Sign in to follow this  
Chris-n-Veronica

Just did a Calculation for the money I made this year..Under the 125%

6 posts in this topic

Well I started working March of this year after school.. So with counting everything up till the end of the year I'm about $1400 short of the $16,500 or 125% ..for 2 people But with my new Job I started the first of this month..I'm well over the 125% for next year... Will this be ok ??? or do I need a sponser ?

I would say it depends on how strict the Consulate is with the I-134 because some want to see your last 3 years of taxes and make them all count, and some count just one year but in any case it doesn't sound like your taxes for 2005 show you are above the level. My advice would be to get a co sponsor just to be safe, but I'm sure someone else can offer you some good advice.

Good luck!

I would say it depends on how strict the Consulate is with the I-134 because some want to see your last 3 years of taxes and make them all count, and some count just one year but in any case it doesn't sound like your taxes for 2005 show you are above the level. My advice would be to get a co sponsor just to be safe, but I'm sure someone else can offer you some good advice.

Good luck!

I agree! :thumbs:

When we filed our affadavit of support I knew that the estimated profit from the sale of our house would put us way over the required amount, but just to be safe I had my parents fill in an I-864 as co-sponsors. In the end we didn't need their affadavit at all but I'm keeping it until the visa is issued just in case. Never hurts to cover all the bases.

Wouldn't the sponser fill out a I-134 also ?

Good luck!

I agree! :thumbs:

When we filed our affadavit of support I knew that the estimated profit from the sale of our house would put us way over the required amount, but just to be safe I had my parents fill in an I-864 as co-sponsors. In the end we didn't need their affadavit at all but I'm keeping it until the visa is issued just in case. Never hurts to cover all the bases.

If you have a sponsor you will essentially have 2 separate I-134's. You fill one out, have it notarized and get all of the supporting documents and so does your sponsor.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.