RickJovi

Age gap difference in Philippines

72 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If the relationship is "REAL" and you have all your documents then this will not be an issues. My fiancee and daughter will be on a plane next week heading to the United States. Our age gap is 20 years :whistle: LEGITIMATE relationship with plenty of proof/documents you will have no problem. I did not attend my fiancee interview in Manila, but based on our file and supporting documents then only ask her (3) questions before she was approved..

I would suggest keeping {HANK_AMY} as your friend for "GOOD" advice through this process. I think I already owe him a few beverages :dance: for his advice !!!

Hello VJ'ers that petitioned fiancee's from the Philippines. I have a questions about age gaps between the USC and the Filipina fiancee. Has anyone ever been denied based on a 25 year age difference from their fiancee. I know my first ex-wife Filipina and I had a 21 year age gap and did not have any problems. I know it is common in the Philippines to have a large age gap and for me age should not matter if you are in a legitimate relationship. I am 25 years senior to my fiancee and we both love each other. Just don't want the Consular Officer to play God and pass their own moral judgement when the evidence I have provided and continue to provide show that we have a real relationship. Any past experience would be appreciate. Thanks.

If the relationship is "REAL" and you have all your documents then this will not be an issues. My fiancee and daughter will be on a plane next week heading to the United States. Our age gap is 20 years :whistle: LEGITIMATE relationship with plenty of proof/documents you will have no problem. I did not attend my fiancee interview in Manila, but based on our file and supporting documents then only ask her (3) questions before she was approved..

I would suggest keeping {HANK_AMY} as your friend for "GOOD" advice through this process. I think I already owe him a few beverages :dance: for his advice !!!

I concur. Hank_Amy usually gives solid advice.

• 1 year later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I already have my schedule set on July 31st. I just received the packet from US Embassy Manila today. I noticed a remarks on red ink "Large Age Difference". My fiance is 34yrs older than me. I can show the consular that we have everything in terms of evidence for a genuine and ongoing relationship. I just need some advice or any tips on my interview.. I have nothing to worry about but still, I am worried LOL

02/01/2013 I-129F Packet Sent
02/06/2013 Received by USCIS
02/08/2013 Check Cashed
02/11/2013 NOA1 (email)
03/01/2013 Case Touched
03/21/2013 NOA1 (hard copy)
06/06/2013 NOA2 (email)
06/10/2013 NOA2 (hard copy)
06/21/2013 MNL Case Number (hard copy)
07/04&05/2013 Medical Exam
08/01/2013 USEM Interview APPROVED!!!!
08/08/2013 VISA IN HAND!!
08/12/2013 CFO Class Seminar
09/09/2013 Departure

Hello VJ'ers that petitioned fiancee's from the Philippines. I have a questions about age gaps between the USC and the Filipina fiancee. Has anyone ever been denied based on a 25 year age difference from their fiancee. I know my first ex-wife Filipina and I had a 21 year age gap and did not have any problems. I know it is common in the Philippines to have a large age gap and for me age should not matter if you are in a legitimate relationship. I am 25 years senior to my fiancee and we both love each other. Just don't want the Consular Officer to play God and pass their own moral judgement when the evidence I have provided and continue to provide show that we have a real relationship. Any past experience would be appreciate. Thanks.

After having been married almost 2 years and still lurking here I have determined. If you meet the legal guidelines. I.E. Financial, CENOMAR, Clean records, etc etc. They will give it to you . Never ever heard of anyone being turned down without very clear cause.

25 years is a bit, but who cares. Long as both of you are happy.

My wife is bit shy of 15 (years age diff) . More than I had planned on but she is a great girl. I know some couples in that range that do well.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I already have my schedule set on July 31st. I just received the packet from US Embassy Manila today. I noticed a remarks on red ink "Large Age Difference". My fiance is 34yrs older than me. I can show the consular that we have everything in terms of evidence for a genuine and ongoing relationship. I just need some advice or any tips on my interview.. I have nothing to worry about but still, I am worried LOL

What packet did you receive from the embassy? Just a letter or what? Curious who would write that on the packet... I don't not think its SOP.

As for the age gap, not a serious issue at all. As long as everything is genuine USEM won't care.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Its a letter of instructions from the Embassy in Manila including a I-129F petition showing the approval date and another piece of paper with our case number. The remarks was written on the first page of the I-129F. The agency we hired said that it is so unusual for them to show us the remarks on our petition.

02/08/2013 Check Cashed
02/11/2013 NOA1 (email)
03/01/2013 Case Touched
06/06/2013 NOA2 (email)
09/09/2013 Departure

Timeline

WoW!! You are one of the few!! Not all that many receive the Instructions Letter from the embassy in the mail. Believe it or not there was one other just recently that also got the letter from the embassy... maybe Phil Post is improving..... naaaaaaaaaaaaa ! :lol:

That still is very strange for you to get a copy of the I-129F package from the embassy (I think someone screwed up). Ya know what I would do (later), send a copy of that to your congressman.... age discrimination is a no-no... and that is bordering on that.

My wife and I fall into "that" age gap category...

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Now I have to make additional proofs UGH..

02/08/2013 Check Cashed
02/11/2013 NOA1 (email)
03/01/2013 Case Touched
06/06/2013 NOA2 (email)
09/09/2013 Departure

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hang in there Greizy....things will work out....both Dahlia and I will be thinking of you, we also have an age gap of 25 yrs....but true love bridges the age gap and I know all of us have that !!!

cjmc

Timeline

Oh oh.. our agency said its not a letter. Thats the original I-129F fiancee visa petition! Hank was right.. someone screwed up LOL

02/08/2013 Check Cashed
02/11/2013 NOA1 (email)
03/01/2013 Case Touched
06/06/2013 NOA2 (email)
09/09/2013 Departure

What packet did you receive from the embassy? Just a letter or what? Curious who would write that on the packet... I don't not think its SOP.

As for the age gap, not a serious issue at all. As long as everything is genuine USEM won't care.

I did not think they actually sent out package anymore. What say you ?

Timeline

Oh oh.. our agency said its not a letter. Thats the original I-129F fiancee visa petition! Hank was right.. someone screwed up LOL

If it is the original I-129F petition, you would see your original signatures on the documents.

Now if it IS the original I would seriously suggest you contact the embassy and ask if its missing? If they don't have it, tell them .... you do.

One thing for sure make a color copy of that page with the "age note"...

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.