PhillyJon

ustraveldocs site and GZ interview

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

So we are doing the final prep for our interview Oct. 8 in GZ (yay!). There's nothing in the P4 checklist about traveldocs site, but the consensus here and seemingly everywhere online is that you need to set up a traveldocs account for return of the passport/visa.

So I went to the site and registered. #######? It never asks for a case number to link to all the information we've submitted over the last 10 months. Nothing seems to work. The link to register a delivery address, which I apparently need to do, is not active.

We're doing EP and have an interview date, so don't need to do that. We've paid everything. Can anyone tell me how to set up the delivery address?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I did this for my wife - let me dust off the cobwebs.

first, set up the profile. This is a big deal. Some pain there.

second - select the delivery drop off location (CITIC BANK)

third - print off the delivery coversheet (it prints to pdf, so you can save it and email it)

--

You'll never, EVER see anything about your interview date, there, for your visa type. There is no linkage whatsoever for EP casefiles, that I've seen.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Thanks. After wasting a couple of hours I managed to get it to save the profile. It turns out that the "optional" entries are required and it won't save the profile without them. After selecting the Citic Bank, I got at least 10 error messages before it would print a pdf confirmation. All's well that ends mercifully.

I was happy to see the notice on the homepage that all DOS visa offices remain open. I'm pretty confident the DOS won't run out of money before this coming Tuesday.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Can someone explain what this ustraveldocs thing is with relation to the GZO interview? Wife has interview appointment for 11/13 and I have no idea what this is for... Is this required? And do I need to register or does my wife? As PhillyJon states, nowhere on the P4 instructions is there mention of this site.

Timeline

She doesn't need to utilize it for any scheduling, so that's a plus.

For EP Casefiles, CR-1/2, IR-1/2/5, there's really only one thing to chase after:

There is a document delivery coversheet there, that must be filled out and generated (makes a pdf file).

That document delivery coversheet must be handed in on interview day - it tells GUZ IV where to send the visa packet after the interview. The GUZ P3 Supplemental used to be 'the thing' they used for verification when EMS delivery was still being used.

if you go to ustraveldocs.com/cn (I think that's right) and set up an account, making a full profile, you'll see an option to generate that coversheet in their scant 'left panel' menu.

HTH ! Go Get Em, and Good Luck !

PS - here's my wife's document delivery coversheet, redacted.

2rwx94k.png

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Timeline

you could do it. In the end, that coversheet thingie is a pdf file, so you can email that to her.

By now, you know ALL of her particulars for making the account and the profile.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.