Nodrog

How exactly will Kingston Embassy contact me for a K1 interview?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello all.

I know this may seem like a silly question but I just need to get some information. We are currently waiting on the US embassy in Kingston to contact me regarding the next step but I am not sure how they will do it. Will it be by calling, text message, letter in the mail (post office) or by email?

Also, Is there a way I can schedule my interview date, say in February of next year before the NOA2 expires?

Who sets the date for the interview, the applicant or embassy?

I know its a lot. Thank you for taking the time to read.

Timeline

Its a K1 VISA we are applying for. Haven't heard from them so I wanted to know how they'd make contact. If they set the date, what if we don't have everything ready by then?

Filed: Timeline

Its a K1 VISA we are applying for. Haven't heard from them so I wanted to know how they'd make contact. If they set the date, what if we don't have everything ready by then?

Did you get a letter from them with your case number? If you did read below

FOR K-1: Letter w/case number, 3pg instruction sheet (with all the info and forms you will need), Photo Specifications, Instructions for ON-LINE Completion of DS-160, Evidence Which May Be Presented To Meet The Public Charge Provisions Of The Law (DS-2000), I-134, Vaccination Requirements, Information Sheet for your Medical Examination (2 pages), Medical History Form, copy of I-129f, and criminal background information.

EMBASSY WEBSITE INFORMATION: http://kingston.usembassy.gov/mobile//fees/forms.html

To pay and register your appoitment: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/iv

Timeline

Did you get a letter from them with your case number? If you did read below

FOR K-1: Letter w/case number, 3pg instruction sheet (with all the info and forms you will need), Photo Specifications, Instructions for ON-LINE Completion of DS-160, Evidence Which May Be Presented To Meet The Public Charge Provisions Of The Law (DS-2000), I-134, Vaccination Requirements, Information Sheet for your Medical Examination (2 pages), Medical History Form, copy of I-129f, and criminal background information.

EMBASSY WEBSITE INFORMATION: http://kingston.usembassy.gov/mobile//fees/forms.html

To pay and register your appoitment: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/iv

So far I've paid for the no-impediment, criminal records. We are gonna look at the I-134 now and we are making effort to get the medical done. What o wanted to know is if they will set the date of the interview and if so, what if the affidavit of support isn't ready yet?

I haven't heard anything from the embassy as yet, we are just trying to be proactive and get things that needs to be done done. Regarding the DS-160. I'll take a look at starting it. Oh and yes I got the case number online from NOA2. Haven't hot the hardcopy yet.

Timeline

This is very helpful. Thanks a lot

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I just did my K1 the embassy did not contact me but I contacted them. I got my case number when I called NVC then did my DS160 application online then proceeded to pay online for the visa i paid $265 registered with DHL and then schedule my appointment. When i contacted the embassy they stated because interviews are now scheduled online they do not send an appointment letter for K1 but to be on the safe side i made a screenshot of my appointment details and took it to the embassy on the day of the interview it helped a lot cuz we had some trouble because the officers on the outside did not have our names on the list so I'd recommend taking proof of your appointment and of course payment. All the best.

K1 Visa

11.11.2015                          Met online

27.12.2015                         Met in person

03.03.2016                         Got Engaged

07.07.2016                         Filed I-129F

13.07.2016                         NOA1

13.09.2016                         NOA2

26.09.2016                         NVC Received

28.09.2016                         Sent to Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica

29.09.2016                         Consulate Received

03.11.2016                         Interview, Decision Approved once Medical checks out

09.11.2016                         Medical (Yes you saw right my medical was after my interview)

14.12.2016                         Visa Issued

15.12.2016                         Visa in Hand

16.12.2016                         US Arrival

04.03.2017                         Married!!!!!

AOS

09.08.2017                         I-485, I-765 and I-131 Filed via USPS Priority Mail

11.08.2017                         Delivered

14.08.2017                         Received

18.08.2017                         Rejected (error on the check)

23.08.2017                         Packet was received in the mail

24.08.2017                         Resubmitted packet exactly as Received via USPS Priority Mail Express to physical address

