kumar999

DCF New Delhi for Canadian

5 posts in this topic

As long as you are there legally and not as a tourist, you should be able to, however, after I suggested it yesterday I looked today since this post was made.  I wonder if the USCIS has left the embassy in New Dehli due to this warning. 

https://in.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/

Suggest emailing the embassy directly. 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

State dept. processes visas, not USCIS.

This notice you are talking about is only a reallocation of visa responsibility between consulates in India. USCIS is very much there in New Delhi. It is the largest international USCIS office in Asia so it should not go anywhere, and it very much processes Spousal I-130s (DCFs).

You can google ' I -130, new delhi'.

After I- 130 processing in USCIS Delhi, CR-1 visa will be granted in Mumbai, that is what the notice suggests.

Edited by kumar999

10 hours ago, kumar999 said:

State dept. processes visas, not USCIS.

This notice you are talking about is only a reallocation of visa responsibility between consulates in India. USCIS is very much there in New Delhi. It is the largest international USCIS office in Asia so it should not go anywhere, and it very much processes Spousal I-130s (DCFs).

You can google ' I -130, new delhi'.

After I- 130 processing in USCIS Delhi, CR-1 visa will be granted in Mumbai, that is what the notice suggests.

Yes I understand that the Visa will be processed likely else where but when following their links the petition spot was red and didn't link to anything.  Contacting the embassy for the OP isnt a bad decision.  Not sure why you think it would be?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

2 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Yes I understand that the Visa will be processed likely else where but when following their links the petition spot was red and didn't link to anything.  Contacting the embassy for the OP isnt a bad decision.  Not sure why you think it would be?

thanks for your reply. Yes, It is good idea to contact the embassy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.