Jahan&Veena

Immigration officer didnt give I-94

11 posts in this topic

Hi

Finally arrived here in the USA on Aug 26, 2006 via Atlanta, GA. The problem is that the immigration officer who stamped my passport never gave back the I-94. I remember her writing a FIN# on my I-94 and the same number on my passport. Bein a VJ member I knew that I had to have the I-94 but was so excited when she said to me "Welcome to the USA" and didnt notice that the I-94 was not given back to me :crying:

We have contacted the Customes & Border Protection (CBP) at Atlanta and they asked us to fax a copy of my passport to them so that they "may decide whether to send the I-94 or not" :angry: We phoned them yesterday to see what was being done and they say that we should hear from them by Tuesday next week.

Does any one know if there is anything else that can be done? I cant get the SS number without the I-94 as we have been to the SSA office and they said I-94 was needed.

Your help and advice is much appreciated.

Regards,

Jahan (and Christine)

Click here for our complete timeline; from K1 all the way to citizenship.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Don't you just love bureaucracies? :angry:

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline

My fiance arrived from the Philippines on July 11, 2006 and also did not receive the I-94. We are now seeking an adjustment of status( I-485) and need the I-94 to complete paperwork. Do I need to seek a copy of this and pay the required fee? Is this a common problem not to receive the I-94?

regards,

almanles

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Look into something called 'deferred inspection'. I think you will have to go to the nearest CPB office. Explain that this isnt' just for fun--explain why you particularly need the i-94.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

almanles,

Read again the section of the I-485 instructions that mentions I-94. Carefully. There's an important two-letter word in there.

Read also this thread from the Usenet newsgroup <alt.visa.us.marriage-based>

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.visa.us...859361897429005

Pay attention to the posts by the immigration lawyer, not the posts by the DIYers.

Yodrak

My fiance arrived from the Philippines on July 11, 2006 and also did not receive the I-94. We are now seeking an adjustment of status( I-485) and need the I-94 to complete paperwork. Do I need to seek a copy of this and pay the required fee? Is this a common problem not to receive the I-94?

regards,

almanles

Edited by Yodrak

almanles,

Read again the section of the I-485 instructions that mentions I-94. Carefully. There's an important two-letter word in there.

Pay attention to the posts by the immigration lawyer, not the posts by the DIYers.

Yodrak

regards,

almanles

The way I read things is that even though my fiance was not given the I-94 at DFW, I will still have to file an I-102 and pay $155. If I'm also reading things correctly, I can file the I-102 in conjunction with the I-485. If anyone has any further info, please let me know.

almanles

almanles,

I guess you missed the 2 letter word... it is kind of small and hard to see. Anyway, I'd follow the directions (and Folinsky's thinly veiled hint) and submit other evidence of status, and not spend the $160 unless instructed to.

Beyond that, sending I-102 with only $155 is a sure way to get the whole package sent back to you.

Yodrak

almanles,

Yodrak

regards,

almanles

The way I read things is that even though my fiance was not given the I-94 at DFW, I will still have to file an I-102 and pay $155. If I'm also reading things correctly, I can file the I-102 in conjunction with the I-485. If anyone has any further info, please let me know.

almanles

Edited by Yodrak

Hello ALL!

We have an update on this. Our original post is dated Sep 8th and on Saturday Sep 9th we received the I-94 in the mail!!

So first thing on Monday morning we went to the SSA office to apply for the SSN as I have been here for 15 days now (will always remember I applied for my SSN on the historic day of Sept 11th) only to find out that the details are not yet in their database. They were kind enough and said they will keep checking for the details in the next 10 days.

If they get the details in the system within the next 10 days then they will process it and we should receive the card soon BUT if they see no details then they will automatically send a request to CIS to verify the details which according to them can take atleast 30 days :( Either way, they said we dont have to come back to the SSA office.

Thank you for your replies and all the best.

Regards,

Jahan/Christine.

Click here for our complete timeline; from K1 all the way to citizenship.

Filed: Other Timeline

And further to add to this...

Wes had a similar experience. His I-94 was not issued either but we caught the problem a few days later. We contacted the Pittsburgh Airport CBP and did the 'deferred inspection' that meauxna referred to above.

They issued us a new I-94 and all was well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.