Kang

Amerasians

89 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I have purchased a copy of "Left by the Ship" documentary film and it was very touching and glad of the awareness of the issue that it brought to us (both Filipinos and Americans) at the same time. While watching, hubby also shared to me his experience of what it was like to be in Navy at that time being stationed in Subic Bay.

Was he aware? I dunno. The film was too stereotypical of the "prostitute" thing, IMO. James Erik, most of his cases, the father knew about the child and a good number even know their father's SSN.

What was his thoughts, by the way? When was he stationed?

I wish they included Clark AB too in the film, not just the Navy.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm not sure if it was 10 years ago. But PSBF stopped "concentrating" on Amerasians and shifted their policy to indigent children in general.

But still, many thanks to PSBF sponsors and donors. They have been helping a lot.

Yeap, I agree.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Hey sweetpink,

Have you noticed that the children featured were all black Amerasians. I dunno if the ones who "gave" the Amerasians(WedPro) is trying to imply something. However, the "all black Amerasian" featurette left me uncomfortable. I wonder what about those who have White and Hispanic fathers. :wacko:

Timeline

Hey sweetpink,

Have you noticed that the children featured were all black Amerasians. I dunno if the ones who "gave" the Amerasians(WedPro) is trying to imply something. However, the "all black Amerasian" featurette left me uncomfortable. I wonder what about those who have White and Hispanic fathers. :wacko:

Yes I did notice that. We know (those familiar) this was a issue with men of all colors.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

Yes I did notice that. We know (those familiar) this was a issue with men of all colors.

I am afraid the film is unconsciously or consciously singling out black fathers. It might not be the intention but anyone could misread it.

I have to add: I think the "second generation" Margarita is quite irrelevant. Her father might have been mixed, but it was the mother who left the family.

Timeline

I had posted a link for you last week perhaps you missed it.What I dont like about LBTS is that it is sort of anti-American and it tries to portray all the Filipinas as sex workers. I try to tell people that these were committed relationships ,personally I never saw a lot of sex workers when I was in the PI in the 70's.

Check this out.

You can view and sign the petition here, anyone 13 and older, all that is required is first and last name and email address :

http://wh.gov/g0d

The video newscast here

Long Lost Navy Daughter Denied Citizenship

http://www.wcti12.com/video/index.html

Here is a DVD of me meeting my daughter for the first time since she was7 months old, it is in German and has aired on German TV

I have purchased a copy of "Left by the Ship" documentary film and it was very touching and glad of the awareness of the issue that it brought to us (both Filipinos and Americans) at the same time. While watching, hubby also shared to me his experience of what it was like to be in Navy at that time being stationed in Subic Bay.

I had posted a link for you last week perhaps you missed it.What I dont like about LBTS is that it is sort of anti-American and it tries to portray all the Filipinas as sex workers. I try to tell people that these were committed relationships ,personally I never saw a lot of sex workers when I was in the PI in the 70's.

MY THOUGHTS.

One more thing: It also portrays that Amerasians in general have "pyschological problems". The pyschological problem is not limited to a certain group of people. Even "pure Filipinos" go through that especially from those come from dyfunctional families.

It is no wonder the Amerasians don't like it :bonk: Even with the trailer. I remember Ate Rose being so enraged. LOL

But then again, what do you expect from a documentary tainted with political agenda.

Some of the "interviewees" (not the Amerasians) have complained of the exclusion of the Philippines in the 1982 Act, but in their Facebook group, when the topic of citizenship was brought up, the same people told the Amerasians "what would you do with US citizenship given the US economy".

Now, folks, go figure! :bonk:

Timeline

I am afraid the film is unconsciously or consciously singling out black fathers. It might not be the intention but anyone could misread it.

I have to add: I think the "second generation" Margarita is quite irrelevant. Her father might have been mixed, but it was the mother who left the family.

Correct...:thumbs:

Timeline

MY THOUGHTS.

One more thing: It also portrays that Amerasians in general have "pyschological problems". The pyschological problem is not limited to a certain group of people. Even "pure Filipinos" go through that especially from those come from dyfunctional families.

It is no wonder the Amerasians don't like it :bonk: Even with the trailer. I remember Ate Rose being so enraged. LOL

But then again, what do you expect from a documentary tainted with political agenda.

Some of the "interviewees" (not the Amerasians) have complained of the exclusion of the Philippines in the 1982 Act, but in their Facebook group, when the topic of citizenship was brought up, the same people told the Amerasians "what would you do with US citizenship given the US economy".

Now, folks, go figure! :bonk:

Given citizenship has no relevance to the economy, that is a rather strange attitude.

Timeline

Check this out.

You can view and sign the petition here, anyone 13 and older, all that is required is first and last name and email address :

http://wh.gov/g0d

The video newscast here

Long Lost Navy Daughter Denied Citizenship

http://www.wcti12.com/video/index.html

Here is a DVD of me meeting my daughter for the first time since she was7 months old, it is in German and has aired on German TV

Why was your daughter denied citizenship? Do you care to share?

Given citizenship has no relevance to the economy, that is a rather strange attitude.

Agreed. They might as well say relinquish their Philippine citizenship because over the past dacades, the Philippines has not been really well economically (very high poverty rate) :blink:

One more thing: the same people saying that were the one complaining of the exclusion of the Philippines in the 1982 Ameasian Homecoming Act.

That makes it all more stranger.

:bonk:

Timeline

Agreed. They might as well say relinquish their Philippine citizenship because over the past dacades, the Philippines has not been really well economically (very high poverty rate) :blink:

One more thing: the same people saying that were the one complaining of the exclusion of the Philippines in the 1982 Ameasian Homecoming Act.

That makes it all more stranger.

:bonk:

Exactly the message, just verbalized differently. Then again, misery does love company. :wacko:

I guess, they were bitter that they lost the $68 million lawsuit in 1993 against the Navy :whistle:

It was a bad strategy (the lawsuit). I do not believe that the US taxpayers should be shouldering the cost, but I believe the kids should be given the option of having access to the US. Maybe, they have a chance if they questioned the constitutionality of the Homecoming Act (equality clause).

Timeline

I guess, they were bitter that they lost the $68 million lawsuit in 1993 against the Navy :whistle:

It was a bad strategy (the lawsuit). I do not believe that the US taxpayers should be shouldering the cost, but I believe the kids should be given the option of having access to the US. Maybe, they have a chance if they questioned the constitutionality of the Homecoming Act (equality clause).

I guess they never heard the ole adage, "hogs get slaughtered, pigs get fed."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.