Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hems

Government shutdown on OCT 1st can haunt all of us

30 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

I guess it mostly affect those who has interview scheduled in OCt or who already got case completion because consulates in any country will not issue a visa and people will have to reschedule their interviews.

NVC people are mostly contractors so it won't affect NVC process if US government gets resolution in 1 or 2 weeks but after that I am nto sure.

I guess it mostly affect those who has interview scheduled in OCt or who already got case completion because consulates in any country will not issue a visa and people will have to reschedule their interviews.

NVC people are mostly contractors so it won't affect NVC process if US government gets resolution in 1 or 2 weeks but after that I am nto sure.

shocked.gifhalloween.gif usually how this will last?

This happened 17 years back in 1995 and it lasted for 22 days and I hope it won't last for that long this time . Honestly nobody can confirm that how long it will last but if it does than it will definately affect all of us.

hope its less than 1wk only, if possible 1 day only

I just read this on the DOS website......

http://m.state.gov/md214880.htm

C. Consular Operations Domestically and Overseas: Consular operations domestically and overseas will remain 100% operational as long as there are sufficient fees to support operations. However, if a passport agency is located in a government building affected by a lapse in appropriations, the facility may become unsupported. The continuance of consular operations in such instances will be treated on a case-by-case basis by the Under Secretary for Management.

They have mentioned somewhere that overseas consular operation will be avaible for US citizen and if you read other articles in detail, you will get to know that visa issuing service will not be available. :(

28 days as I recall

I think it was 22 days but it din't start in OCt because they got some exetion for 1 month and than another month or something like that.

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.