wanderlust88

Abu Dhabi Embassy Delays - Support Group

1,137 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Tatsi said:

Who knows. But if its not Iranians - its the rest of the nationality mix that lives in the country. 

I have emailed them but got no response. This whole process is starting to get annoying and i want to reach out to someone at the embassy just dont know who. When i tried calling, the section for immigrant visas mentions that they do not procesd inquiries over the phone. 

the rest of the nationality mix who reside in UAE (i'm one and i think so is your husband) are actually a very manageable group and in fact very few UAE nationals actually apply for immigrant visas.

it's the iranian applications that have been taking up most of the slots.

43 minutes ago, wanderlust88 said:

the rest of the nationality mix who reside in UAE (i'm one and i think so is your husband) are actually a very manageable group and in fact very few UAE nationals actually apply for immigrant visas.

it's the iranian applications that have been taking up most of the slots.

Hmmmm....you are probably right. I also think that they need to process their visa somewhere else not just the UAE. Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt - those countries go much faster.

10/06/2011: Documents sent to Dallas

10/17/2011: Received NOA (dated: 10/14/2011)

11/01/2011: Status change: Testing and Interviewing

12/08/2011: Yellow Letter received (dated: 12/06/2011)

01/06/2012: Status Change!!!: Initial Testing and Interviewing

23 hours ago, Auds said:

Iranians form a large chunk of those being interviewed in Abu Dhabi.  For instance when i went for my IV interview in June 2017, out of the 20 groups/individuals they do each day for IV, about 16 were Iranians.

So do expect your interviews sooner now...

Hi Auds,

Thank you for the reply, great to hear feedback from someone who has been through the process. The thing is i read the travel ban exceptions etc and students from Iran and J1 visitors will still be processed. The thing is the travel ban slowed things down to begin with and now here goes another one!!

On 9/26/2017 at 6:53 AM, Tatsi said:

Hi Auds,

Thank you for the reply, great to hear feedback from someone who has been through the process. The thing is i read the travel ban exceptions etc and students from Iran and J1 visitors will still be processed. The thing is the travel ban slowed things down to begin with and now here goes another one!!

When the travel ban first came in ( and then was put on hold), a lot of others got their interviews scheduled in Abu Dhabi - as soon as a month after NVC CC.  I have tracked this embassy very closely for 1.5 yrs so I know they are probably pulling out files now to start scheduling the others after the effective travel ban date.

12 hours ago, Auds said:

When the travel ban first came in ( and then was put on hold), a lot of others got their interviews scheduled in Abu Dhabi - as soon as a month after NVC CC.  I have tracked this embassy very closely for 1.5 yrs so I know they are probably pulling out files now to start scheduling the others after the effective travel ban date.

Thats definitely seems more comforting to hear and i do hope we get to move forward. But let me ask you this when you mentioned 20 people were at the embassy when you were there. Were they all IV or was it a mixture of tourist visas and the rest?

9 hours ago, Tatsi said:

Thats definitely seems more comforting to hear and i do hope we get to move forward. But let me ask you this when you mentioned 20 people were at the embassy when you were there. Were they all IV or was it a mixture of tourist visas and the rest?

I am referring to IV.  They do between 100 to 200 NIVs per day.  The do 20 IV per day ( confirmed by many others also).  It's 20 tokens issued, could be a family or individual per token.

even if they have very few NIVs on a certain day.  They still only take 20 IV.  The day I was there they had half the number of NIV and were empty by 10 30.  Still IV. Interviews are limited.  As an exception etc - they do schedule 21 on an odd day.

Believe me I did incredible research as my interview was going to be there.  In the end I got an expedite.

On 9/27/2017 at 11:02 PM, Auds said:

i hope our files finally get pulled out (4 month wait for an interview date so far) but it's sad that it takes a travel ban to speed things up for applicants from uae. i still think they should prioritize uae applicants and look into distributing iranian applications among a larger pool of neighbouring countries. 

