictures together

I brought 3 copies with me

· Divorce Decree (if the petitioner was married before)

Bring photocopy, make sure you do not give them the original

· My petitioner's W2 and pay stub

This is not necessary, but I do believe this is one of the proof as well that your petitioner is single and also this was a great help proving that my petitioner can support me while waiting for my EAD or Green card.

· Petitioner's scanned copy of Passport's Bio page(to prove your petitioner's citizenship)

· Petitioner's Certificate of Live Birth (to prove your petitioner's citizenship)

· Php 400 fee

· Pen

What you need to know:

· It is not only 12 slots, it is 12 or 15 slots each country. I got there around 5am, I was number 8 on the line. However, I took the first slot in the US and Canada group.

· Bring money for breakfast and lunch

· Be organized.

· Know your petitioner's mom, maiden name.

· Memorize or list down your petitioner's complete address, telephone and land line number (My petitioner doesn't have a land line number I used his work phone as his land line, they wont know)

· Know your petitioner's birthday

· Know your petitioner's work

· During the seminar, the counselor seemed to overreact about her examples but the whole thing isn't the truth and each case is different,so don't go crazy and assume your relationship will go wrong in the future.

· During the one on one session, it only took us 1 minute to do it. Since I've got everything the counselor asked, in my case, I was the one who went to America, so, she said, she's confident that I can take good care of myself when I'll get back to the US to be with my fiancé. I finished around 5pm, pretty late right? But, there are a lot of breaks in between so just make friends and talk to people, it was a good trick and it was also good knowing everyone's story.

CFO Cebu Guidance Counselling isn't horrible at all but it was energy draining. As long as you've got everything they want and answer the question, straight to the point. You'll be fine.

Edited by madison925

09/27/12- Sent I-129F via UPS10/01/12- 129-F packet arrived in Texas10/03/12- NOA 1 routed to VCS10/09/12 Received hard copy of NOA 104/09/13 Received Rfe04/17/13 Replied to rfe07/16/13 NOA208/15/13 Manila Embassy Interview<p>Met in Memphis, TN

AOS

10/17/13- Sent AOS,EAD,AP

10/21/13- Noa1 (EAD and AP)

10/23/13- Noa1 (Green card)

11/19/13- Biometrics Appointment

12/1413- EAD and AP approved (card in production)

Wow!!!!..what a long tiring experience u had!...I remember when i attended CFO (Cebu), I was the 18 person to arrive, of course i arrived 8:30am and was done before 3pm..I don't it made any difference, but i was 35yrs old when i attended it for the reason of renewing my passport and changing it to my married name. I remembered that i passed some other young girls who came ahead of me.

I-130 Submitted ---- 09/16/2011

NOA 1 ---- 09/21/2011

I-130 Approved ------ 04/30/2013

NVC Case Number -- 05/14/2013

Medical Exam ------ 05/28/2013

Case Complete ------- 08/06/2013

Interview -------- 09/09/2013

Visa Arrived ---------- 10/17/2013

POE SFO ------------- 10/21/2013

Delays maybe inevitable, but misery is optional!

Timeline

I know. Although I still think it is unecassary but I had to do it, so I just did it. Yes, I believed every thing changed over the years.

09/27/12- Sent I-129F via UPS10/01/12- 129-F packet arrived in Texas10/03/12- NOA 1 routed to VCS10/09/12 Received hard copy of NOA 104/09/13 Received Rfe04/17/13 Replied to rfe07/16/13 NOA208/15/13 Manila Embassy Interview<p>Met in Memphis, TN

AOS

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

CFO Cebu didn't ask for copies of documents from your fiancee?

CFO:

ALL exiting required to attend. There have been changes regarding CFO so for sure read through their website.

Update: Please check the schedule of the counseling session before proceeding to CFO because it is country-specific and the slots are limited only to 15 per session (two sessions per day) for Manila and 12 per session (only one session a day) for Cebu. It is on a first-come-first-serve basis.

CFO Online Registration Form: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/pdf/downloadable%20forms/registrationform.pdf Complete this and print a couple copies to bring to the CFO seminar, it will save you time.

http://www.philembassy.no/sites/default/files/downloads/new_gcp_flyer.pdf

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

Required documents & "OTHER DOCUMENTS" they ask for at CFO: copies of; CENOMAR (CEMAR and marriage certificate if married), certified birth certificate, bio page of passport, visa page from passport, pictures together. From USC (copies of) - bio page of passport, birth certificate, divorce decree (if been married before) are the most common requests. The "other documents" clause can be ANYTHING with those nit-wits at CFO.

** From the Family Code of the Philippines: it's 21-25 years old for advice and 18-21 years old for consent. (Some are posted on VJ that they were not asked for this, yet others have been asked, so be prepared)

Art. 14. In case either or both of the contracting parties, not having been emancipated by a previous marriage, are between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, they shall, in addition to the requirements of the preceding articles, exhibit to the local civil registrar, the consent to their marriage of their father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned. Such consent shall be manifested in writing by the interested party, who personally appears before the proper local civil registrar, or in the form of an affidavit made in the presence of two witnesses and attested before any official authorized by law to administer oaths. The personal manifestation shall be recorded in both applications for marriage license, and the affidavit, if one is executed instead, shall be attached to said applications. (61a)

Art. 15. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor.A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought,together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement.

Examples (from Quezon City):

Advice of Parents: http://www.quezoncity.gov.ph/images/stories/downloadables/forms/parentadvice.pdf

Consent to Marry: http://www.quezoncity.gov.ph/images/stories/downloadables/forms/consenttomarriage.pdf

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

They did. I stated that they got a copy of my petitioner's passport bio page, birth certi and pay stub.

