iamzye87

CONCURRENT FILING WITHOUT THE I-693

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

So I want to file my AOS from tourist visa (currently out of status, end April 2014) since My husband and I got married last April 2016 . I have all the paperwork except for the I-693. Does anyone have filed concurrently without the I-693, I plan to present it during our interview?

I really want to send these paperworks but I dont have enough budget to see a Civil doctor.

And also, for filing the i-485, can anyone tell me the right box to check? I have been living in the US with an expired tourist visa and married to an USC, adjustment status:

Im not sure which one of the Box A or B should I check., The question is;

a. An Immigrant petetion giving me an immediately available visa number that has been approved.

b. My spouse or parent applied for adjustment of status or was granted lawful permanent residence in an immigrant visa category that allows derivative status for spouse and children.

Thanks,

I will appreciate any replies... :-)

Hi guys,

So I want to file my AOS from tourist visa (currently out of status, end April 2014) since My husband and I got married last April 2016 . I have all the paperwork except for the I-693. Does anyone have filed concurrently without the I-693, I plan to present it during our interview?

I really want to send these paperworks but I dont have enough budget to see a Civil doctor.

And also, for filing the i-485, can anyone tell me the right box to check? I have been living in the US with an expired tourist visa and married to an USC, adjustment status:

Im not sure which one of the Box A or B should I check., The question is;

a. An Immigrant petetion giving me an immediately available visa number that has been approved.

b. My spouse or parent applied for adjustment of status or was granted lawful permanent residence in an immigrant visa category that allows derivative status for spouse and children.

Thanks,

I will appreciate any replies... :-)

Hi iamzy87,

We filed my aos without the I-693, to be honest its best not to send it with the aos packet right away, hence its only good for 1 year and sometimes one has to wait longer for the interview. you dont have to send it together. if they want it you will get an rfe.

I only got a letter stating "notice to the Applicant " , the form I-693 has not been submitted, you can submit it at a later date.

at the interview or if interview is waived you will receive a rfe.

i doubt your interview will be waived , hence you came over with a tourist visa and your out of status. ( i was out of status for 4 years and 4 month ). so you can turn yours in when you have your interview.

as far as the question , it is A

good luck

Edited by sky459

On 12/4/2016 at 5:33 PM, sky459 said:

Hi iamzy87,

We filed my aos without the I-693, to be honest its best not to send it with the aos packet right away, hence its only good for 1 year and sometimes one has to wait longer for the interview. you dont have to send it together. if they want it you will get an rfe.

I only got a letter stating "notice to the Applicant " , the form I-693 has not been submitted, you can submit it at a later date.

at the interview or if interview is waived you will receive a rfe.

i doubt your interview will be waived , hence you came over with a tourist visa and your out of status. ( i was out of status for 4 years and 4 month ). so you can turn yours in when you have your interview.

as far as the question , it is A

good luck

This is my main concern right now. I am out of status since Dec 2013. We are filing AOS next month. And obviously my medical exam ( I was on K1 visa ) is already expired, since they said it's only valid within a year. I am really confused wether to submit AOS forms with I-693 or just wait til they RFE'd me. Can you give me more details on your personal experience? Thank you.

On 5/26/2017 at 11:27 PM, jdb said:

This is my main concern right now. I am out of status since Dec 2013. We are filing AOS next month. And obviously my medical exam ( I was on K1 visa ) is already expired, since they said it's only valid within a year. I am really confused wether to submit AOS forms with I-693 or just wait til they RFE'd me. Can you give me more details on your personal experience? Thank you.

see my time line

Oct 20th,2016 - in the Mail a Notice to Applicant letter " A Completed and signed I-693 was not submitted ",Submit a valid,

completed and signed I-693 at a later date( at Interviw or if no interview you will receive a RFE for the form )

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.