Sign in to follow this  
woodgc

Things have sped up I think

24 posts in this topic

Got off the phone Thursday night with the consulate and our interview is Oct 5th; last week they said some time in Oct and call back at the end of the month.

While I was online Friday evening giving her the news her package 4 arrived the letter in it was signed Sept 19 mailed Sept 21 received Sept 22. Our Package 3 spent 3.5 weeks in mail limbo!!!

So do not think you have or will get a large heads up we have only 14 days notice!!

Right know JAL has a special on tickets HONO to SGN $953 total but her 1 way return is $1500 and a round trip from SGN is $2300 I was told to see if JAL in SGN has a better price; anyone have any advice on the best way to get her ticket???????????

Thanks,

Capt Joe and Logic Girl

Edited by woodgc

Got off the phone Thursday night with the consulate and our interview is Oct 5th; last week they said some time in Oct and call back at the end of the month.

While I was online Friday evening giving her the news her package 4 arrived the letter in it was signed Sept 19 mailed Sept 21 received Sept 22. Our Package 3 spent 3.5 weeks in mail limbo!!!

So do not think you have or will get a large heads up we have only 14 days notice!!

Right know JAL has a special on tickets HONO to SGN $953 total but her 1 way return is $1500 and a round trip from SGN is $2300 I was told to see if JAL in SGN has a better price; anyone have any advice on the best way to get her ticket???????????

Thanks,

Capt Joe and Logic Girl

Well from Seattle I would use Asiana beats the others almost everytime and by quite a large margin. Being you appear to be in Hawaii, that's a complication.

One way ticket to the US from Vietnam will never cost you more than a thousand dollars on coach class with any airlines. For ticket, contact IOM on Pham Ngoc Thach. They will book her flight and make all neccessary travel arrangements for only 80 bucks. Trust me, it is worth it. At POE, IOM agent will help her clear Custom and Immigrations

Thanks for the good info.

It looks like I might be able to get a ticket in Honolulu for ~$700 so I will see what happens monday. I will be with her so I am not worried about the POE

Thanks Again,

C&L

Why are you talking about booking a ticket or even look for one right now when you should be focusing on getting her ready for the interview? Just want to bring your focus back on the game: Get ready for the interview. When she gets the visa, only then you should go ahead and buy her ticket oneway/rt, does it matter anymore at that point?

HI is a tough place to purchase direct flight from SGN. I would def. contact a travel agency, prefered an asian one.

Good luck on your fiance's interview, and get the PINK slip first!

love,

chuck and kim

Thanks,

Capt Joe and Logic Girl

Have you tried BestTravelStore? They typically have good prices for overseas flights. Just do a google for BTS or best travel store... if you are flying out of Hawaii, contact Emerson travel 597-1818. Good luck and congrats.

I booked a one-way for my fiancee on Cathay Pacific through a local travel agent in Saigon and it was $770 (taxes included) from SGN-HKG-LAX-STL. Just for some price guidance.

POE in LAX for us both was very pleasant and they processed us both at the same time through the non-residents line.

Good luck on the interview!

STL_HCMC

My ticket was $950 total JAL hers was $650 JAL bought in Saigon. I got the tickets because we plan to pass and the emotional boost of my being with her and her getting the ticket is tremendous. It is what we want to do and staring at papers all day does not help the situation.

we have superb evidence, 5 trips to Vn total almost 3 months toghere ,hundreds of hours of chats ,a couple thousands in phone calls, good income, Pictures, engagement ceremony etc. if we do not get pink it is just one of those things and we will hunker down for the long haul but for now it is Think Pink.

We got an RFE on what I considered very questionable questions so we are use to having solid data and still hitting road blocks but we pray it goes smooth this time.

I understand you can not be at the interview but it sounds -- read some posts -- that you can wait in the lobby???? Does anyone have thoughts on this???????

Thanks

C&L

You bought the return flight tickets BEFORE the actual interview.....?

Are you a gambler Capt Joe?

They kicked me out of the waiting area during my wife's visa interview because I was the only white person sitting there, I obviously wasn't invited? I finally just waited outside with my Cafe Sua Da and the Le Duan Street traffic :)

P

Thanks for all the imput,

I consider it very reasonable to get her ticket ahead of time. It was a good price, good for 1 year and no charge to change it so keep on the big picture folks; My buying a ticket should not be the big point of all this once we all exchanged the orignal ideas on price. In a nut shell good price good exchange change policy we wanted to do it; and really if blowing $650USD is the price of her walking into the interview with a big smile confident and her head held high I say thats a pretty cheap price and not a gamble at all. etc.

And thanks for the I got thrown out info That really helps decide what to do and go Thursday morning

Mahlo,

C&L

She passed she noted that 2 girls speaking throuh translators also passes. Every one very nice to her. Vn staff very helpful American intervier very very nice; quick 5 mins no problems very smooth.

Thanks for all the good info I will fill in the very big blanks when we are in the states

C&L

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.