Kaye.kj

Montreal K1 interview - issued 221g - need original birth certificate

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello all,

Wondering if anyone can share their experiences with Montreal consulate and K1 process...

Attended K1 interview yesterday but they said I need to give them the original birth certificate from my home country (Philippines). I did have a document which they deemed not original. Regardless, we are on the process of obtaining one and will be awhile until we receive it. Everything else went fine, though. No other issues with my documents or any questions they asked.

Once I send off the document they need via Loomis (their suggestion):

How long will it take for them to receive and process it at Montreal?

Do I send my original passport with it, so they can put the K1 visa in my passport?

I'm trying to calculate when i will be able to enter the US with the K1 visa. Thanks for your input!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Canada Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is consulate-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 2 months later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello all,

Wondering if anyone can share their experiences with Montreal consulate and K1 process...

Attended K1 interview yesterday but they said I need to give them the original birth certificate from my home country (Philippines). I did have a document which they deemed not original. Regardless, we are on the process of obtaining one and will be awhile until we receive it. Everything else went fine, though. No other issues with my documents or any questions they asked.

Once I send off the document they need via Loomis (their suggestion):

How long will it take for them to receive and process it at Montreal?

Do I send my original passport with it, so they can put the K1 visa in my passport?

I'm trying to calculate when i will be able to enter the US with the K1 visa. Thanks for your input!

I got an IV interview coming up September 22nd, and im missing my original birth certificate also!!!

Priority Date: Feb 19th 2014

April 6th,15 - Received Welcome Letter with AOS Invoice

April 9th,15 - Completed DS-261 and paid AOS fee

April 16th,15 - AOS fee showed paid, IV invoice still missing

May 12th,15 - AOS and IV package sent in 1 package

May 18th,15 - Package received by NVC

June 16th,15 - Received IV invoice ( I had to give them a call for it), apparently it got delayed because I chose the petioner as agent in DS-261, weird.

Still couldn't pay IV fee because online system was down

June 23rd,15 - Received Checklist

July 9th,15 - NVC received IV fee by mail, showed paid and got access to DS-260

July 11th,15 - Completed DS-260

July 23rd,15 - Sent checklist package

July 27th,15 - Checklist package received by NVC

August 12th.15 - Called NVC for an update. Agent said all documents received and under review, 25-30 days required.

August 17th,15 - Case Complete, but nothing received. Found out by calling them on August 24th.

August 28th,15 - Interview Letter received by e-mail, scheduled for September 22nd.

Sept 22nd, 15 - Visa Approved

Sept 23rd, 15 - Visa status shows Issued

Sept 25th, 15 - Visa in hand, category changed to CR1 from F2A, wife became citizen few days before interview

Dec --. 15 - POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.