rsn

Lodging in Ban Dung

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My wife, child, and I are planning an extended stay in Thailand starting in late 2015 (possibly about 2 months). We'll be staying in my wife's village for most of the trip. We're looking for comfortable lodging with reliable internet, furniture, satellite TV, and ideally 2 rooms.

Any recommendations?

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Timeline

My wife, child, and I are planning an extended stay in Thailand starting in late 2015 (possibly about 2 months). We'll be staying in my wife's village for most of the trip. We're looking for comfortable lodging with reliable internet, furniture, satellite TV, and ideally 2 rooms.

Any recommendations?

:rofl:

Making the rounds, eh? I got two email notifications in 4 minutes. One from TVF and one from here. I had to look up where Ban Dung is located. Looks like Udon.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Any recommendations?

2 minutes on Google, found this, http://www.bandunglife.info/visitor-info/accommodation/hotels/

Your wife and her family can probably tell you more.

Timeline

Thanks for the link. Don't think the family will be much help though. They don't stay at hotels in their own village for some strange reason.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

:rofl:

Making the rounds, eh? I got two email notifications in 4 minutes. One from TVF and one from here. I had to look up where Ban Dung is located. Looks like Udon.

Ban Dung is just what it sounds like therefore not many hotels for farangs. North is Non Khai or South is Udon. Both have many acceptable hotels. Her family may not need to stay in such places but they certainly know where they are or know someone that works in them. Udon has quite a few new places but there are several resorts that would be very nice too. There is a beautiful resort right on the Mekong near N Khai.

I would consider what transportation will be used before I choose one.

Timeline

Ban Dung is just what it sounds like therefore not many hotels for farangs. North is Non Khai or South is Udon. Both have many acceptable hotels. Her family may not need to stay in such places but they certainly know where they are or know someone that works in them. Udon has quite a few new places but there are several resorts that would be very nice too. There is a beautiful resort right on the Mekong near N Khai.

I would consider what transportation will be used before I choose one.

Thanks for the info. We will need to stay in her village for reasons I won't go into here, so we will need to locate something within about 10 minutes of the center of town. I've stayed there many times, but it's been a while and I've heard that there may be new hotels. We will probably start at one of the hotels we are familiar with and go from there in the absence of any reviews.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks for the info. We will need to stay in her village for reasons I won't go into here, so we will need to locate something within about 10 minutes of the center of town. I've stayed there many times, but it's been a while and I've heard that there may be new hotels. We will probably start at one of the hotels we are familiar with and go from there in the absence of any reviews.

I have been told by people living in Udon that there is a lot of new construction in the area so you may find something new around Ban Dung as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.