48 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, deafguy72 said:

After MNL case# then they need AOS, isn't that correct? I wish they should just accept I-130 with AOS and everything in one package for a speedy approval he he! 

If you are filing the I-130 there is no AOS. Once the I-130 is approved and you get the MNL case#, then you file DS-260 application for CR-1/IR-1 immigrant visa. Once that visa is approved and your wife enters the US they get a stamp that serves as temporary green card while the plastic green card is produced and mailed to your US address. AOS would only occur if you did a K-1 application or were already in the US on some other nonimmigrant visa status. 

P.s. Congrats @nikkiprs such a quick approval!

Edited by Arkitekt-GS
Forgot something

3 minutes ago, Arkitekt-GS said:

If you are filing the I-130 there is no AOS. Once the I-130 is approved and you get the MNL case#, then you file DS-260 application for CR-1/IR-1 immigrant visa. Once that visa is approved and your wife enters the US they get a stamp that serves as temporary green card while the plastic green card is produced and mailed to your US address. AOS would only occur if you did a K-1 application or were already in the US on some other nonimmigrant visa status. 

P.s. Congrats @nikkiprs such a quick approval!

Yea I meant there is no AOS fee to pay but they need to see the financial first before to approve so that is why I asked if everything to submit in the first place if thats right? Thanks :) 

2 minutes ago, deafguy72 said:

Yea I meant there is no AOS fee to pay but they need to see the financial first before to approve so that is why I asked if everything to submit in the first place if thats right? Thanks :) 

I-864 should happen to submit along but no fee to pay if that makes sense here? Thanks again!

1 minute ago, deafguy72 said:

Shoot I’m an idiot. I was thinking adjustment of status not affidavit of support. My bad. 😁 My understanding is the I-864 AOS and all other remaining documents gets submitted during the visa interview. 

2 minutes ago, Arkitekt-GS said:

Shoot I’m an idiot. I was thinking adjustment of status not affidavit of support. My bad. 😁 My understanding is the I-864 AOS and all other remaining documents gets submitted during the visa interview. 

Not a big deal :lol: Oh, thats perfect so I would need to submit during the interview, not along with I-130. Shoot I wish to submit all together at once :whistle:

On 5/18/2018 at 12:34 PM, jkutscher said:

Yes AOS is needed on the interview. 

Hey kababayan..... Do we need to submit on our interview copies of those AOS docs that my wife submitted on NVC? If that so she will send it to me from US. Or a scanned copy will do?

On 5/21/2018 at 9:38 AM, Ed and Lyn said:

Hey kababayan..... Do we need to submit on our interview copies of those AOS docs that my wife submitted on NVC? If that so she will send it to me from US. Or a scanned copy will do?

Hello. It sounds like you may have submitted in the US and not through DCF in Manila, correct? If so, you may want to use the main spouse forum or the Philippines regional forum as I believe the AOS process is a bit different when it goes through NVC

Hi @nikkiprs just curious if you’ve received the MNL case number yet or your friend that submitted on April 23? We’re on a tight timeline before our apartment lease ends and I have to move back, so I’ve been bugging the visa hotline trying to get it. They apprently submitted an escalation case but we’ve hit the 2 business day mark and haven’t heard back yet, so perhaps calling the embassy direct is next. I’m trying to be just annoying enough, but not too much!

3 hours ago, nikkiprs said:

@Arkitekt-GS hi already got case number on May 23 afternoonish, so did my friend. Will do medicals 25th. Hoping everything goes well and fast for all of us. 

Hi @nikkiprs congrats on your case number and best wishes for medical and interview! It’s crazy, we’re still waiting for our case number. Unfortunately you can’t actually call the embassy only the service center which “follows up” with the embassy. Did you and your friend just patiently wait or were you contacting someone?

@Arkitekt-GS just waited paitently. They were pretty fast anyway so my patience didnt run out.  My friend isnt in a hurry too. They intend to fly on November. 

Date of Filing:  April 30

Email approval: May 18

Case number: May 23

Medicals: May 25

Interview: June 4

Wonder why yours is taking so long for Direct consular filing. Do you have like cr2 or ir2 aside from your wife? 

I didnt submit a whole lot of evidence too maybe thats why they were quick on our file? 

On 5/24/2018 at 10:23 PM, nikkiprs said:

@Arkitekt-GS just waited paitently. They were pretty fast anyway so my patience didnt run out.  My friend isnt in a hurry too. They intend to fly on November. 

Wonder why yours is taking so long for Direct consular filing. Do you have like cr2 or ir2 aside from your wife? 

I didnt submit a whole lot of evidence too maybe thats why they were quick on our file? 

Thats really fast just more then 30 days and good luck for the interview! :thumbs:

On 5/25/2018 at 10:23 AM, nikkiprs said:

Hmmm very strange for ours. No cr2 or other applications. We’re fortunately both never married, no kids, similar age, so pretty straight forward. I did submit a lot of evidence with the petition though so perhaps they’re just dreading scanning it...or it’s just Murphy’s Law since we are in a hurry...ha! 😜. 

Wishing you and your friend a speedy and smooth process!

On 09/05/2018 at 1:17 PM, nikkiprs said:

My husband (petitioner) filed last April 30th, no email yet. We have been married for nearly 6 years, we have 1 child (us citizen via consular report of birth). Hoping for a very fast approval too.

I already have prepared the following:

Original PSA of my birth certificate

PSA Marriage contract

Son's Crba and birth certificate

Hubby's cenomar/cemar

My cenomar/cemar

Nbi clearance under my married name and single name

Police clearance i obtained from a foreign country (i lived abroad before)

Hubby's I-864

To prove domicile:

New car registration 

Newly opened US credit card

Newly opened US savings account

New drivers license

My husband flew to the states a few weeks ago to get some documents done. I also have a B1/B2 visit visa valid until 2022 so i hope they dont give us a hard time on the domicile thing as my husband also maintained a bank account and credit card anyway.

Hi.. hows your papers now?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.