AWAY

How Long After Interview does it take to get visa?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ok so i was wondering how long after interview does it take to get the visa in JamaicA? my husband wouldnt have it mailed to him he would pick it up at the DHL office so does tht make a difference? and can u pay to have ur visa at a faster time than regular?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ok so i was wondering how long after interview does it take to get the visa in JamaicA? my husband wouldnt have it mailed to him he would pick it up at the DHL office so does tht make a difference? and can u pay to have ur visa at a faster time than regular?

We just got our visa approved yesterday. They told him anywhere between 7-14 days. I've seen some wait a likkle longer. I've also seen some that get them as quick as 4 days. Either way...I'm happy he is getting his. :)

Timeline

The time frame does vary as everything else. As for picking it up, it will have to be done a DHL they will not mail it to him. Also there is one standard fee for DHL that is paid at the Embassy. There is no fee for faster service. Best of Luck!

ok can you tell me how he would know when to pick it up? would they call him and let him know when its available or does he have to call to find out? and if he has to call who would he call DHL or the embassy?

Timeline

My husband called DHL & I emailed them, as well as the embassy, I also contacted DOS and whoever else I thought could help ;-). We got it in 12 days but we were dealing with Memorial Day holiday slow downs. He lived in Negril and his was brought to him in Savanna-La-Mar Westmoreland that was very close to him (The DHL guy met him at a KFC). The posted delivery info on the DHL website, you could see the status online.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My husband called DHL & I emailed them, as well as the embassy, I also contacted DOS and whoever else I thought could help ;-). We got it in 12 days but we were dealing with Memorial Day holiday slow downs. He lived in Negril and his was brought to him in Savanna-La-Mar Westmoreland that was very close to him (The DHL guy met him at a KFC). The posted delivery info on the DHL website, you could see the status online.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The embassy now provides you with a DHL tracking number. However our has been saying shipment picked up and then shipment on hold since July 11th which was the day after his interview. has this happened to anyone and if so appx. How long to did it take to receive your dhl package with the visa and passport?

Timeline

Update - our visa was approved July 12 (last Thursday) and was ready today Wednesday (July 18). Not too shabby!!

WOW CONGRATS!!! that was fast (4 jamaica) LOL!!! i hope my husband will be as lucky to get such a quick pickup time 4 his visa.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

WOW CONGRATS!!! that was fast (4 jamaica) LOL!!! i hope my husband will be as lucky to get such a quick pickup time 4 his visa.

Thank you!!! He arrives tomorrow!!! So excited for us and everyone else. Its such a great feeling!

• 8 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

How much time did it take for noa2 to come for you after noa1 ?? Plz do reply im an Indian my husband filed for my cr1 visa in mid September and he received noa1 in first week of October since then we're waiting for noa2 to come .. I'm a little curious coz it's already 6 months .. Is it too late?? Anyone who reads it plz reply coz I really need to know

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.