Edited by madison925

AOS

Timeline

Did you put whipped cream? I don't know, to some, but to me,Im loving it. Hehe, enjoy the second cup. :)

AOS

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

March 22, 2013, Friday, I decided to attend the CFO Guidance Counseling and Seminar even before we got my NOA2, since I was in Cebu attending my best friend's birthday.

Although some of these are unnecessary, I tried to over think and over act, because it doesn't really hurt if you bring too much.

So, I prepared the following:

· Valid Philippine Passport

With 6 months validity, have it photocopied (bio page only)

I also photocopied my US Visa before and my stamp to prove that I met my fiance.

· My NSO birth certificate

(original and photocopy)

· NBI clearance

( original and photocopy) *this is only for additional identification*

· Two valid ID

original and photocopy (Postal ID and Passport)—or any government issued ID

· Affidavit of Parental Consent for Marriage (I am 23 yrs old)

This is only for 25 years old and below, although the counselor didn't ask for this, but it's better to be prepared than sorry. I got this affidavit from an attorney, not at the local registrar since I will not get married herein the Philippines so it's okay

· CENOMAR

For K1 beneficiary, for Spousal visa, you need to have your NSO Marriage certificate and have it photocopied. Cenomar needs to be Original and photocopied, they did not ask for this also in my case but I do think it is necessary.

· Evidence of ongoing relationship.

I brought a print screened copied of Viber call logs, each month, emails (one each month) just to prove your consistency in communication

· Pictures together

I brought 3 copies with me

· Divorce Decree (if the petitioner was married before)

Bring photocopy, make sure you do not give them the original

· My petitioner's W2 and pay stub

This is not necessary, but I do believe this is one of the proof as well that your petitioner is single and also this was a great help proving that my petitioner can support me while waiting for my EAD or Green card.

· Petitioner's scanned copy of Passport's Bio page(to prove your petitioner's citizenship)

· Petitioner's Certificate of Live Birth (to prove your petitioner's citizenship)

· Php 400 fee

· Pen

What you need to know:

· It is not only 12 slots, it is 12 or 15 slots each country. I got there around 5am, I was number 8 on the line. However, I took the first slot in the US and Canada group.

· Bring money for breakfast and lunch

· Be organized.

· Know your petitioner's mom, maiden name.

· Memorize or list down your petitioner's complete address, telephone and land line number (My petitioner doesn't have a land line number I used his work phone as his land line, they wont know)

· Know your petitioner's birthday

· Know your petitioner's work

· During the seminar, the counselor seemed to overreact about her examples but the whole thing isn't the truth and each case is different,so don't go crazy and assume your relationship will go wrong in the future.

· During the one on one session, it only took us 1 minute to do it. Since I've got everything the counselor asked, in my case, I was the one who went to America, so, she said, she's confident that I can take good care of myself when I'll get back to the US to be with my fiancé. I finished around 5pm, pretty late right? But, there are a lot of breaks in between so just make friends and talk to people, it was a good trick and it was also good knowing everyone's story.

CFO Cebu Guidance Counselling isn't horrible at all but it was energy draining. As long as you've got everything they want and answer the question, straight to the point. You'll be fine.

was all this asked from you???? i already have my visa. i dont have my affidavit of support, itr, bank account becasue i submitted it to the USEm during interview and i did not photocopied it ... i am 25 years old... i had chatted to a fellow who is 24y.o she wasn't asked for parental consent for marriage... my cfo will be this coming april 23 and it worries me since some of the requiremnets uv posted , i'd given it to the USEM :(

Timeline

dont have my affidavit of support, itr, bank account becasue i submitted it to the USEm during interview and i did pnot photocopied it .. (It's okay not to have them, as stated, I just brought it cause I front load the evidence that my fiancé can support me since I do not have the visa yet) I am 25 years old... i had chatted to a fellow who is 24y.o she wasn't asked for parental consent for marriage.. ( As stated in my post, they did not ask this from me, but, I brought it in case they will ask, I also knew a 24 year old girl and they didnt ask her for this)

AOS

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

dont have my affidavit of support, itr, bank account becasue i submitted it to the USEm during interview and i did pnot photocopied it .. (It's okay not to have them, as stated, I just brought it cause I front load the evidence that my fiancé can support me since I do not have the visa yet) I am 25 years old... i had chatted to a fellow who is 24y.o she wasn't asked for parental consent for marriage.. ( As stated in my post, they did not ask this from me, but, I brought it in case they will ask, I also knew a 24 year old girl and they didnt ask her for this)

ah okay... thanks

Timeline

That sounds so very complicated. Below is for Manila so may not apply to Cebu

I just started this K1 visa process in March 2013 so I have a long way to go.

I want to take my Fiance to Bali so asked her to get a passport. Since she checked "migration" as the reason, she was instructed to do the CFO.

She randomly just showed up last week at 1pm for the 2pm session. She just went to see where it was exactly, and since she was the 4th person to be there for the 2pm session, she went for it.

Only requirement was 400php and 2 forms of ID. When the session was over, there was a mock embassy interview. She was asked many questions about me and asked for some pictures of us. Lucky for her she brought her tablet and showed the many photo's. She then got her certificate.

She later told me some did not get the certificate because they couldn't answer the many questions about their fiance. She said she answered directly and concise while others had to think about the answers so they didn't get the certificate. These people were told to come back and left with a future appointment.

I want to add, she was told in this mock interview that the embassy will send someone to my house. Then when she is in the visa interview my fiance will be asked, the color of my tooth brush, the color of my kitchen cabinets, the type of couch I have... I could only laugh and tell her nobody is coming to my house.

Hope this is helpful

Edited by Jeff1970

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.