3 posts in this topic

After a discussion with the USCIS representative. I discovered that the Potomac processing center is still on June 2016 I-130's, it has been this way the past two months. Nothing has moved at all. The site was updated today and will not be done again for another month. My date is October 27, 2016. According to the representative, who could not be specific, it could be another five to nine months. Depending on the backlog. As a citizen I am filing for my seven year old stepdaughter. Knowing that the NVC could take an additional three months, plus the month or so to have an interview scheduled. When will this travesty end. Funny how they took a mere five days to cash my $420 check. The five month timeline is a myth and should not be used or suggested. I have spoken with my Senator and at this point he stated it is a waiting game. 

4 hours ago, Bones2509 said:

After a discussion with the USCIS representative. I discovered that the Potomac processing center is still on June 2016 I-130's, it has been this way the past two months. Nothing has moved at all. The site was updated today and will not be done again for another month. My date is October 27, 2016. According to the representative, who could not be specific, it could be another five to nine months. Depending on the backlog. As a citizen I am filing for my seven year old stepdaughter. Knowing that the NVC could take an additional three months, plus the month or so to have an interview scheduled. When will this travesty end. Funny how they took a mere five days to cash my $420 check. The five month timeline is a myth and should not be used or suggested. I have spoken with my Senator and at this point he stated it is a waiting game. 

The timeline is 5-10 months  Philippines have or seemed to had priority, with all the changes going on, maybe this has ended. This would be my question to USCIS. 

Alot is different now, I-130 immediate relatives are still not processed as a spouse of a USC since June and July, their partners are in the USA with the children so have the same problem.

It looks like the USCIS centers were "balanced" with a lot of transfers from Nebraska, it is complicated. 

On February 21, 2017 I called the USCIS and was told they were processing I-130's from June 11, 2016 which is the same date they gave two months ago . With my date being October 27, 2016 I questioned the wait time, no definitive answer could be given by the representative. So using logic, I anticipated another five to nine months at the USCIS. Miraculously the next day my status changed to a request for an RFE. I received the RFE today. I sent the wrong birth certificate. I sent the local municipal copy and not the PSA version, formerly known as the NSO. I have learned that there are no guarantees, but never lose hope. Because things can change in an instant. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.