angelalahavok

Nvc case ready

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

The ceac site says my case is ready for interview n that I should receive appt date. But right now I thought we are waiting for the embassy to contact my fiancé to pick up packet 3. Then after we complete the docs then schedule the appt. I think that's just standard msg and that we are suppose to wait to hear from the embassy. Am I right?

I think so. I know we are in the same situation as you. We completed a DS-160, then I emailed the embassy our USCIS receipt#, our DoS case#/KBL#, and the application ID from CEAC along with both our full names and contact email addresses. They responded back saying they would contact us electronically when a date is scheduled for our interview. I've read on some posts that people have scheduled their own interviews, so perhaps each embassy follows different procedures.

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

How do u get dos Nbr and application id?

Ya I'm not sure cus the embassy website says mixed things. Like one site says if u received Nvc appt letter.. And another says to make ur appt click here.. I did call Nvc just yesterday and that time our case was in transit and he said to wait and hear from the embassy..

Oh and we haven't done ds160 yet

Sry I mean how so u get kbl and app id

How do u get dos Nbr and application id?

Ya I'm not sure cus the embassy website says mixed things. Like one site says if u received Nvc appt letter.. And another says to make ur appt click here.. I did call Nvc just yesterday and that time our case was in transit and he said to wait and hear from the embassy..

Oh and we haven't done ds160 yet

Sry I mean how so u get kbl and app id

Mine is KBL#, which is the abbreviation for the embassy city - Kabul. Your DoS case number will start with letters included in Kathmandu. It's the number you use to check your CEAC status.

You can use CEAC to fill out the DS-160 at https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/and when you begin, you save the application ID to return if you need to keep working in it. It should also be printed on the confirmation page too. At this stage, the process gets a little confusing. DoS treats K-1's like immigrant AND non-immigrant visas. So you actually need to kind of use both information sources. For example, if you contact the embassy, you will use their immigrant email address. However, the "Make your appointment here" is for non-immigrants and may not be useful for K-1's because the embassy needs time to review your petition and do the work on their end.

For your embassy, the instructions say, "After the Embassy receives the approved petition, the beneficiary will be contacted and instructed to visit the U.S. Embassy’s Consular Section to pick up instructions on how to proceed (“Packet 3”)." (http://nepal.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fianc-e-of-a-us-citizen.html) So it appears that you need to wait for instruction to pick up this packet, then gather all the items on this list, then go to the embassy to make the appointment. Oy vey! That seems like a lot of work for scheduling an interview!

Signature coming soon...

Thanks for ur help! I guess I'll just wait a couple weeks to see if the embassy contacts us.

I know it's hard to wait; especially when there is so much instability around! I hope you are in a safe situation right now and that the embassy doesn't delay your appointment because of the quakes. Even I am getting restless, but then I looked and saw that I only have been waiting 8 days since the embassy received our petition! For your situation, the ones that missed their appointments during the embassy interruption may backlog the process, but probably not by much time.

Signature coming soon...

• 3 months later...
Filed: Other Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hey Angela how long did u wait for to get an appointment letter from embassy kathmandu? Mine case is ready as well n haven't heard anything from the embassy so was wondering how long did it take for u to get that appointment email.

Filed: Other Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hey Angela how long did u wait for to get an appointment letter from embassy kathmandu? Mine case is ready as well n haven't heard anything from the embassy so was wondering how long did it take for u to get that appointment email.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.