25.08.2017                         Delivered and officially received by USCIS

05.09.2017                         Payment posted 

05.09.2017                         NOA Text and Email Notifications 11:22pm

11.09.2017                         NOA Hard copy received in the mail

01.09.2017                         Official NOA date on receipt

14.09.2017                         Received Biometrics appointment in the mail

29.09.2017                         Biometrics Appointment, ASC in Birmingham AL

18.10.2017                         Case status update to ready to be schedule for interview

19.12.2017                         EAD and AP approved

27.12.2017                         Received both Approval notice in the mail

28.12.2017                         combo card received

Timeline

I just did my K1 the embassy did not contact me but I contacted them. I got my case number when I called NVC then did my DS160 application online then proceeded to pay online for the visa i paid $265 registered with DHL and then schedule my appointment. When i contacted the embassy they stated because interviews are now scheduled online they do not send an appointment letter for K1 but to be on the safe side i made a screenshot of my appointment details and took it to the embassy on the day of the interview it helped a lot cuz we had some trouble because the officers on the outside did not have our names on the list so I'd recommend taking proof of your appointment and of course payment. All the best.

I will get on starting the application then. How about the i-134? Shouldn't it be mailed to them or something before the interview?

Timeline

I've just completed the DS-160. When I checked the link, it asked me if was contacted by the embassy for the K1 visa interview, do you recall seeibf anything like that?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I've just completed the DS-160. When I checked the link, it asked me if was contacted by the embassy for the K1 visa interview, do you recall seeibf anything like that?

yes I did. I proceeded as if though i had been contacted just continue you'll be fine. Make sure after you gather all the required documents, tax returns, W2 certificate of no impediment from RGD, police record, original birth certificate, if you were married before take marriage certificate and divorce decrees Inbox me if i can help further oh and try to get your medical date asap its why im still in jamaica right now Andrews plus the holiday rush are slowing the down the process significantly

K1 Visa

11.11.2015                          Met online

27.12.2015                         Met in person

03.03.2016                         Got Engaged

07.07.2016                         Filed I-129F

13.07.2016                         NOA1

13.09.2016                         NOA2

26.09.2016                         NVC Received

28.09.2016                         Sent to Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica

29.09.2016                         Consulate Received

03.11.2016                         Interview, Decision Approved once Medical checks out

09.11.2016                         Medical (Yes you saw right my medical was after my interview)

14.12.2016                         Visa Issued

15.12.2016                         Visa in Hand

16.12.2016                         US Arrival

04.03.2017                         Married!!!!!

AOS

09.08.2017                         I-485, I-765 and I-131 Filed via USPS Priority Mail

11.08.2017                         Delivered

14.08.2017                         Received

18.08.2017                         Rejected (error on the check)

23.08.2017                         Packet was received in the mail

24.08.2017                         Resubmitted packet exactly as Received via USPS Priority Mail Express to physical address

25.08.2017                         Delivered and officially received by USCIS

05.09.2017                         Payment posted 

05.09.2017                         NOA Text and Email Notifications 11:22pm

11.09.2017                         NOA Hard copy received in the mail

01.09.2017                         Official NOA date on receipt

14.09.2017                         Received Biometrics appointment in the mail

29.09.2017                         Biometrics Appointment, ASC in Birmingham AL

18.10.2017                         Case status update to ready to be schedule for interview

19.12.2017                         EAD and AP approved

27.12.2017                         Received both Approval notice in the mail

28.12.2017                         combo card received

Timeline

yes I did. I proceeded as if though i had been contacted just continue you'll be fine. Make sure after you gather all the required documents, tax returns, W2 certificate of no impediment from RGD, police record, original birth certificate, if you were married before take marriage certificate and divorce decrees Inbox me if i can help further oh and try to get your medical date asap its why im still in jamaica right now Andrews plus the holiday rush are slowing the down the process significantly

Oh I see. I just didn't want to do it and then they said they didn't email me yet so that would further delay the process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.