2 hours ago, Auds said:

I am referring to IV.  They do between 100 to 200 NIVs per day.  The do 20 IV per day ( confirmed by many others also).  It's 20 tokens issued, could be a family or individual per token.

even if they have very few NIVs on a certain day.  They still only take 20 IV.  The day I was there they had half the number of NIV and were empty by 10 30.  Still IV. Interviews are limited.  As an exception etc - they do schedule 21 on an odd day.

Believe me I did incredible research as my interview was going to be there.  In the end I got an expedite.

Wow!! And i thought i knew a lot 🤣. You did a great research indeed. Im not hearing from them so starting to doubt an interview in October, so hope November is our month. Fed up with the wait.

7 hours ago, wanderlust88 said:

i hope our files finally get pulled out (4 month wait for an interview date so far) but it's sad that it takes a travel ban to speed things up for applicants from uae. i still think they should prioritize uae applicants and look into distributing iranian applications among a larger pool of neighbouring countries. 

Far too many reasons why only the UAE works for Iran applicants, so that's not changing.  My strongest thought though has been they should increase IV interviews even if it means cutting NIV.

23 hours ago, Auds said:

Far too many reasons why only the UAE works for Iran applicants, so that's not changing.  My strongest thought though has been they should increase IV interviews even if it means cutting NIV.

You know with Iranians or without Wanderlust and i should be getting closer to being scheduled anyway right. Still dont get the wait time, some people had it in 2 months, others 5- 6 and i even saw 8 in someones timeline. 

Edited by Tatsi

8 hours ago, Tatsi said:

You know with Iranians or without Wanderlust and i should be getting closer to being scheduled anyway right. Still dont get the wait time, some people had it in 2 months, others 5- 6 and i even saw 8 in someones timeline. 

I really feel for you guys .. praying you get it soon! The process has taken us a year and four months and its so frustrating. Just seen my husband for two weeks this year and we are almost at the end of the year!

9 hours ago, ysrmf said:

I really feel for you guys .. praying you get it soon! The process has taken us a year and four months and its so frustrating. Just seen my husband for two weeks this year and we are almost at the end of the year!

Hey ladies,

Do you know when do they actually schedule the interviews. I know at the end of the month and at the beginning of the next. But what is time frame? Is it something like 28 through 3rd??

On 9/7/2017 at 11:59 AM, ysrmf said:

I don't have a visit visa for the States :( my husband might visit so there's something to look forward to. 

I'm on my old company's visa so anytime they ask me to cancel I have to .. I'm worried about starting another job because if it's only for a few months.

I'm so stressed :(

Hi ysrmf,

Can I please know what's your timeline?

I am CR1 priority date july 2016 and still waiting for an interview in Abu Dhabi US Embassy. The wait is very frustrating! Any updates on your case? 

20 hours ago, Suha said:

Hi ysrmf,

Can I please know what's your timeline?

I am CR1 priority date july 2016 and still waiting for an interview in Abu Dhabi US Embassy. The wait is very frustrating! Any updates on your case? 

My priority date is June 2016 and I got a case complete from NVC on May 9th.  I expedited my case for an interview and got an approval in July this year. I have my interview day after tomorrow.

When did you receive your case complete?

On 10/1/2017 at 12:15 AM, Tatsi said:

Hey ladies,

Do you know when do they actually schedule the interviews. I know at the end of the month and at the beginning of the next. But what is time frame? Is it something like 28 through 3rd??

I am not sure how the scheduling works since I had to schedule my own. Sorry!

7 hours ago, ysrmf said:

My priority date is June 2016 and I got a case complete from NVC on May 9th.  I expedited my case for an interview and got an approval in July this year. I have my interview day after tomorrow.

When did you receive your case complete?

I am not sure how the scheduling works since I had to schedule my own. Sorry!

Oh that's great! Good luck & best wishes.

So I received CC on march 19th and then the letter from NVC on june 5th that I'm in a queue awaiting an interview. Do you have to have a valid reason to apply for the expedite case? I don't know if I should do anything about it or just wait! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.